E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > AR Catted DPs & Latest BMW Software/GIAC

11-04-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

AR Catted DPs & Latest BMW Software/GIAC

Question for you guys...

I have a 2008 E92 with GIAC stage 1 software and AE catless exhaust. I have AR catted DPs on order. Does anyone know if I'll need a DP fix with this setup? Will that be dictated by the BMW software or the GIAC software? I spoke with Andrew at AR design and he wasn't sure if I'd need a DP fix or not. I have pretty much the latest BMW software that went along with the HPFP recall a few weeks ago and Andrew wasn't sure if that version would still trip a CEL, but I'm thinking since I have a GIAC tune that wouldn't matter, or would it? I don't think the GIAC software changes everything in the file. Anyone have a similar setup and can share your experience?

Last edited by I335; 11-04-2010 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: Misspelling...
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
Bimmer This
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

You shouldn't need a DP fix with catted downpipes.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
Daya
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335 space gray/coral red

Garage List
2007 E92 335  [9.66]
You will need an O2 sim otherwise you will have to clear out an annoying SES light every couple of days. I speak from experience when I had GIAC stage 1 and AR catted DP. I don't think the BMW software will have anything to do with this.

GIAC S2 | Brembo GT BBK 355/345 | BBS CH-R | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | AR Design: DP, S1 Oil Cooler, OCC | AMS FMIC | Bastuck Quad Exhaust | Borla MP | KW V1 | Stett: CAI, CP | Forge DV | P3 Boost Gauge | Arkym: Front Lip, Rear Quad Diffuser | Vorsteiner CSL Trunk | LUX H8 | ModMyNav | MFD M3 Sideskirts | BMW M-Tech Front/Rear Bumpers, Edition Grills
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #4
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

In the USA GIAC does not remove those codes because of the LAW.
Some people reported to get CELLS anyway with AR Catted Dps (you should have gone Catless IMHO) .
In case you get them just purchase the BMS 02 sims. Worked for me when i had GIAC.
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 06:45 PM   #5
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

AR catted DP's here with latest software. Yes it will throw a SES light if you are not using a O2 fix.

I have had the pass few updates and for some reason they didn't throw a SES light without the 02 fix, they must have changed something with the latest.

I'm out of the country for a while so I took my V4 out to let my wife drive the car, she has been getting SES lights every few days, I have to teach her how to clear codes now with a BT.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #6
sleepergm
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: White 335i M-Tech

I got the same setup recently ... and I am throwing a 2C77 code ... anyone know what this is? I have the fix installed on seting 7pm. And the code comes back every 25kms or so ... is it a faulty rear sensor?

My car seems to run ok with the code ... will it effect performance?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #7
Nick@aep
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: E92 335i 6mt, 996 GT2

I know of someone that has AR Catted DP's with our exhaust w/o secondary cats and he hasnt seen a single SES light on his dash. I dont think you'll have any issues.

Great choice w/ your Flash.

Nick

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #8
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

Thanks for all the input guys - much appreciated. My plan is to get them installed and run them for a bit. If I get a CEL I'll just have to get a DP fix but I'm hoping I don't need it. Time will tell...

And Nick, it's great to hear from you my friend! I've been meaning to call you to do a little catching up as it's been a while since we last talked - I'll be sure to call soon. And regarding the exhaust, if you recall, I got one of the first ones you made and have been running it for quite a while now. It still looks brand new and still sounds fantastic! And I knew you'd approve of my choice of DPs - I think they're a perfect match with the AE exhaust and GIAC tune - quality/quality/quality. Once I install them I may just be able to say "I'm done" with my power/sound mods... We shall see...
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 10:15 AM   #9
ar design
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@AEPerformance View Post
I know of someone that has AR Catted DP's with our exhaust w/o secondary cats and he hasnt seen a single SES light on his dash. I dont think you'll have any issues.

Nick
WOW! Nice to see you posting, its been a while!!!!!!!! Doing better?
      11-05-2010, 10:32 AM   #10
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@AEPerformance View Post

Nick
Hey Nick!

I have AR Catted DP's + AE exhaust (without secondary cats). I did not throw errors for a little over a year. After that time I started to get them. So I think the cat performance changes a little over time to where you will eventually need a simulator.

Before I ran with no simulator and passed the ODBII emissions test last December. Now I get codes, so I have turned the PROcede simulator on (o2 modifier=70%) and the codes are gone.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #11
Nick@aep
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: E92 335i 6mt, 996 GT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by I335 View Post
Thanks for all the input guys - much appreciated. My plan is to get them installed and run them for a bit. If I get a CEL I'll just have to get a DP fix but I'm hoping I don't need it. Time will tell...

And Nick, it's great to hear from you my friend! I've been meaning to call you to do a little catching up as it's been a while since we last talked - I'll be sure to call soon. And regarding the exhaust, if you recall, I got one of the first ones you made and have been running it for quite a while now. It still looks brand new and still sounds fantastic! And I knew you'd approve of my choice of DPs - I think they're a perfect match with the AE exhaust and GIAC tune - quality/quality/quality. Once I install them I may just be able to say "I'm done" with my power/sound mods... We shall see...
Hey Buddy! It definitely has been a while. I'll send you a PM in a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar design View Post
WOW! Nice to see you posting, its been a while!!!!!!!! Doing better?
Hey Andrew! Its been a while still. Its still been difficult and everything is just little steps during fighting cancer. I'm feeling better everyday though.

Appreciate 0