E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Quaife LSD review

06-16-2009, 01:59 AM   #1
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quaife LSD review

I had my Quaife LSD installed with 3.46 gearing at HP Autowerks in Santa Barbara CA. I've put 2K miles on the car since the installation and all I can say is WOW!! The Quaife diff has truly transformed my driving experience.

The car is just so much fun to drive, it always has been, but the Quaife took it to that next level. When I get on the throttle from a dig, I am instantly pushed back in my seat as the rush of torque immediately drives the car forward, the feeling is just sensational. And the car gets up in a hurry from rolling starts as well and continues to shine up top on WOT.

The Quaife diff provides so much more traction over the stock open diff. I must admit that I did enjoy spinning the wheels or one wheel with the open diff and then the car getting launched forward. Now, without all that useless wheel spinning my car is able to take advantage of the boatload of torque that the N54 makes by putting that power down equally to both wheels.

The car feels like a different animal now. With DTC/DSC completely off you really have to watch your acceleration because the tail can slide out from behind you in a hurry, especially on sharp turns, as it feels like the rear want to run out ahead of you..

The Quaife diff, coupled with a tune is where it's at. I'm actually very satisfied with the amount of power my car is putting down to the ground because I'm utilizing all the power. I'm running 19x10 +22 with 275's and M3 torque links/control rods that help to stiffen the rear and lowered on H&R sports.

Upgraded turbo's are planned at some point down the road. Thanks again to Harold and the guys at HP Autowerks!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #2
ducati955
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: lifted tacoma on 38's & ducati

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
thats nuts man! does it decrease power that much if you leave dtc on?

NEW RIDE white GTR!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
Raz335
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Convertible

Awesome review! A 335 with LSD/tune and M3 suspension components is a M3 killer. Plus more fun as a daily driver because of more torque.

Jerez Black/Fox E93 M3 - Prem 2/Cold/Conv/DCT/EDC/19's/Ext Lthr/Crbn Trim/Enhanced Sound/Sat
Mods- 20" BBS LM's DBK/Challenge Catback/Eibachs/Trim wrapped black/Lux Angel eyes/35% Tint
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 10:16 AM   #4
Zeph
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT SGM CR/BD

I assume you have a 6MT since you said you put the 3.46 gears in? AT comes with 3.46
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati955 View Post
thats nuts man! does it decrease power that much if you leave dtc on?
No, however it's definitely more fun to drive with all nannies off though. What I"ve noticed is that if you leave it on, the traction control system seems to intervene less than before because of the improved traction as I don't get that warning symbol light as much.. so it's definitely more powerful in any setting now.
Appreciate 0