E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Rough idle... sometimes

02-04-2024, 09:05 PM   #1
ahmadhady_x
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328

Rough idle... sometimes

Hey, so I have BMW 328i 2009 205k km. It has been running lean for a LONG time. I dunno how long cuz long story short when I bought it all 4 O2 sensor lights on so after a lot of troubleshooting it was just a fuse which then informed me that the car was running lean which I was diagnosing for a LONG time till I finally found out it is CCV ventilation valve or wtv it’s called. Changed it and now it accelerates like beast no lean condition. Though as soon as it was changed 2A82 came up ( overly retarded bank 1 vanos intake) which pops up whenever the car idles violently rough which isn’t often but sometimes… ideas?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 01:09 PM   #2
sunday orie
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter

There is a possibility that the vanos units are either being starved of oil occasionally due to a partially blocked oil intake in the sump. Are your chain guides intact or have signs of the normal wear and is there any sign of sludge building-up in the engine? Nice to confirm this. Also if you could swap the solenoid valves over and try the same test and see if the fault still remains on the same side or it now shifts to the other side you can know if the problem is still the solenoid or the actual oil circuit on the intake. If these steps do not yield much of a result then you could have a possible camshaft journal that has got the ledges worn out at the cap where the oil grooves that feed the vanos are located and that will need to be replaced. So just take it a step at a time and let us know what happens and what you find
Appreciate 0