E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dental Insurance

06-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

Dental Insurance

Looking for a dental insurance company. We currently have Concordia and they will only cover 50% for crowns and implants. My wife broker her tooth and we need to do something but Im just not used to paying so much for these types of procedures.

....thoughts

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

You're going to have to find a plan that covers pre-existing conditions. Good luck.
      06-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

^^This. It depends on what state you are speaking of... Since our fucked up insurance system will not allow companies to work out of state.
      06-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #4
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
You're going to have to find a plan that covers pre-existing conditions. Good luck.

Well from what Im getting...it seems that my deal isnt so bad. Some ppl have to pay 100% for roots and replacement teeth...

my 50% isnt sounding so bad now..

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #5
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Dental insurance is almost worthless. Just take care of your teeth and pay the expenses as they come up IMO. Unless, of course, your employer pays for everything. As others have said, though, there's usually a 6-12 month waiting period for new policies before they will pay for anything.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 12:15 AM   #6
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Its my wifes tooth...

I dont pay anything for ...mental-dental-medical.

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 12:29 AM   #7
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
Dental insurance is almost worthless. Just take care of your teeth and pay the expenses as they come up IMO. Unless, of course, your employer pays for everything. As others have said, though, there's usually a 6-12 month waiting period for new policies before they will pay for anything.

Not worthless if they even partially cover braces / retainers etc. That shit's thousands of bucks.

Also, you never know. I just recently found out that for years upon years I've been brushing my teeth "wrong" and it just wasn't caught before. I apparently brush way too hard with a brush that has way-too-tough bristles and there are almost irreparable grooves dug into my teeth because of it, and it fucked up my gums and they receded. When the gums grew back, it was only afterwards that we found out that they grew over pieces of tooth where tartar had formed. Insurance covered an extra special cleaning procedure to clean that shit out. Good thing I have dental..

tl, dr, you never know what fucked up stuff will happen, so that's why it's called "insurance"

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #8
ToothDoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.2 TTS, CLA 45 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Not worthless if they even partially cover braces / retainers etc. That shit's thousands of bucks.

Also, you never know. I just recently found out that for years upon years I've been brushing my teeth "wrong" and it just wasn't caught before. I apparently brush way too hard with a brush that has way-too-tough bristles and there are almost irreparable grooves dug into my teeth because of it, and it fucked up my gums and they receded. When the gums grew back, it was only afterwards that we found out that they grew over pieces of tooth where tartar had formed. Insurance covered an extra special cleaning procedure to clean that shit out. Good thing I have dental..

tl, dr, you never know what fucked up stuff will happen, so that's why it's called "insurance"
Dude, you have gotten so much WRONG information I don't know where to even start. You're gums won't grow back over calculus. Your calculus crept down into your gingival pockets. You're grooves are not caused by brushing too hard but by abfraction which is biting/clenching/grinding too much. Brushing too hard causes smooth surfaces and recession - imagine sanding. If you were to use sandpaper to sand something down, will it cause sharp edges or smooth edges?

Keep your dental insurance if you get it from an employer. If you have to pay for it, don't get any insurance.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #9
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Let me chime in with an almost exact same situation.

With the situation you're in at this very minute. Concordia is the best. I spent days, weeks doing research.
Concordia is one of the few that will give you immediate coverage for those types of 'surgeries'. And they're the on that will pay the most proportionally.
You can't do any better than where you're at currently.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 10:15 PM   #10
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Thanks Freak. Some clarification and sounds like you have some research done..

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 11:56 PM   #11
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothDoc View Post
Dude, you have gotten so much WRONG information I don't know where to even start. You're gums won't grow back over calculus. Your calculus crept down into your gingival pockets. You're grooves are not caused by brushing too hard but by abfraction which is biting/clenching/grinding too much. Brushing too hard causes smooth surfaces and recession - imagine sanding. If you were to use sandpaper to sand something down, will it cause sharp edges or smooth edges?

Keep your dental insurance if you get it from an employer. If you have to pay for it, don't get any insurance.
Not to doubt you or anything, I'm just trying to figure things out.. all of this is incorrect information?

http://www.midweek.com/content/colum...the_wrong_way/

http://drellisonline.blogspot.com/20...g-so-hard.html

http://www.saveyoursmile.com/alert/abradedteeth.html

However, you are right about the calculus and stuff. I messed up my own explanation. It ventured down under the gum line, causing inflammation, leading to even more vigorous brushing by me, leading to more damage. Thanks for the correction. If you have any ideas as to the above, then let me know, too. Not trying to start anything negative, I'm just honestly concerned when I hear two different things for different sources. These are my teeth after all!! (Though my "grooves" were not NEARLY that bad)

But anyway my point was that anything can happen. Keep your pearly whites insured

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #12
FDM68
Captain
Wake Island
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by donovan View Post
Thanks Freak. Some clarification and sounds like you have some research done..
I pretty much concur as I've looked for other things and as far as dependents go UC does pretty well. This is especially true overseas.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #13
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Well over seas I wouldnt pay a damn dime...

come back to america and I have all these out rageous got damn fees and taxes all over the place....this nation needs a change and I dont mean obama

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0