E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > I got a Virgin! ( Supercar experience gift voucher)

11-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

I got a Virgin! ( Supercar experience gift voucher)

Hey Chaps and Chapettes.

I got gifted one of these Supercar experience things. Where you get to drive, a GT3, some sort of fezza, an Aston and a Gallardo.

I have never been on of these experiences, I am assuming you only get a couple of laps in each and its all over very quickly.

But, has anyone been to one? or one similar? Was it enjoyable?

After all it is a gift, so you know, I dont want to throw it away, its just I do have to take time out from work which is really a high priority for me.

Any feedback would be great.
Cheers guys.
AP.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
dakhu1
love the 'GT ROAD'....bruuuaaah!
Rep
Drives: 320D M Sport & 118D M Sport

I went to one at Silverstone, and got 3 laps in a left hooker Ferrari 355 and loved it - the instructor kept telling me to gun it which was great!! It was over really quick but a great experience and well worth the trek from W.London - the drive home was fun too

Enjoy it mate
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 01:08 AM   #3
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakhu1 View Post
I went to one at Silverstone, and got 3 laps in a left hooker Ferrari 355 and loved it - the instructor kept telling me to gun it which was great!! It was over really quick but a great experience and well worth the trek from W.London - the drive home was fun too

Enjoy it mate
Cheers for the insight. It does sound fun when you put it like that.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 02:04 AM   #4
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Well worth it AP! You can sometime buy extra laps but you won't come away disappointed if you didn't. Warning - it's addictive!!
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 02:32 AM   #5
HeavyRightFoot
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP

I went to one a few years back and drove an R8, DB9, Gallardo and Murcielago. I enjoyed it but the only annoying thing was that the instructors would tell me to shift at 4-5k revs.

Speaking to someone else at the same track who was driving a 360 Modena, he was allowed to rev it a bit, but then drove a 458 and had to change early. Think it is something to do with the age of the car and the instructor you get really. Still worth going though!
      11-17-2012, 02:35 AM   #6
SteveC
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Errr

Pardon the ignorance, but what's a fezza?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 02:41 AM   #7
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
Pardon the ignorance, but what's a fezza?
LOL. Apologies it means Ferrari.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 02:49 AM   #8
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post
Well worth it AP! You can sometime buy extra laps but you won't come away disappointed if you didn't. Warning - it's addictive!!
LOL. Rog you got me exited I have booked it for early december

Is the DVLNI thing sorted now? Had i little go in my friends 370z coupe the other night. Very composed and lovely soundtrack.

What are you after next? can't you keep both
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 02:53 AM   #9
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyRightFoot View Post
I went to one a few years back and drove an R8, DB9, Gallardo and Murcielago. I enjoyed it but the only annoying thing was that the instructors would tell me to shift at 4-5k revs.

Speaking to someone else at the same track who was driving a 360 Modena, he was allowed to rev it a bit, but then drove a 458 and had to change early. Think it is something to do with the age of the car and the instructor you get really. Still worth going though!
Thats quite some list of cars there. what is the big lambo like? always wanted to drive one of those.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 03:07 AM   #10
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_P View Post
LOL. Rog you got me exited I have booked it for early december

Is the DVLNI thing sorted now? Had i little go in my friends 370z coupe the other night. Very composed and lovely soundtrack.

What are you after next? can't you keep both
Oops, forgot to call the DVLA yesterday, been up to my eyes (plus a kittle hungover!). Prepping my car to try & sell privately so new tyres on route (these are needed anyway), need to refurb an alloy, then it's going onto a traders website for a flat fee if it sells. If not Ill either keep or try again when it warms up next year. Short list still a manual E92 325/330d or Scirocco R (maybe Golf GTI/R).

Anyway, my track afternoon consistent of a 911C2, Gallardo, XK8, 'Fezza' 456 (I think) & DB9. It was quite an expensive package that I did for my 30th. First & last track day and loved it. Highlights being the Porka & Fezza (the latter surprising me as Im not normally a huge fan), why, because (and I'm going to sound like a broken record) thru were the only manual gearboxes there. Just felt more involved whereas the autos felt more like go-karts - just point & squirt!!
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 03:24 AM   #11
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Oops, forgot to call the DVLA yesterday, been up to my eyes (plus a kittle hungover!). Prepping my car to try & sell privately so new tyres on route (these are needed anyway), need to refurb an alloy, then it's going onto a traders website for a flat fee if it sells. If not Ill either keep or try again when it warms up next year. Short list still a manual E92 325/330d or Scirocco R (maybe Golf GTI/R).

Anyway, my track afternoon consistent of a 911C2, Gallardo, XK8, 'Fezza' 456 (I think) & DB9. It was quite an expensive package that I did for my 30th. First & last track day and loved it. Highlights being the Porka & Fezza (the latter surprising me as Im not normally a huge fan), why, because (and I'm going to sound like a broken record) thru were the only manual gearboxes there. Just felt more involved whereas the autos felt more like go-karts - just point & squirt!!
I here you there mate, just went from a paddle shift back to a manual. Having a stick makes it all so much more involving, and rewarding. There are too many "has to be done", mundane things in daily lives. So it nice to just jump in a car and properly connect to road.

Out of all the cars you mentioned as possible choices. the Scirocco R would get my vote. Or the Golf a close second for its all round capabilities.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 05:01 AM   #12
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
The funny thing is phrases like "all round capabilities" put me off the Golf. Makes it sound a little too sensible, boring almost, lacking in character. The dealer saying people are put off the Rocco as its not as practical & has worse visibility when compare to the Golf make the Scirocco more appealing oddly
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 05:04 AM   #13
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The funny thing is phrases like "all round capabilities" put me off the Golf. Makes it sound a little too sensible, boring almost, lacking in character. The dealer saying people are put off the Rocco as its not as practical & has worse visibility when compare to the Golf make the Scirocco more appealing oddly
lol. And the Rocco R looks stunning too
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #14
Jones89
Rep
Drives: E90 320

Did one of these for my 21st at thruxton was good fun drove a Porsche cayman s then Lamborghini murcielago lp670 sv then single seat Renault race car, was very good must say the Renault was probably the most fun though because it was so raw like a high powered go-kart very fun
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
HeavyRightFoot
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_P View Post
Thats quite some list of cars there. what is the big lambo like? always wanted to drive one of those.
Immense!!! Didn't feel that heavy but again, I wasn't going over 5k revs. Definately the best one I went in though!