E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > no start. help needed. possibly bad CAS

02-15-2023, 02:21 PM   #1
n54_los
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 335i

no start. help needed. possibly bad CAS

new here, but my car won't start. It's a 08 e90 335i. I have error codes from all my modules and I need someone's help to know if I should get a new CAS.
problems I have right now are

-no crank no start when its hotter than 45 degrees F outside
-when I can drive the car, doors lock and unlock randomly.
-trunk will randomly pop open. or sometimes say it's open but then I check and it's not.
-lights stay on sometimes after taking the key fob out and it takes literally 5 to 20 on/off cycles to finally get the lights off.
-chattering is coming from the fuse box. It sounds like a ratchet. (anytime I put the key in or press the start button it chatters)

all my codes have smth to do with terminal 15 and its outputs, I can share all my codes if it helps.

I'm just so confused why it happens when its hot out. anything helps TIA
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 06:50 AM   #2
sunday orie
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter

Hi did you finally get some help? Almost sounds like your junction box electronics and also the fuse box portion of it may have some serious amount of corrosion possibly following some water ingress. Is the DME itself dry or is that compartment also flooded with water which is a common issue when the drains are blocked with leaves and other forms of dirt. Kindly check on that possibility and let us know your findings.
Appreciate 0