E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Japan F1

10-13-2008, 07:07 AM   #23
jjbirch
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List

get bit a 3:29 when massa passes webber inside of the white whites should be banned from the race
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 07:14 AM   #24
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanJT View Post
Which is a standard defensive move on the part of Webber. By Carlos' own example "if that had been a brick wall he'd of trashed his car". So why did Massa do it?

The fact is that Massa crossed the solid white line on the exit of the pit lane... In fact he crossed the chevrons PRIOR to the pit lane if you watch it back, which is bloody dangerous in my mind. In fact the race stewards elsewhere agree as Alonso got a €10,000 fine for doing exactly that earlier in the year. But again, because this is a Ferrari... it's acceptable racing!

As for the first corner: I can't even remember the number of times I've seen Schumacher cut people up on the first corner and when was he ever given a penalty?

I've had it with F1 now, sorry but there is just too much inconsistency now. I've been a fan since the late seventies and always loved the sport, but this isn't about sport anymore it's about cultivating viewing figures. Christ if I want to watch a manufactured "entertainmet show" I'll have a labotomy and watch X-Factor!
Agreed on it being very dangerous - my heart was in my mouth. I really do think though that he had no other choice once he'd made the decision to overtake on the right. He was already at the limit of the lines when overtaking when Weber moved over on him - his only other option would have been to have braked. This could have also caused an accident if either car would have touched.

In hindsight - he should have just overtaken on the left.
      10-13-2008, 08:00 AM   #25
NathanJT
Techie Geek
England
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport Manual

Quote:
He was already at the limit of the lines when overtaking when Weber moved over on him
Something which, as an F1 racing driver and therefore the best of the best, he should of comprehended before he even started the move. Sorry, "having no option" simply doesn't cut it. What next, a dipping into the pit lane exit and then back onto the straight at the last second in a "ha ha fooled ya" move?

What makes me most annoyed is that my heart says this is all an over-reaction, with reference to the FIA favouring Ferrari. But then you add in the penalty Boudais received an I'm back to thinking "WTF?" was that REALLY just to give Massa an extra point? Because I sure as hell can't see any other reason for it OR for that matter a precedent to indicate they should of penalised him.
      10-13-2008, 09:06 AM   #26
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:

What makes me most annoyed is that my heart says this is all an over-reaction, with reference to the FIA favouring Ferrari. But then you add in the penalty Boudais received an I'm back to thinking "WTF?" was that REALLY just to give Massa an extra point? Because I sure as hell can't see any other reason for it OR for that matter a precedent to indicate they should of penalised him.

I feel exactly the same way and I support Ferrari!
      10-13-2008, 10:10 AM   #27
Cafe.Racer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d Touring

Quote:
But then you add in the penalty Boudais received an I'm back to thinking "WTF?" was that REALLY just to give Massa an extra point? Because I sure as hell can't see any other reason for it OR for that matter a precedent to indicate they should of penalised him.
I couldn't agree more. I think the ruling on this incident seems the most telling of them all. I watched the highlights and was surprised to hear that their would be a review after the race. In hindsight it would be easy to suggest that this was so they could see where Massa finished before coming up with an award. Sorry, I mean penalty.

I mean, there is an incident in whch Hamilton spins after being touched by a car that had to drive off the course to do so. His right hand wheel were on the curb of a left hand corner (I think), so he wasn't officially off the circuit, but COME ON. Hamilton then loses god knows how many positions? 14? Was he awarded points as a result?

Massa turns in on somebody who is racing for position, is on the line and he could see coming out the the pits, and he gets awarded a point! From earlier racing, other (better?) drivers were able to overtake on the outside of that bend without incident, if not on the way through the next one.

Hamilton admitted the first corner was a bit of a mistake, Heikkonen even said that Hamilton didn't force him off the track, it was whoever followed through behind. I think he said he was surprised at the ruling. During the race, they were talking about "first corner racing".

P.S. I notice the youtube vids are "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Formula One Management "

pfffttt - destroying the evidence if you ask me...

P.P.S

Look at the Ferrari Team's actions when Hamilton is spun!!!
      10-13-2008, 10:39 AM   #28
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe.Racer View Post
P.P.S

Look at the Ferrari Team's actions when Hamilton is spun!!!
Exactly the same as my reaction!!
      10-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #29
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Not watched the links, dont need to.

My reaction was of sheer joy when hamilton was spun round.

In reality massa would have been better off not taking him out. Lewis tyeres were shot massa would have passed scored more points (due to no penalty) and lewis would have had to pit early and lose timeanyhow due to the mullered tyres.
      10-13-2008, 01:43 PM   #30
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post

My reaction was of sheer joy when hamilton was spun round.
I know I was pro Hamilton with the 'Chicanecuttingate' saga but I am not fan and not asking this to start a fight with you, but what is your beef with Hamilton Carlos?

PS I thought he was an idiot to go in as deep as he did on the first corner but I see this as a 'racing incident'. He wasn't the first to do this and he won't be the last. I don't see it as a need for a penalty as this will make other drivers think twice in going for a borderline overtake. As F1 want to see more overtaking then this will be self defeating in the long run.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #31
spandeli
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 320D M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Paul - View Post
Exactly the same as my reaction!!

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #32
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerarsr View Post
I know I was pro Hamilton with the 'Chicanecuttingate' saga but I am not fan and not asking this to start a fight with you, but what is your beef with Hamilton Carlos?

PS I thought he was an idiot to go in as deep as he did on the first corner but I see this as a 'racing incident'. He wasn't the first to do this and he won't be the last. I don't see it as a need for a penalty as this will make other drivers think twice in going for a borderline overtake. As F1 want to see more overtaking then this will be self defeating in the long run.
I will PM you.

He contradicts himself and makes himself look a fool.

''I dont get overtaken around the outside'' then massa passes him on the outside at hungary. PMSL.

''I have learnt my mistakes from last year, im calm and cool'' then cocks up into the first corner. He is not driving like a world championship contender, He is driving erratically and immaturely.

Kimi raikonnen, kubica and alonso drove very good races.

Lewis and Massa both drove like amatuers at the weekend.
      10-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #33
jjbirch
Banned
Rep

Garage List
its a lot of pressure on your shoulders when the whole world is watching, end of the day your only human, with the driving aids taken out things are going to happen,
saying things like this makes you sound like a little boy
My reaction was of sheer joy when hamilton was spun round
nobody dosnt want a top driver sent to the back of the pack,
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #34
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
How old is Lewis Hamilton?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 03:01 PM   #35
jjbirch
Banned
Rep

Garage List
born on 7 January 1985 MAKES HIM 23
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #36
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbirch View Post
born on 7 January 1985 MAKES HIM 23
He ain't doing too bad for 23.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #37
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hamilton said after the race, 'I have put this race behind me, I have forgotten it already!'. Should he not have said 'I have learned from my actions and others and will learn from it for the next race'

He is a talent but Ron needs to reign him in otherwise three to five years later he still will not be an F1 champion.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 03:07 PM   #38
jjbirch
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerarsr View Post
Hamilton said after the race, 'I have put this race behind me, I have forgotten it already!'. Should he not have said 'I have learned from my actions and others and will learn from it for the next race'

He is a talent but Ron needs to reign him in otherwise three to five years later he still will not be an F1 champion.
yes but he did say he had a bad race and holds his hands up, which makes him a champ, nobody goes to a race aiming to finish 2nd or 3rd
winning winning dosnt matter if you win by a inch or a mile everybody knows that lol
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 03:11 PM   #39
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
I'm supporting Hamilton...but sad to see another foolish mistake AGAIN!!!
Plus he made too many bold statements like "I'm as good as Senna, MS...etc"....and ''I dont get overtaken around the outside'' ....that just made people think he's arrogant and cocky...

He kept making mistakes and kept saying "i will learn from this mistake and move on..."...but he never learns and kept repeating them....he learned from Shanghai last year that he did not have to fight with Kimi Raikkonen because he only needs 4 points to secure the championship....but no...he fought with him with worn and shot Intermediate wet tires...and that contributed to no grip when he turned into the pitlane and retired.....
      10-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #40
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Ron Dennis gotta Hamilton at the back of his head/helmet and remind him to race calm and show that you're a leading World Champion now.....stop making amatuar mistake like Japan we just saw, Canada earlier this year, and Shanghai last year.....
      10-13-2008, 03:43 PM   #41
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 04:17 PM   #42
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #43
alcook
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP Convertible

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 05:41 AM   #44
jjbirch
Banned
Rep

Garage List
just like to add i watched f1 this morning and lewis drove like he should, not happy about what kimi done, driver orders are ok but not team orders, if you bet on this race like a 1,2 place you would be pissed off, but what really pissed me off was all the breaks, glad when it moves to BBC
Appreciate 0