E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > cabo san lucas

01-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
Dvdman
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 and 2007 M6

cabo san lucas

Thinking of taking the wife for our 10 year somewhere. Anyone been there that could give me some info? Expensive? Older crowd or younger?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
BobKingerman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i, 1969 Mustang

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
I was just in Cabo 2 weeks ago. The weather is nice all the time and its a great place to relax on the beach. I went during my college break so there were a good amount of college age people. But if you went any month before the summer other than March there shouldn't be too many college kids.

I didn't get a chance to go into town during the day but from what I heard there are plenty of places of eat and hangout and the public beach is supposed to be nice. The night life is pretty good if you would be into that. There are some places that are geared towards older couples.

The town is very safe since it is so far from any boarder where there would be drug trade and the local police like to keep it that way to encourage tourism. If you do get into a run in with the police they are most likely just looking for a bribe.

Drinks are cheap at bars, a bunch of places sell $1 beers and $2-3 mixed drinks. We would take a taxi into town since it was 20mins from downtown and that would only cost around $20 for a van no matter how many people were in it.

2007 335i E90 BSM Depo Tail, Matte Grill, AFE DCI, JB4, Debadge, Matte Black Avant Garde M310, Blacked Out Trim, Mtech v3 AE
Future Mods: Tint, Catless DPs
E90post.com E9x Picture GAME!!! 2 Points Challenges Girl, Office Space
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
MontegoGoGoGo
I'm kind of a bitch
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego/Cream E93

Garage List
2007 E93  [0.00]
Went about 8 years ago, stayed at the Westin Regina Golf & Beach Resort.
Great place, the architecture is famous because of the way it was built. Every room has a completely private balcony because the building isn't flat, its curved. I lost all but one of my photos when my laptop decided to kill itself. (Can you tell which one is mine, lol.)

Here's a link to photos: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin...ropertyID=1087

There are a ton of pools, but we are ocean people and I recall the water being deep and rough, so if you want to swim, you might want to go somewhere else. If you're a diver, you can take a dive boat out. Tons of great fishing charters.

We got this amazing room with one of the tubs outside on the balcony. Was very beautiful!

Oh and great food!

Please excuse my doobage.
Attached Images

01-23-2011, 08:40 AM   #4
MontegoGoGoGo
I'm kind of a bitch
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego/Cream E93

Garage List
2007 E93  [0.00]
Holy shit, I do not even remember writing that post last night! Yikes! Have fun.
      01-23-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
JCE
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M3 2010 Sedan

I went the first time in 1994, then again in 95. Both of those times I was single. Went back in 98 with the wife, then back again in 2008 with a buddy after getting divorced. So, I have alot of knowledge about Cabo.

Back in the mid 90's was a wild time. That was before it got more commercialized. When I went in 2008 it was pretty dead, but that was during the flu scare and when the economy turned. I would say it was alway a little older crowd and a west coast crowd. Not like Cancun, for example.

Like upthread, if you want to swim on the beach it is not the best. It drops off quickly and there is an undertow.

I doubt I will go again, but I know it like the back of my hand. FYI I would always recommend staying in town like at the Melia or something. The airport is about 25 miles north in San Jose del Cabo, and between in and CSL is called the "hotel zone". Nice hotels, and that is where the Westin is, but you have to take a taxi into town. If you stay in town, that is where all the nightlife is and restaurants within walking distance. If you go, rent a car and drive up the pacific coast to Todos Santos. A cool drive.

I go to smaller places now. I went to Zihuatenejo last June and loved it. Going to Isla Mujeres in April. PM me if you want to know more about Cabo or Mexico in general.

PS - if I was taking somebody somewhere for an anniversary, I would go to Grand Cayman or somewhere else in the Caribbean. Or Paris.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
BobKingerman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i, 1969 Mustang

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoGoGoGo View Post
Holy shit, I do not even remember writing that post last night! Yikes! Have fun.
Haha, I had to look up doobage. Your post was very informative and grammatically correct.

I have a few videos from cabo. They were taken at Rips bar where they have rainbow shots. Its one drink that pours out of the tumbler into 9 shots of the colors of the rainbow. Here was our drunk/lame attempt. The girl's name is Jenny and her parents own the bar

2007 335i E90 BSM Depo Tail, Matte Grill, AFE DCI, JB4, Debadge, Matte Black Avant Garde M310, Blacked Out Trim, Mtech v3 AE
Future Mods: Tint, Catless DPs
E90post.com E9x Picture GAME!!! 2 Points Challenges Girl, Office Space

Last edited by BobKingerman; 01-23-2011 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 02:10 PM   #7
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

I was there for a cruise once, only there for 6 hours but i loved it. We went to the Cabo Wabo Cantina and had an amazing meal. I would fly back just for that
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #8
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Been there many times, have a friend who lives in the Lands End area. Town is typical tourist trap, lots of souvenirs and dumb people getting drunk. The beach side is nice as well, a litle quieter but like gogo said the water is rougher and drops off fast. If you're not an above average ocean swimmer be careful. As far as crime etc. just stay in areas where it's populated and Mexico is fine(grew up in SD, been in Mexico probably over a 1000 times for stays of a day or two up to weeks).

If you have the cash Cozumel/Cancun is hands down nicer, cleaner and much more sight seeing and exploring to do but more expensive. Skip Mazatlan and PV all together they've really gone down fast. Far south in Mexico is nice if you're into ocean sports places like Puerto Escondido all to the Guatelaman border. Cabo is fun though!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 03:35 AM   #9
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

cabo=way over rated.
Appreciate 0