E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Trade-in to Lease question

01-18-2006, 11:05 AM   #1
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2, E84 X1

Trade-in to Lease question

I'm looking at getting a e90, and have my e46 to trade in. Right now, it is probably best for me to lease, and this would be my first lease, so the following questions may be noobish.

The cost of the e90 and whatever off I get MSRP on will be determined now/when I put down the deposit. But for my e46 trade in, it will be determined when the e90 arrives and the deal completes. Right now they are saying that my car is worth low $20k CAD ( its an 01 ). What I'm afraid of is that they will give me a wicked price off the the car and then screw me on the trade in. I could walk away when the e90 arrives, but that may mean losing my deposit. I could sell my car privately, which would mean that I lose the GST savings on a trade in.

Anyone who has done this and know a good salesman/dealer in the GTA? I've only been to Town&Country ( its close to work ) but plan on checking out Parkview.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 11:29 AM   #2
UnPossible
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I am in the process of doing exactly what you are describing, trading in my E46 and leasing a new E90.

When I was negotiating with the dealer, we agreeded to a trade in amount for my E46 that they would honor upon delivery of my new E90 (2 months later). Their only stipulations were that I didn't exceed a certain mileage (2,000 miles), or get in any accidents.

Overall it seemed pretty reasonable to me and they didn't act like this was a big deal to do.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 12:39 PM   #3
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2, E84 X1

Gee, that sounds so reasonable. I guess I shouldn't have gotten all worried.
Appreciate 0