E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Recommended product to clean leather seats??

04-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
grigorico
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335xi

Recommended product to clean leather seats??

RED SEATS + BLUE JEANS + RAINY DAY = FML

please recommend a product......
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #2
dtea604
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 325i

you could either try meguiars cleaning and leather balm. heard pretty good reviews i just purchasesd the autoglym leather cleaner and leather balm havent tried yet heard good reviews about both. so heres my 2cents.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 02:35 AM   #3
JayTdotP
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Coupe Navi

My light grey seats are horrible, would do anything to get it looking brand new again.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #4
ktm2006
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535i M Sport

Hot water with some dawn dish soap and the jean marks will come out....I had the same issue when I had my Oyster interior.
      04-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Leather Masters Strong Cleaner
OR
Leatherique Prestine Clean

After that apply one of the other leather masters products to protect the seats and you will have a lot less dye transfer and when you do it will be an easy cleanup.

If you don't like the pricing on those you can try woolite diluted with water.

Get a good leather brush and give the seats a nice scrubbing, my Jade Grey seats come out looking great each and every time.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
nitehawk
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
OR

After that apply one of the other leather masters products to protect the seats and you will have a lot less dye transfer and when you do it will be an easy cleanup.

Get a good leather brush and give the seats a nice scrubbing, my Jade Grey seats come out looking great each and every time.
I thought Leatherique Prestine Clean is part of a two step process, no?...After the Rejuventor oil. Can it be used on its own?

Also, I find the OE BMW UV Leather Lotion to be quite good for protecting the leather (once it has been cleaned).
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #7
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
I thought Leatherique Prestine Clean is part of a two step process, no?...After the Rejuventor oil. Can it be used on its own?

Also, I find the OE BMW UV Leather Lotion to be quite good for protecting the leather (once it has been cleaned).
Prestine Clean works great as a stand alone cleaner. If you have a light interior that's not in perfect condition you will be able to see a night and day difference in your seats. It leaves a nice matte factory finish to the seats too, no shiny stickey slipppery crap.

A leather brush makes a big difference too.

My leather looks brand new on most of the seats because I only use the driver seat and 99% of the time the others have gone un-used, and I don't really get my drivers seat dirty or anything, but after using it there was a very noticeable impact on the colour of the leather and the way the finish on the leather looked.

Leather Masters works just as good, used it on a beige interior in another vehicle and the results were very dramatic.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
Fozzy
Waaka Waaka
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 xdrive & 2015 F15

BMW two step cleaner and conditioner has worked really well for me with my coral red. Did my buddy's light grey on the weekend and turned out great. It's about $16 or so each
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #9
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
BMW two step cleaner and conditioner has worked really well for me with my coral red. Did my buddy's light grey on the weekend and turned out great. It's about $16 or so each
Last time I checked BMW was re-labelling lexol leather products, but I'm not sure if things have changed now. It's a pretty decent product, if you just get the lexol brand you can probably save a couple bucks.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 11:10 PM   #10
nitehawk
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Prestine Clean works great as a stand alone cleaner. If you have a light interior that's not in perfect condition you will be able to see a night and day difference in your seats. It leaves a nice matte factory finish to the seats too, no shiny stickey slipppery crap.

A leather brush makes a big difference too.

My leather looks brand new on most of the seats because I only use the driver seat and 99% of the time the others have gone un-used, and I don't really get my drivers seat dirty or anything, but after using it there was a very noticeable impact on the colour of the leather and the way the finish on the leather looked.

Leather Masters works just as good, used it on a beige interior in another vehicle and the results were very dramatic.
Thanks....definitely gonna give Prestine Clean a try. I also have a Jade Grey interior and its mainly the drivers seat that needs a clean every now and then...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 06:36 AM   #11
JayTdotP
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Coupe Navi

Quote:
OR

where can i find these products in the gta?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #12
ZZZZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i winterbeater

Leatherique is the way to go.

leatherique.com
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #13
99three
Banned
Rep
Drives: 993, e92, e36, F355, Z32, Jag

Leatherique is definitely the way to go. The 2 step is recommended for first application then you can use the conditioner for maintenance thereafter. Take it from me, the lighter Jaguar and Porsche leather is very finicky but this product turns it brand new again.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #14
StevenIam
Private
Rep
Drives: just fine (2009 335i)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvo_srt4 View Post
Hot water with some dawn dish soap and the jean marks will come out....I had the same issue when I had my Oyster interior.
That really works! Thanks for the tip.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #15
BMWRich
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

can anyone recommend a good leather brush?
Appreciate 0