E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Car shaking at 3-6th gear

05-22-2015, 05:54 AM   #1
ninuuu18
Registered
Rep
Drives: '11 325i

Car shaking at 3-6th gear

hi i want to ask you guys about my car weird problem..

for start, this happens around 1 month ago when my friend and i took it for a spin.. i never had any problem with the engine or the tranny for around 10 months of owning the car (it was second hand car i bought at BMW authorised second hand dealer here in Indonesia and had done 20K km and when this thing happened it was 39K km) it has auto 6 speed box btw..

when my friend hit the pedal to the kickdown mode all of a sudden it start shaking when we got to the toll booth.. and when we arrived to park the car, it starts to like stall but it didnt stall.. RPM was at around 700-600 which isnt normal AFAIK..

BUT after i restart the car, it suddenly came back to a very normal state which confuses us...

Tl;DR, when i test the car again at high RPM, the issue came back and again its gone after a quick restart and it ONLY happens at 3rd to 6th gear and above 2200 to 5400 then its gone.. 1&2nd gear are normal plus on those high gears, i got a non linear power delivery like there's a power loss and then it gain power again until 6000 RPM...

yesterday i checked the car + regular maintenance to the dealer (oil had to be changed + spark plugs) and today my service advisor said that it still has the same issue after spark plug change and he said that he'll try to update the tranny software

oh yeah, i've always use 95 RON gas (shell V power here) and when the problem occurs at the 1st place, my mom filled the car with 92 RON gas..

soo is it more towards the tranny box or something broken in the engine? because my car is now clocked at 41500 KM which is still a virgin..

thank youuu!!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 10:07 PM   #2
Delusive
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bagged E92

Big chance it's your ignition coils, I find it funny that your SA recommended replacing the spark plugs first before the ignition coils.