E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Picking up a interior

02-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
Stevese90
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d ed

Picking up a interior

Hi guys just wanted some help of fellow forum members I've bought myself some m sport lci seats now the only way the seller is going to sell them to me is if I come and collect what will be the best and least hassle way of collecting taking out my seats and leaving just d drivers seat or borrowing my mates little daihatsu terios 4*4 and collecting I just don't want to leave my seat with the seller I can easily take all the seats out of the terios and collect but don't now if they will fit also forgot to mention it will have the roof lining and doorcards as well
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
stringy93
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 318d msport

I'd say taking the terios would be your best option mate, just not sure about the headlining you'd have to measure it. I've taken all the seats out of a car before to pick up a new interior but that's in the days before airbag sensors. Driving yours with only the drivers seat in will likely throw up an airbag light

Garage: 318d msport, Mini one, Vw Crafter, Golf VR6
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

Really, hire a van for the day. it's not that expensive and a shit load less hassle than trying to drive your car while sitting on a bucket. I also doubt you'd get the interior into a Terios. Also remember to eat 4 weetabix the morning you pick them up because the seats weigh a fecking ton.

I've always wondered how you fit a roof lining in a saloon without removing the front or rear windscreen
      02-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
Stevese90
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d ed

Cheers guys I thought they would fit into a terios if I completely remove everything from the back I think I may have enough space but really want to make sure travelling 200 miles and leaving half of it behind would be a right pain in the backside
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
I think you're being a tad optimistic in thinking you are going to get all that kit in the car.

Van.