E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Upcoming E92 mods, would like some feedback

03-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
CT
GODXSPD
United_States
Rep
Drives: SSII E90M

Upcoming E92 mods, would like some feedback

Hey guys,

After a long, arduous trip through the depths of my pocketbooks and bank statements, I've come to the conclusion that I'll have to postpone taking European Delivery of an M3 til roughly late next year. Since my beloved 335 is soon to be out-of-warranty and out from under Big Brother's watchful eyes, it's time to start gearing up for some more in-depth changes.

My limitation with these mods is thus: it must be completely reversible for zero extra cost. A close friend has expressed interest in the vehicle and I'd like to be able to return it to him in whatever form he wants (bare-bones stock to fully modded).

So, my list has been built as follows:

19" VMR V701s in dark silver (unsure of color, see below)
Front bumper (leaning towards Amuse-Ericsson rep, see below)
Vorsteiner deck lid
JB3 (a must-have, in my opinion)
Dual-Cone intake (unsure of brand, see below)
6000K angel eyes (must match OEM headlamp color, see below)
BMW Performance Brakes (or other BBK, see below)
Rear bumper (this is what I really need some help on)
And the big kicker - 3.64 LSD

All of these are likely to be ordered and installed as the year goes on, probably in order of least-impactful to most-impactful. What I need your help with, though, are the following:

Dark silver VMR V701s - Which vendor had that thread with the absolutely gorgeous new color for VMR wheels? Also, yay/nay on an AW coupe?

Amuse-Ericsson rep - Are there any vendors other than ConstructAuto that have something along these lines? How is CA's quality / service? Anyone with experience that could post their story would be great.

Vorsteiner Trunk - Post your vendor experiences! That's the only hold-out for this one.

Dual-Cone Intake - Which brand? Which vendor? Do share

Angel Eyes - I've been poking around looking at angel eyes for quite awhile now, but I'd like anyone who has a set to pipe in and let me know how well you feel like it matches the OEM headlight color and just the build quality in general.

BMW Performance Brakes - How do these compare to other major BBK's (StopTech, Brembo, etc.)?

Rear bumper - Okay. This is where it gets tricky. I haven't seen any aftermarket rear bumpers that I'm absolutely smitten with. Many of them just seem too garish for what I'm aiming for with the car. I've been trolling the pictures forum for nearly a year now, but I can't have seen everything. What do you guys suggest for a slick, low-key rear bumper?

Thanks for the suggestions

Last edited by CT; 03-08-2010 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 05:57 PM   #2
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I'll try and help the best I can here.

The VMRs w/ custom dark silver finish, pretty certain it was EAS that does this custom finish. We could help you out with that as well.

VRS Trunk- Are you looking for the full CF Aero Trunk Lid replacement or just the Decklid Spoiler attachment?

DCI- Go with AFE or BMS.

AEs- take your pick, LUX, WeissLicht, etc. Depends on your price point and what you want to get out of it. Don't think you'll find a 4300K (which is OEM xenon) AE upgrade, unfortunately. They're mostly 6000K.

BBK- Don't really know too much about OEM BMW PERF BBK, but Stoptech/Brembo are solid choices.

LSD- Go with Qualife/Wavetrac
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #3
CT
GODXSPD
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the feedback.

I'd be aiming for the full CF trunk replacement as the spoiler attachment probably wouldn't be too easily removable in the long-term (glues tend to get...well...gluey).

What sort of arrangement would be required for the special finish if it's usually available from EAS? I'm not sure if it's some sort of vendor deal they've got with VMR or just a process they apply in-house. I've ordered from both EAS and JLSW before and have been happy with both. Though, unless EAS wheel packaging has improved, I think JLSW might be the better choice.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
if your going to consider oem bmw perf brakes with stoptech/brembo, you might as well go aftermarket. those oem performance ones are not going to be worth the money

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
CT
GODXSPD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
if your going to consider oem bmw perf brakes with stoptech/brembo, you might as well go aftermarket. those oem performance ones are not going to be worth the money
Any particular reason you think so? I know StopTech and Brembo are both exceptionally good at what they make, but the BMW Performance set should be pretty high quality and (from what I gather so far) a bit less expensive.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #6
Kriston
The Ultimate Driving Machine
Canada
Rep
Drives: Like Donkey Kong on Roids

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post

I guess you like to pay extra for the Brembo stickers

FYI: The OEM BBK is made by Brembo its stamped right on the calipers.

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Ummmmz.......

DCI: BMS
Angel Eyes: Lux 5.0
Rear bumper: Mtech w/ performance diffuser
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #8
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

sorry but as far as i know the the BMW performance brakes arn't available for the 335i. and from what iv heard, the stock 335 brakes are better.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0