E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E91 handbrake flashes yellow on engine stop

02-03-2024, 09:04 AM   #1
kristian9107
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 325xi 2007 Touring

E91 handbrake flashes yellow on engine stop

Hello e90post, throughout 2023 i had multiple electricity problems with my e91 325xi 2007 manual. I had the famous B+ cable problem, after months of struggle i have fixed the car myself with my own hands. During the periods ot feb 2023 - apr 2023 and sep 2023 oct 2023 car died randomly, on mountains, on beaches, in random cities and roads. I almost had enough and sold the car but i saw a post here and fixed the car as i said earlier with this proper oem part 61129312133. Basically cut off the end of the power cable that went in the fuse box, replaced the end with the oem part, assembled everything and the car went smooth until few days ago. Sometimes when i turn off the engine the electricty flashes on/off for two seconds no more and the handbrake flashes in yellow for 5-6 seconds and everything works normal. Sometimes my speakers stop wokring while driving and when i turn off the car, wait 5 minutes and they work again. Car did the speakers problem 3-4 times. Car hadn't died yet, but tomorrow i will disassemble the fuse box and look at the power cable.

Do you have any advice for me? Does these problems ring a bell for something other than fuse box/b+ cable problem? I can make the repair again, I am an expert now since the ordeal I had to go through in 2023. I have called multiple times BMW in Munich, in Sofia, Bulgaria, also in the local dealership in Burgas, Bulgaria where i live near, I saw that some cars are having recall for this problem but mine does not have, whether it is eligible just like the other that went into recall. I have their same problem with the electricity but they refuse to fix it simply because there is no recall. I am a little bit mad and very tired of this electric problems. I think of selling the beast. It simply the beginning of the end for my car I think, but i don't want to say goodbye to it. I love this car and I love driving it. It is my heart.

I am emotional but there is simply no other way around it, 7 repair shops could not repair this car n00bs, i never went into the official dealership because they charge 10 times more which i hate. I fixed it and now it has problems again....
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2024, 10:41 AM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristian9107 View Post
... e91 325xi 2007 manual... Sometimes when i turn off the engine the electricty flashes on/off for two seconds no more and the handbrake flashes in yellow for 5-6 seconds and everything works normal. Sometimes my speakers stop wokring while driving and when i turn off the car, wait 5 minutes and they work again... Do you have any advice for me?...
Advice:

Get Fault Codes read in ALL Modules (~ 20 Modules in vehicle). We're particularly interested in fault codes in CAS, DME, DSC/DXC, FRM, JBE & KOMBI (Instrument Cluster) Modules.

Also, what "flashes on/off for two seconds" when you turn off engine? Interior Lights? Instrument Cluster?? Did that BEGIN at SAME time as Brake warning light flashing? Is that AFTER the engine stops? How many speakers does your Radio/Audio have (so we know which sound system you have)?

Also, if you have a "!" in Yellow Triangle to Right of Odometer readout in Lower Instrument Cluster display, use "Check Control" procedure, found in Owner's Manual, to read "CC-ID" codes. Post ALL Fault Codes & CC-ID codes here, with Last-7 Characters of vehicle VIN, and someone can help.
George
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 02:52 PM   #3
kristian9107
Bulgaria
Rep

The flashing yellow handbrake sign hasn't occured this week. I guess there is no problem with the electricity or electronics.

However, the speakers continue to randomly stop.

After research i saw that there are few modules that run on a same fiber optic cable.
All the videos on youtube show that when the example cars speakers stop working, randomly just like mines, a yellow SOS symbol appears on the lower instrument cluster and the people there fix it by bypassing the said module, which is located somewhere under the back seats next to the Satellite radio module.

My car does not have a SOS module and neither Sattelite radio module, therefore i don't know where to start.

I guess i have to bypass some other faulty module, but i have no idea which one uses the fiber optics.

My VIN number: WBAVT11030KW01292

Quote: Get Fault Codes read in ALL Modules - I don't know what that means and neither how to look at it. I don't own such software or hardware, perhaps you can guide me or share a link from where i can buy these stuff.

Another thing to add: I bought my car from Switzerland, i am the second owner and i have a telephone button on the BMW Professional multimedia and on the steering wheel, but they never worked. I don't know if i have the hardware for the phone service or if it's there, but not working. I guess if i had telephone i will also have SOS and Satellite Radio. I have no idea. Checking the VIN doesn't help because i don't see phone, SOS or bluetooth listed in the specifications.

Last edited by kristian9107; 02-06-2024 at 03:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 05:01 PM   #4
kristian9107
Bulgaria
Rep

I have bought K+DCAN to USB cable, just installed on my laptop INPA and tomorrow i will check every error on my car, i am so happy that with INPA i can check so many features of the car and see which is faulty or whatnot.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 06:16 AM   #5
kristian9107
Bulgaria
Rep

INPA is kind of overwhelming and i cannot seem to find anything that points to malfunctioning speakers.
Appreciate 0