Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Dont order wheel caps from Tire Rack!

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
TripEEE
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i M Sport

Angry Dont order wheel caps from Tire Rack!

Just got my wheel caps from tire rack. THEY DON'T FIT!
When ordering I specified I had 19" TSW SNETTERTON's on a 2007 BMW 335i coupe. On the phone I said I wanted BMW wheel caps that will fit these wheels. Sales agent said no problem they have the caps for these and can ship them out today (10/12).
Today (10/14) wheel caps arrive. I'm excited. Go out to my car to put them on and they don't fit!!http://www.e90post.com/forums/images...es/mad0260.gif

So I called up today and they claim "We don't sell BMW wheel caps for aftermarket wheels"

SO WHY WOULD YOU PLACE MY ORDER IF I SPECIFIED THAT I HAD TSW WHEELS?!?!??!?!

Best of all they don't want to refund my shipping that I had to pay for to get my incorrect wheel caps. IMO, that's terrible customer support. If they screwed up they should eat the shipping costs, not the customer!

OK I'm don't venting, just know I will never be doing business with tire rack again.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #2
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: VALNCYA

Garage List
^^ SMH
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 06:15 PM   #3
02themax
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Sucks! Tire rack has always been good for me but I'm with you on this one.

E90 335i
Sport Package - Logic 7 Sound w/ipod - Bluetooth - Comfort Access - PDC - 19" M3 Reps 275/30 235/35 - Blacklines - 10mil spacers rear, 5mil spacers front - BMW Alarm
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 06:26 PM   #4
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 456ntripz View Post
Just got my wheel caps from tire rack. THEY DON'T FIT!
When ordering I specified I had 19" TSW SNETTERTON's on a 2007 BMW 335i coupe. On the phone I said I wanted BMW wheel caps that will fit these wheels. Sales agent said no problem they have the caps for these and can ship them out today (10/12).
Today (10/14) wheel caps arrive. I'm excited. Go out to my car to put them on and they don't fit!!http://www.e90post.com/forums/images...es/mad0260.gif

So I called up today and they claim "We don't sell BMW wheel caps for aftermarket wheels"

SO WHY WOULD YOU PLACE MY ORDER IF I SPECIFIED THAT I HAD TSW WHEELS?!?!??!?!

Best of all they don't want to refund my shipping that I had to pay for to get my incorrect wheel caps. IMO, that's terrible customer support. If they screwed up they should eat the shipping costs, not the customer!

OK I'm don't venting, just know I will never be doing business with tire rack again.
Just send them back, the folks at Tire Rack will change them ... remember to error is human ... must be some minor mistake in size... I think they are in mm so one mm might make the difference

I purchased some non OEM wheels my OEM caps will not fit either so I need to measure and order the proper size

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
Sean@PYSpeed.com
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3

TireRack they are generally good. Call them up and let them know, their reps should be able to solve your problem quickly
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 08:26 PM   #6
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

You said you wanted wheel caps and they sent them to you. I find it hard to believe that you asked for BMW wheel caps and they sent you something else. It is all about communication and regardless who is at fault, why is this such a big deal???
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #7
amgeater
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i and W220 S55 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
You said you wanted wheel caps and they sent them to you. I find it hard to believe that you asked for BMW wheel caps and they sent you something else. It is all about communication and regardless who is at fault, why is this such a big deal???
+ 1 you sound like my wife when she gets something wrong on her order. just send the stuff back and they will fixed for you... in regards to the shipping they will work something out with you, One thing I can tell you is that if you got on the phone with a rep with the same kind of attitude that you wrote this thread, then NO WONDER THEY DIDNT DO ANYTHING FOR YOU... just be nice, Remember
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 07:37 AM   #8
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

What I said on the sales call was "as long as your wheels accept OE BMW caps, these will fit with no problem" because the BMW caps we sell *are* OE center caps. I'm sorry if there was any confusion. I use the same wording on all forum callers buying caps only. We don't carry TSW wheels, so I would have no way of knowing what size of cap they accept. We would have no problem taking the caps back if they are not damaged.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 12:16 PM   #9
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary@TireRack View Post
What I said on the sales call was "as long as your wheels accept OE BMW caps, these will fit with no problem" because the BMW caps we sell *are* OE center caps. I'm sorry if there was any confusion. I use the same wording on all forum callers buying caps only. We don't carry TSW wheels, so I would have no way of knowing what size of cap they accept. We would have no problem taking the caps back if they are not damaged.
Just a quick question about the caps you sell. I notice if I build a wheel & tire package on the tirerack website it usually comes up with an offer for the BMW wheel caps at the end of the order, I assume this means they would fit the wheels I would have selected?

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #10
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCCubs View Post
Just a quick question about the caps you sell. I notice if I build a wheel & tire package on the tirerack website it usually comes up with an offer for the BMW wheel caps at the end of the order, I assume this means they would fit the wheels I would have selected?
That should be the case, yes, but I'd be happy to double check. What is the size and name of the wheel?

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 06:39 AM   #11
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep

Quote:
That should be the case, yes, but I'd be happy to double check. What is the size and name of the wheel?
It was the Moda EB1's (17 inch).

Thanks.

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 07:58 AM   #12
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCCubs View Post
It was the Moda EB1's (17 inch).

Thanks.
Yes, this wheel does indeed accept BMW OE center caps.

Wheels
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AH8&...eels/index.jsp

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 12:12 PM   #13
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep

Quote:
Yes, this wheel does indeed accept BMW OE center caps.

Wheels
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AH8&...eels/index.jsp

Awesome thanks for the confirmation.

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 12:27 PM   #14
brocklanders
Major
Rep
Drives: the uno, mineral white

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
does tire rack sell tsw? i dont remember seeing them on the website, i wouldnt expect a vendor to have info on a product they dont sell. i have bought wheels, suspension and brake parts from them in the past year, and have nothing but good things to say about my service.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 12:49 PM   #15
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocklanders View Post
does tire rack sell tsw? i dont remember seeing them on the website, i wouldnt expect a vendor to have info on a product they dont sell. i have bought wheels, suspension and brake parts from them in the past year, and have nothing but good things to say about my service.

read post #8 from Gary again.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #16
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Having recently picked up a winter set of BMW wheels/tires that did not have the center caps, I have researched and found that there are several sizes (why, is beyond me) made by BMW. So even for a BMW wheel you need to know what size you need. For an aftermarket wheel, the best you could do would be to measure (or look up the wheel online and hope they provide the spec) to see if a OEM cap would fit.

I bought a set from BavAuto. A wee bit pricey, but they should be the right ones, and genuine parts.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #17
M3 Eater
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I need TSW silver center caps with Black and red writting to fit my 18" donningtons.

I have been trying hard to match them up for about 8 months. I can't get a hold of anyone that is confident about the fitment