E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > looking for a new reasonably priced jbl ms8

05-09-2017, 10:35 AM   #1
rosser027
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90 325i

Question looking for a new reasonably priced jbl ms8

hey guys so i know the ms8 is like around 600$ which isn't really that bad but im kinda deal hunting so, anybody got any good links, good deals goin on right now for it??? and fyi if it helps im in the usa, Pennsylvania
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 12:26 PM   #2
billybarty
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

I bought an MS-8 and was going to install it, but there was an issue with sourcing the harness. I ended up returning the MS-8 and buying a JBL MS-2, which installs in-line between my ipod or bluetooth adapter and the aux-in port in the console.

The MS-2 works remarkably well (once it has been calibrated, which took some time). It also can be bought right now on ebay for about $30 new (though I paid much more for mine back in the day).

The difference in sound clarity and frequency response between stock and with the MS-2 on is incredible.

It may sound too good to be true, but my experience has been great.
Appreciate 0