E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Upgraded exhaust on an auto?

10-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
07E92TT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 C63

Upgraded exhaust on an auto?

Hey guys, was thinking of getting the dinan exhaust and I was wondering what your opinions were on automatic cars with exhaust, do you think they sound stupid when driving by or do you think its perfectly fine and sounds great? Just need opinions, thanks!
      10-27-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

I run a custom made magnaflow exhaust on my auto. It can drone a little around 2k but as long as you leave it in DS its pretty non-intrusive. People that have been in my car didn't notice it was aftermarket.

I think getting a dinan exhaust is a stupid idea though. You should check out other products available.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post

I think getting a dinan exhaust is a stupid idea though. You should check out other products available.
+ a lot.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 11:33 PM   #4
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07E92TT View Post
Hey guys, was thinking of getting the dinan exhaust and I was wondering what your opinions were on automatic cars with exhaust, do you think they sound stupid when driving by or do you think its perfectly fine and sounds great? Just need opinions, thanks!
I have had Eisenmann Race, Bastuck Quads, and now running Vanguard.

About the damn drone in AT...you will have drone no matter what BUT Bastuck drone isn't so noticible that most people don't even realize that it exsist. For the Eisenmann, drone drove me nuts! LOL Sound is pretty sick.
Vanguard, it's got drone but it's more tolerable compare to Eisenmann I had. This exhaust is very well built, and it's full exhaust not just section 3 like Eisenmann or Bastuck. Sound is pure sex, nice...deep, loud enough to make people turn their head. I never dyno'ed my car and probably never will so I am not so sure about performance gain but can't be worth than stock with aftermarket sec 3 IMO. Vanguard PM LTBMW since they are the authorized dealer now.
Appreciate 0