E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 328i switches off of comfort mode and won't switch back.

04-19-2024, 06:30 PM   #1
julezz
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i

328i switches off of comfort mode and won't switch back.

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on Bimmerpost so I apologize if I get some things wrong. I’ve been driving my 2011 328i for a couple months now and have been looking in to the sports mode feature. However! I discovered that after driving down the block the sports mode feature automatically switches back to comfort and I can’t re-activate it until I stop the car and turn it off and start it again (which would then only last me another block). I did some researching through forums and I discovered a couple things:

1) it could be the TPMs sensors or that my tires are inflated to the incorrect PSI. (TPM sensors still work and my tires are set to the correct PSI).

2) if you have any error code it will not allow you to go into sports mode or will switch you to comfort mode after a bit. (Also not the problem).

3) it could be a disconnected wire underneath the transmission since that seems to also be a common issue and one that seems to be everyone’s “fix”. (Spent an hour poking around trying to see if I can find any torn or missing wires… no
Bueno.)

So I’ve tried a fair share of things, I checked the codes and it says there are no errors.

I’ve tried to inflate my fires to the correct PSI.

I’ve tried to check for wires that are broken or pulled out.

The only issues I have as of right now(and I’m not sure why my code reader won’t detect them)

1) my footwell module may be broken(?) I’ve tried to code some stuff with the footwell module through Bimmercode however any time I attempt to even look into that section of coding I’m greeted with a message that says “critical error detected please visit blah blah blah”

2) my back left window, if automatically closed, will open back up halfway

But would that have anything to do with my sports mode issue?

Please reach out if you also have the same issue or have an idea on how to resolve it.

Best regards!
Appreciate 0