E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Finding someone to detail your car

04-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
jyoocp
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i JB

Finding someone to detail your car

Where can I find somebody to detail my car?? and how much is it average?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
troye
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Black E93

there is no average
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
dday
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 335 M-Sport

Where do you live? Depending on what you want done expect to pay between $200-600
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #4
rice4u
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

depends on what you mean by "detail"

washing, and vacuum the interior thats about 40$ or 15$ at a cheap-not-trusty-looking place.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 08:41 PM   #5
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice4u View Post
depends on what you mean by "detail"

washing, and vacuum the interior thats about 40$ or 15$ at a cheap-not-trusty-looking place.
Exactly.

Reading material:

How to choose a professional detailer: http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...onal-detailer/

The difference a true professional can make: http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...iler-can-make/
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 06:08 AM   #6
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

It may well be in your best interest to talk to a detailer who has proven track record of satisfied customers as well as the relevant insurances, and someone offering a lower quote might not.

Request a reputable detailer’s name (s) on one of the detailing forums. Once you’ve selected a detailer be specific about what services you require (i.e. full vehicle detail, exterior paint renovation, interior detailing, etc) It requires an exchange of information between the consumer and the shop so that the extent of each detail and the estimated cost, a vehicle drop-off and collection time are clearly established before work commences.

A successful outcome will rely on good communication between you and the chosen professional. You want someone that makes you feel at ease with the process, someone that you can easily trust. They should be able to answer your questions in simple easy to understand terms, not techno speak, so that you understand what needs to be done, and the benefits.

Listen to their suggestions. The more that things can be explained and agreed upon, the more at ease that they can make you feel, and the more confident that you can be in their ability to meet or exceed your expectations.

An accurate estimate can only be given when the professional is able to see the vehicle and ascertain your expectations, a phone-quote can only be a ball-park figure. Many professionals will need 10+ hours of work to transform your vehicle back to like-new condition

{Knowledge Management} - Treating experience as a shared asset. If this article was informative and you learned something new, or have any questions feel free to comment. We would love if you shared this article with your friends on Twitter or linked to it from your website.

Thanks

Also see TOGWT® Blog for constantly updated detailing information http: //TOGWT® 1980.blogspot.com
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 06:28 AM   #7
SPEED & TECH MOTORING
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 aw/fr M-THREE

a decent detail will run you 250 to about 1k for full paint correction.
It all depends on what you are looking to get done. A rinse and vacum from some places will run you about 30$ - but you get what you pay for.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 02:40 AM   #8
jyoocp
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i JB

ahh hmm i just want no more swirls thats all my cars full of them and some interior work would be nice can i get all that with $200?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 04:36 AM   #9
waqastariq
Rep
Drives: Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoocp View Post
You should try professional detailing services of DetailXperts, they are the best at what they do and might have a franchise in your area, check out there website if they do.

As for the cost there is no sure shot way of telling that, it all depends on the kind of service you want and what you want to be detailed, call DetailXperts if you need an exact price idea.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 10:14 AM   #10
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Since your sig says Westwood I assume UCLA west side LA. Try to get ahold of Eric at Envious and see when he'll be in that area. Do you have a place to have it done IE covered garage area/carport? His contact info is 714-356-5145 or enviousdetailing@gamil.com. He's usually booked out a few weeks as he's good and busy. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 12:44 AM   #11
drew4392
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Since your sig says Westwood I assume UCLA west side LA. Try to get ahold of Eric at Envious and see when he'll be in that area. Do you have a place to have it done IE covered garage area/carport? His contact info is 714-356-5145 or enviousdetailing@gamil.com. He's usually booked out a few weeks as he's good and busy. Good luck.
+1 for Eric. Amazingggg work. Totally worth the $$. If you are serious about your paint, and you want it corrected (not covered up), call him. Then, if you maintain it properly, you'll be fine in the future with a wax every couple months.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 01:10 AM   #12
crzylildude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoocp View Post
bring it to LTBMW or bring it to Santa Monica BMW they have full detailing $$$
Appreciate 0