E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > In car CCTV required.... car has been damaged!!! grrr

06-10-2013, 05:09 AM   #1
Ronseal
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 325

In car CCTV required.... car has been damaged!!! grrr

Hi all,

I walked up to my car today and immediately noticed my fuel filler door was slightly open....So immediately thought that possibly my fuel had been sucked out by some scum bag, but no, fuel was still all there after i started the car to check the levels. I then noticed a dent near the fuel filler door, so it looks like someone has given my car a wack or kick which im guessing has opened the fuel filler door, would this be possible? As the fuel filler door locks when the car is locked up...???

I then took a few steps back and noticed a dent also near the drivers door handle and another on the front wing, so looks like someone has given my car a wack or kick down each panel!!!

Im so almghtly pissed off right now, after i only washed and waxed her yesterday, so i KNOW this damage is new today!!!!! GRRRRR

So, can anyone give advice on whether that is possible, to kick the fuel cap open with some sort of impact to that area, and also, anyone know of a decent cctv system for inside a car?

Thanks,
Dan
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
Sportplus
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 318i M Sport E91

Fucken scumbags, never mind CCTV a shotgun is required for these clowns.

I can't answer the question about how much force is required to open the fuel filler cover, Wouldn't have thought it would be that hard as its a push lock.

Where abouts are you in London??
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 06:38 AM   #3
Ronseal
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportplus View Post
Fucken scumbags, never mind CCTV a shotgun is required for these clowns.

I can't answer the question about how much force is required to open the fuel filler cover, Wouldn't have thought it would be that hard as its a push lock.

Where abouts are you in London??
If only I could see these people do this type of sh!t to my property! Would love to see their faces when they realize whats coming to them! Oh well, these type of people are always going to be low life that need to do this type of act when its dark, no bollocks!!

I live near Crystal Palace, you?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 07:17 AM   #4
Sportplus
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 318i M Sport E91

Isleworth with in the next week. Liveing in North Oxfordshire at the moment. Will need to find somewhere to hide my car from the scumbags when we move.

We all work hard for what we have and some human turd decides to damage it because they cant be bothered to get off their arse to work hard and have nice things. They deserve to be strung up and pelted with rocks.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
Axelf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Z4 35is...

Sorry to hear that about your car... cant understand why people do this... hope you get it sorted
      06-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #6
Ronseal
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Cheers guys.

Im currently looking at getting one of these... http://www.blackvue.com/en/contents/sub1.asp?idx=16

But want to see if there is a way i can fabricate my own little swivel bracket, so i can then turn the camera to point to the side of the car when im parked down the side road to get a side on view for if/when this happens again, trouble is, what if they then attack from the other side of the car!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
foxy-stoat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320 E91

I have 2 380 blackvues...blinding piece of kit. Got one facing front and ther other at the rear. The will start recording in park mode on impact but only records front and back....only any good if a car/person walks in the line of sight.

Dont think you can swivel them so they record out the side though.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 03:22 AM   #8
Ronseal
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy-stoat View Post
I have 2 380 blackvues...blinding piece of kit. Got one facing front and ther other at the rear. The will start recording in park mode on impact but only records front and back....only any good if a car/person walks in the line of sight.

Dont think you can swivel them so they record out the side though.
Did you get the wifi version? whats the quality like at night? and how hard does impact have to be for it to record?

Cheers
Dan
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 03:28 AM   #9
foxy-stoat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320 E91

Dont think they are wifi ones.

Quality is pretty good at night, camera works well with the car lights.

You can set the sensitivity down low when driving so drive over a bad pot hole and it will save as an event. In park mode the sensitivity is set to the max so it will record if someone bumps into it.

I havent worked out how to upload the video clips so you can see the quality....may have a go later on.
Appreciate 0