E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Bad experience with LTBMW

05-25-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
Dirnegrey
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Unhappy Bad experience with LTBMW

last month I decided to order a set of M-tech bumper for my E90. Knowing that LTBMW have a good reputation, I have no doubt about Long's quality of work, and service. when I ordered the bumper, I told him that my car have PDC holes, and I want him to cut the diffuser so it will fit my quad exhaust. I paid him on the same day 20th April. on 11th May, I just got the bumper, and found out that there's no Parking Distance Holes in the bumper and he haven't cut the diffuser. I call him right away, but he said he's willing to pay only $20 to drill the holes and he'll send the PDC mounting bracket overnight. UNTIL THIS POINT, I still have NOT gotten any package from him.
      05-25-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Okay so here's how it's gonna go:

First- people are gonna chime in with how LTBMW is the greatest ever so it can do no wrong and that they're sure it will work out.

Then- some people will say that it's understandable and that sometimes there are delays and that it's not the end of the world.

And then- some will say (after accepting it) that every shop will have dissatisfied customers (even though some people are just ignorant of this fact and think that every single shop is supposed to cater them down to the t).

Finally- LTBMW will chime in and explain stuff and work something out and everyone will go "glad things worked out" and "way to go", etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #3
longtran@ltbmw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post

First- people are gonna chime in with how LTBMW is the greatest ever so it can do no wrong and that they're sure it will work out.

Then- some people will say that it's understandable and that sometimes there are delays and that it's not the end of the world.

And then- some will say (after accepting it) that every shop will have dissatisfied customers (even though some people are just ignorant of this fact and think that every single shop is supposed to cater them down to the t).

Finally- LTBMW will chime in and explain stuff and work something out and everyone will go "glad things worked out" and "way to go", etc.

joking aside, Garry I am sorry the PDC holder took so long to come. I took down the order and you never once mention your car have PDC. If it had PDC, your bumper would be order specific to PDC. simply as that. Either way, I am willing to work with you. For the body shop to charge you $40 to drill 4 more holes is crazy. You are paying them to install the bumper anyways. Anyhow, I told you I sent out those PDC holders last week and I did. I told you to call me and let me know status. I heard nothing from you so I assume it was there. I get a call from you yesterday telling me you did not get the PDC holder. I immediately overnight out some PDC today. here is the tracking for you. usps.com EO 976 493 217 US

Last edited by longtran@ltbmw; 05-25-2010 at 11:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2010, 11:48 PM   #4
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

what we've got here is failure to communicate..........
      05-25-2010, 11:50 PM   #5
Dirnegrey
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:

don't get me wrong, everyone know that LTBMW is a good shop.
let me clear my point:

first - The order was totally screwed up, and I'm not bitching about it.
two - he just want to pay $20 to drill the holes, and the body shop that I went to charged me more than that. but I didn't ask him for more money
three - he said he will ship the bracket overnight, and I still not get it until now. (about a week and a half).

so if you're situated in this condition, I bet you will get mad too.
      05-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #6
longtran@ltbmw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirnegrey View Post
let me clear my point:

two - he just want to pay $20 to drill the holes, and the body shop that I went to charged me more than that. but I didn't ask him for more money
three - he said he will ship the bracket overnight, and I still not get it until now. (about a week and a half).

Let me know when you get the pdc holders. I sent 5 in case you mess up.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2010, 11:55 PM   #7
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
let me clear my point:

Oh for sure. I completely understand where you're coming from. Thus I wasn't saying that YOU were being unreasonable. I was just saying that some people think that good customer service is a right when it's not. Good customer is what separates good shops from bad ones. Not every shop is willing to work with the customers when there are problems.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2010, 11:57 PM   #8
Dirnegrey
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran@ltbmw View Post

joking aside, Garry I am sorry the PDC holder took so long to come. I took down the order and you never once mention your car have PDC. If it had PDC, your bumper would be order specific to PDC. simply as that. Either way, I am willing to work with you. For the body shop to charge you $40 to drill 4 more holes is crazy. You are paying them to install the bumper anyways. Anyhow, I told you I sent out those PDC holders last week and I did. I told you to call me and let me know status. I heard nothing from you so I assume it was there. I get a call from you yesterday telling me you did not get the PDC holder. I immediately overnight out some PDC today. here is the tracking for you. usps.com EO 976 493 217 US
thanks Long. I just want to make sure that the shipment is not delay anymore, because I already cancel the appointment with my bodyshop twice because of this PDC bracket.
      05-25-2010, 11:58 PM   #9
Dirnegrey
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Oh for sure. I completely understand where you're coming from. Thus I wasn't saying that YOU were being unreasonable. I was just saying that some people think that good customer service is a right when it's not. Good customer is what separates good shops from bad ones. Not every shop is willing to work with the customers when there are problems.
you're absolutely right..
      05-26-2010, 12:06 AM   #10
Bagelfast
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

LT FTW Customer service pure win.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 12:29 AM   #11
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
thanks Long. I just want to make sure that the shipment is not delay anymore, because I already cancel the appointment with my bodyshop twice because of this PDC bracket.
I thought you said you did it yourself? I really think its very easy to do. all you need is one of these or a 3/4 drill.

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 12:35 AM   #12
khoda355
Captain
Rep
Drives: EG hatch/ E90

whats your paypal? i will send you 20 bux so that there is no hard feeling, i have never ever baught anything from LTBMW but i have talked to them, real cool guys.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 01:44 AM   #13
Dirnegrey
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran View Post
I thought you said you did it yourself? I really think its very easy to do. all you need is one of these or a 3/4 drill.

yeah, I did drill it by myself.. but I'll ask bodyshop to install the bumper..
      05-26-2010, 01:46 AM   #14
Dirnegrey
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoda355 View Post
whats your paypal? i will send you 20 bux so that there is no hard feeling, i have never ever baught anything from LTBMW but i have talked to them, real cool guys.
20 bucks is nothing dude. the point here is the responsibilities, not money. you just don't get it! nvm, I think I'll let mod close this thread.
      05-27-2010, 03:52 AM   #15
XiaoDeeDeee
Banned
Rep
Drives: e95 399is

Well before you two argue about an appropriate remedy, I think it is important to clarify whether the customer actually informed LTBMW of having PDC. Any screenshots of PMs or emails for proof on either side?

Quote:
last month I decided to order a set of M-tech bumper for my E90. Knowing that LTBMW have a good reputation, I have no doubt about Long's quality of work, and service. when I ordered the bumper, I told him that my car have PDC holes, and I want him to cut the diffuser so it will fit my quad exhaust. I paid him on the same day 20th April. on 11th May, I just got the bumper, and found out that there's no Parking Distance Holes in the bumper and he haven't cut the diffuser. I call him right away, but he said he's willing to pay only $20 to drill the holes and he'll send the PDC mounting bracket overnight. UNTIL THIS POINT, I still have NOT gotten any package from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran@ltbmw View Post
...Garry I am sorry the PDC holder took so long to come. I took down the order and you never once mention your car have PDC. If it had PDC, your bumper would be order specific to PDC. simply as that. Either way, I am willing to work with you. For the body shop to charge you $40 to drill 4 more holes is crazy. You are paying them to install the bumper anyways. Anyhow, I told you I sent out those PDC holders last week and I did. I told you to call me and let me know status. I heard nothing from you so I assume it was there. I get a call from you yesterday telling me you did not get the PDC holder. I immediately overnight out some PDC today. here is the tracking for you. usps.com EO 976 493 217 US

Quote:

Haha that's how it usually goes, but since you exposed it, you ruined the trend. But it's great that LT always swoops in to resolve the issue. Can't say the same for other vendors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LUMI335 View Post
LT FTW Customer service pure win.
Thank you for proving my point...did you even read the thread? Leaving it to the customer to drill it himself...that is pure win? Not exactly a fail either, but at best it's a compromise.

LTBMW is awesome, I agree wholeheartedly. But this blind devotion is getting ridiculous.

Last edited by XiaoDeeDeee; 05-27-2010 at 04:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 08:28 AM   #16
Hedges
Major General
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG

LT will take care of you!
Appreciate 0