E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > ED Process: When Does PO Go In?

06-23-2007, 07:39 PM   #1
330cic
Rep
Drives: 330cic

ED Process: When Does PO Go In?

My ED Process, so far:

Pre-reserved in April.
Got confirmed pick-up date in May.
Got PN in ealy June (but no production week scheduled yet).
Next step should be signing a Purchase Order.

When should the PO be completed/sent in?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2007, 08:32 PM   #2
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

If you received a real production number,you have to have a production week.The purchase order should be filled out,signed and Notarized and sent in with your docs ( this is done by your CA ) once you have a production number.Be sure to read it over and check all of the numbers.The color and options can still be changed as long as you don't have a vin.....get the PO in asap,it's one less thing to worry about !
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
330cic
Rep

Received PN, But No Scheduled PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvRobinson View Post
If you received a real production number,you have to have a production week.The purchase order should be filled out,signed and Notarized and sent in with your docs ( this is done by your CA ) once you have a production number.Be sure to read it over and check all of the numbers.The color and options can still be changed as long as you don't have a vin.....get the PO in asap,it's one less thing to worry about !
I received a PN the first week in June, for a pick-up date that was confirmed in late May. Calls to the automated 800 number, plus discussions with CS rep indicated that my vehicle is scheduled for production, but there is not yet a firm production date. "Maybe next week we will find out, as your pick-up date is still 9 weeks away..." is what the nce lady says. How do I know if I have a "real" PN or not?

CA has had PO info for a week; perhaps he is also waiting for a production date before he submits to me?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 09:34 AM   #4
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

The CA doesn't need to wait for anything.Once you have a production number, the PO should be filled out,checked for errors,signed and Notarized and sent in with the necessary docs.....tell your CA to get moving and get the PO to you for your signature
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #5
Hound Passer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i Convertible

I completed the PO about a week after I got my production number -- and about two and a half months before delivery. ED needs the PO at least a month before delivery, but the more time you give them the less chance for administrative bugaboos. I didn't pay for my car until a week before delivery (paid cash).
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2007, 09:11 PM   #6
330cic
Rep

CA Getting PO To Me This Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvRobinson View Post
The CA doesn't need to wait for anything. Once you have a production number, the PO should be filled out, checked for errors,signed and Notarized and sent in with the necessary docs.....tell your CA to get moving and get the PO to you for your signature.

Thanks for the info.

CA has all the required info. He indicates that he will be completing it and senting PO to me this week. Just finished speaking with CS rep at 800 number; car is now scheduled for Week 30 production (on or after 7/23). Everything seems to be on track for an early September lift-off in Munich.

Now that everything seems to be falling into place, I can allow myself to be excited....

Thanks, again.
Appreciate 0