E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E92 xenon auto - leveling beam height problem

06-03-2012, 05:46 AM   #1
stratos_335
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

E92 xenon auto - leveling beam height problem

Hi all,

The last few days I noticed that the drivers at the opposite side of the road were getting annoyed with me.

My front light beam height is way off and shoots very high.

It looks like that the auto-leveling is not working any more.

Of course, I can manually adjust the beam height but wtf, this is not my old E36.

How can I fix it? Have the leveling sensors failed? How can I fix it?

Here are some pics.

Beam height at highway:

Beam height with car stopped. At 100 meters the beam height is way off the first floor of a building:

06-04-2012, 04:16 AM   #2
DJ Apex
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Drivers side rear lower control arm is the Auto leveling unit it looks like a servo from a RC car its got a plastic arm and a metal bracket that has a bolt that runs in the center of it when its tight the bolt opes up two thin peices of metal and holds it in place. Well over time and shitty roads the bolt no longer holds it on to the control arm and it come undone and drags off the control arm witch is telling your head lights to level up. thinking its decompressing. i just used a zip tie to hold mine on since the bolt was not holding on the control arm ... ill get a video so u can see what im talking about cause i dont explain well lol
Appreciate 0