E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > MOSCONI 120.4 DSP Setting Files for Right hand BMW UK AUSTRALIAN Cars

View Poll Results: Which setting is best for you?
Any Volume listeners profile 6 66.67%
Mid range adjusted profile 3 33.33%
Low volume listeners profile 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

03-15-2015, 06:41 AM   #23
paul458
Registered
Rep
Drives: e91 (2011)

Hi there I hope you guys are willing to help me as i'm a newbie here.
I have just had a mosconi D2 100.4 and gladen speakers fitted to my E91 (2011) with base audio HU.

two questions:
1. do I need to get the HU coded if so who can do it im in Croydon.
2. will the DSP files uploaded on this thread be of use to me.

I hope you can shed some light on this
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 10:00 AM   #24
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Mak im considering coding to hifi. Will i need to change my headunit output wires (go into my dsp currently as hi level)?

Also considering replacing my helix p-dsp and vibe with this mosconi unit.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 10:16 AM   #25
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul458 View Post
Hi there I hope you guys are willing to help me as i'm a newbie here.
I have just had a mosconi D2 100.4 and gladen speakers fitted to my E91 (2011) with base audio HU.

two questions:
1. do I need to get the HU coded if so who can do it im in Croydon.
2. will the DSP files uploaded on this thread be of use to me.

I hope you can shed some light on this
1- Totally your call. You get more clarity and better sound with hi-fi.
2- Only useful when gains are set correctly.
      03-15-2015, 10:17 AM   #26
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Mak im considering coding to hifi. Will i need to change my headunit output wires (go into my dsp currently as hi level)?

Also considering replacing my helix p-dsp and vibe with this mosconi unit.
Mo
If you code your unit to hi-fi then wiring / RCA should go to low level input and not high-level input otherwise expect some noise.

This mosconi unit is good and decent enough to give you good results.
      03-16-2015, 06:40 AM   #27
paul458
Registered
Rep
Drives: e91 (2011)

Hi Mak
thanks for the reply, if coding means better clarity I will get it done. it is my understanding that the hi level speaker wires will go to low level and I should get them terminated with RCA and feed the low level input of the amp, is this correct.

Also I need to find someone who can do this, I live in he Croydon area could someone please point me in the right direction. I don't mind travelling for this service so long as the person knows what they are doing. Because I sure as hell don't want to take my car apart and not know how it go's back together again.

Last edited by paul458; 03-16-2015 at 06:45 AM.. Reason: amendment
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 07:24 AM   #28
Edinnit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Hunting

Is it possible to explain how to set the gain on this specific amp?
There are instructions on the Gladen website, but weather I adjust the dials on the amp (like they suggest), or the gain setting on the software, I cant get the light to come on....

Also, the only way I can get the under seats to work, is with the amp set to 2 channel mode, surely thats not right, as im using 4 channels, no?
      04-25-2015, 10:35 PM   #29
Mo_far
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 50i, E93 325

E93 settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00
EDIT: LHD files are added is post 7.

I have came across few Gladen / Mosconi sound systems and I had to tweak them to get best out of them. I am just an ordinary person who likes to listen and enjoy the music and use my ears to tweak the sound (other than O-scope if needed). So please keep your expectations under control.

The intention is to start a new thread with some DSP setting collections and help them who cannot adjust this by themselves.

Another reason is to make 120.4 DSP amp plug and play for some forum members so they can use these files to adjust their sound system without any professional help. In other words, this kit is better than Alpine retrofit kit but Alpine is PNP. With these files, Mosconi / Gladen sound system will be PNP.

Before you proceed and apply any of these settings to your amp, please consider that these files are adjusted for
- RHD (Right hand drive cars)
- Front Channels on 120.4 DSP = Front door speakers
- Rear Channels on 120.4 DSP = BMW under seats

***If you use the rear channels of the amp to amplify the rear channels or any other drivers, then these files are not valid for your sound system and you will cook your rear speakers by using this.***

Now, my files are based on three different profiles.

1- Any Sound system at any volume (ranges from any normal listener to competition level).

2- Sound system to compensate mid range deficiencies on BMWs.
(for those who feel that there is mid range gap and sound stage is not in front of them)

3- Sound system tweaked for those who listen to their music at low - moderate volume

Please download all of these files and try one by one and see which one is best for your need.

Once you download them, you will have to rename them to .gas extension. In order to do that, select one of these files, press F2 on you windows and change the extension from .txt to .gas and you will be good to go.

When you are comparing these files, please keep the external factors constant such as

- Music Track
- Volume settings
- Source of input (aux-in / CD / HD based music / 6FL / 6NF)

Now all I ask you is to thank this forum and other forum members (IanS100 & Andyrap) and share your experience by stating which one you liked. Remember, by saying thanks and mentioning best file for your setup will keep this thread alive and useful for other searchers / forum members.
Thanks for the great post Makkan

I'll be installing this package on my E93 in a couple of months. I was wondering if the settings should be different because of the different acoustics the car will have. What are your thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 06:01 AM   #30
AndyN
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i & E93 335i DCT

Garage List
2010 E93 335i DCT  [0.00]
2006 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_far View Post
Thanks for the great post Makkan

I'll be installing this package on my E93 in a couple of months. I was wondering if the settings should be different because of the different acoustics the car will have. What are your thoughts?
I have the Gladen kit with this DSP setting on my E93, it's great, you can always play with the DSP settings a little to tweak for your personal preferences but as a base line, it's good.

Turbo Dynamics Stage 2+ Hybrid turbos - Evolve FMIC - VRSF catless DPs - Remus Race exhaust - Injen CAI - VRSF CP & HKS BOV - Quaife LSD - Gladen 120.4 DSP kit - CIC to NBT Upgrade - JB4 G5 w/ race flash - Ohlins R&T suspension -
next mod: go faster stripe.
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2015, 01:21 AM   #31
Mo_far
Private
Australia
Rep

Just got mine installed (mosconi 120.4 DSP and Gladden 201 extreme). Really happy with the setup and used the any volume base tune.

A clue of points I was hoping you guys could help me with:

1- I have the base unit and when I asked the installer if he used high input or low, he said high input. Did I understand correct that one should use low input if the head unit isn't coded to HIFI? The installer told me that the head unit outputs high and if I were to set it to low I would need a converter of some sort?

2- since the install I can hear the head unit fan working after an hour or so listening to the system. I don't run it on high volume to break in the speakers first but the fan is loud. Now I'm not sure if something has stuck to the fan that makes the noise or if the HU is under a lot of stress and heating up (it's winter here in Sydney so the external temp is pretty cold).

I'll be going back to the installer in a coup of weeks for a retune once the speakers are broke in so hoping to get these checked again.

Thanks again to Makkan and others who have really been helpful
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 03:20 AM   #32
Aragorn30d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

The stock head unit does output high level signals in base mode.

In Hifi mode its a sort of half way signal, not quite low, not quite high, but probably best to run it in Low once in Hifi mode.
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2015, 03:41 AM   #33
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_far
Just got mine installed (mosconi 120.4 DSP and Gladden 201 extreme). Really happy with the setup and used the any volume base tune.

1- I have the base unit and when I asked the installer if he used high input or low, he said high input. Did I understand correct that one should use low input if the head unit isn't coded to HIFI? The installer told me that the head unit outputs high and if I were to set it to low I would need a converter of some sort?

2- since the install I can hear the head unit fan working after an hour or so listening to the system. I don't run it on high volume to break in the speakers first but the fan is loud. Now I'm not sure if something has stuck to the fan that makes the noise or if the HU is under a lot of stress and heating up (it's winter here in Sydney so the external temp is pretty cold).

I'll be going back to the installer in a coup of weeks for a retune once the speakers are broke in so hoping to get these checked again.

1- stock signals are high level so amp should be switched to high level input.
Hi-fi coding makes it low level so amp should be on low level.
2- AFAIK, standard professional radio has no fan in Uk. CCC/ CIC have fans and they are usually on after some time of driving.
Installing Gladen kit does not put any pressure on CIC/CCC as external amp is doing the job.
      07-29-2015, 07:20 PM   #34
Mo_far
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_far

1- stock signals are high level so amp should be switched to high level input.
Hi-fi coding makes it low level so amp should be on low level.
2- AFAIK, standard professional radio has no fan in Uk. CCC/ CIC have fans and they are usually on after some time of driving.
Installing Gladen kit does not put any pressure on CIC/CCC as external amp is doing the job.
Thanks mate. I have the CCC professional nav. The noise probably is because of something making contact with the fan. I'll check it out when I go back for a retune.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2015, 12:11 PM   #35
Kannu
Private
Rep
Drives: F20 120d M sport

I just installed the Mosconi D2 80.6 but i guess the software is about the same...

Few questions:

1) Are the distances for time correction used in inches?
2) Could someone post the eq-values here or take a screenshot of them?
3) are there any other settings altered than the mentioned?

I'm having the strangest problems with the software: I looked at the .txt files for tips, but when setting values, the frequency chart always looks like the values are positive- I can't get the chart go to minus values.

This would be huge help, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 09:05 PM   #36
Pingu2308
Rep
Drives: E90 M Sport

I am after a bit of help if possible,
i am booked in to have a Dynavin N6 fitted in the next week or two. I have just bought some Earthquake subs to replace the ones i have under my seats. Now i would like to amplify them and been looking at the Mosconi ones. now i have came across the 120.4 and the 120.4 DSP is the DSP worth the £130 more? Plus will my installers of my Dynavin and amp if it get one be able to change the sub cables to RCA's so that my unit will control them through sub woofer volume.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 02:30 PM   #37
Richierich32
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d in White

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
EDIT: LHD files are added is post 7.

I have came across few Gladen / Mosconi sound systems and I had to tweak them to get best out of them. I am just an ordinary person who likes to listen and enjoy the music and use my ears to tweak the sound (other than O-scope if needed). So please keep your expectations under control.

The intention is to start a new thread with some DSP setting collections and help them who cannot adjust this by themselves.

Another reason is to make 120.4 DSP amp plug and play for some forum members so they can use these files to adjust their sound system without any professional help. In other words, this kit is better than Alpine retrofit kit but Alpine is PNP. With these files, Mosconi / Gladen sound system will be PNP.

Before you proceed and apply any of these settings to your amp, please consider that these files are adjusted for
- RHD (Right hand drive cars)
- Front Channels on 120.4 DSP = Front door speakers
- Rear Channels on 120.4 DSP = BMW under seats

***If you use the rear channels of the amp to amplify the rear channels or any other drivers, then these files are not valid for your sound system and you will cook your rear speakers by using this.***

Now, my files are based on three different profiles.

1- Any Sound system at any volume (ranges from any normal listener to competition level).

2- Sound system to compensate mid range deficiencies on BMWs.
(for those who feel that there is mid range gap and sound stage is not in front of them)

3- Sound system tweaked for those who listen to their music at low - moderate volume

Please download all of these files and try one by one and see which one is best for your need.

Once you download them, you will have to rename them to .gas extension. In order to do that, select one of these files, press F2 on you windows and change the extension from .txt to .gas and you will be good to go.

When you are comparing these files, please keep the external factors constant such as

- Music Track
- Volume settings
- Source of input (aux-in / CD / HD based music / 6FL / 6NF)

Now all I ask you is to thank this forum and other forum members (IanS100 & Andyrap) and share your experience by stating which one you liked. Remember, by saying thanks and mentioning best file for your setup will keep this thread alive and useful for other searchers / forum members.
Spot on...time to play
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 02:52 PM   #38
kevinherring
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31 330D

Sorry to hi jack this post but I am a bit confused. I have installed my Mosconi One 130.4 DSP today and wanted to give some of these profiles a play so that my under seats were acting a proper woofers.

So I went to download the software here:
http://www.gladen-audio.com/DSP/download/

I didn't realise there were two versions, so I downloaded the first:
"Mosconi DSP 130.4DSP/ 4to6 / 6to8 / 6to8-V8 / D2-DSP starter software and software update Version 1.1.134v6to8-4to6setup-XP.exe (19,8 MB)"

After installation it detected my amp and allowed me to change some of the settings. However, when I try to load a profile it is looking for files with an extension of ".628" not "gas". Trying to force those files to load would crash the software.

So then I noticed there is a separate software for Mosconi One - which I have, right? So I downloaded this:
DSP Software MOSCONI G_ONE DSP Version 1.0.91.0 Software Update (5,9 MB)

Now, this software would load the .gas file, but it won't connect to my amp - it just says Status: Not Connected.

I have checked in device manager and the USB to COM device is there and is properly installed.

I assume that the 130 is a slightly later version of the 120 that most people are talking about and that it uses the other software. If that is the case, how do I convert your .gas file into a .628 file?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 09:27 AM   #39
kevinherring
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31 330D

ok, after some tinkering, my 130.4 DSP definitely works with the "Mosconi DSP 130.4DSP/ 4to6 / 6to8 / 6to8-V8" software. I could see no way of converting the file to the required .628 so I did it by hand visually. Hopefully the attached should be identical to the "1- MAKKAN RHD ANY VOLUME LISTERNER" in the original post. Again, change the extension from .txt. to .628.

Thanks for the effort, this definitely makes all the difference in my F31.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 1- MAKKAN RHD ANY VOLUME LISTERNER.txt (148.6 KB, 401 views)
Appreciate 1
makkan00885.50
      12-09-2016, 06:06 AM   #40
jazz5000
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 + F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinherring View Post
ok, after some tinkering, my 130.4 DSP definitely works with the "Mosconi DSP 130.4DSP/ 4to6 / 6to8 / 6to8-V8" software. I could see no way of converting the file to the required .628 so I did it by hand visually. Hopefully the attached should be identical to the "1- MAKKAN RHD ANY VOLUME LISTERNER" in the original post. Again, change the extension from .txt. to .628.

Thanks for the effort, this definitely makes all the difference in my F31.

Can confirm was having same issue with my Mosconi D2 100.4 with it crashing. Works fine with this file

Would like to say thanks to Makkan for making these and Kevin for taking the time to update it again

Instant improvement
Appreciate 1
makkan00885.50
      12-11-2017, 05:44 PM   #41
redalex1974
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW serie 1e 87

Hello, Someone Could you give me the distances to adjust the various speakers in our bmw? I have a 3 series f30 sedan and I have to adjust the delays in the dsp aerospace mosconi. Thank you
Appreciate 0