E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Dealer damaged my car - Thoughts

09-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #45
DetectiveLoki
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by psubmw View Post
If your response is to me, yes, they did a walk around. Yes I signed the form that said that nothing was wrong. I did not drive home, but I did drive off the lot. I got a quarter mile down the road, saw the mark, and immediately returned to the dealership.
Yes, use that as your proof that it was their fault after you picked up the car since there was nothing wrong w/ it when they did the inspection.

P.S. I didn't realized you already solved the problem.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #46
Astephens94
Slightly modified...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feli_330i View Post
Hello,

I have a situation with the dealer and I was wondering if this had happen to any of you before and how did you go about it?

I just bought an 08' E92 335i (AW), got it two months ago. Last week it when into limp mode, so I took it to the dealer. Low pressure fuel pump was the problem and it was replaced, besides that the car was in perfect condition. So when I go pick up the car that afternoon, as I was waiting outside for the car I see a guy get into the car and drive towards the back of the building. I though he was going to get the car washed, it took him like 10 minutes to come back, as he got off the car he kept looking at the right side of the car and was kind of nervous. The car was not washed and he said that the machine was broken. At the time I didnt really give it too much attention and got in the car and left. As I get onto the highway I immediately notice that the car is pulling right and that the steering wheel is crooked. I think about it for a couple of minutes and decide to turn around and go back to the dealer. It was too late and they had already closed the service department. So I go home and write an email to my Service Advisor stating the problem. While at home I start to inspect the vehicle for any signs on curb scratches on the wheels thinking that someone had hit a curb or something, so I find that my front spoiler (m-tech) is scratched on the right side, so at this point i'm 100% that someone hit something, scratched the spoiler and threw off the alinement.

I take it to the dealer first thing the next day, show my service advisor what i found and told him the story about the kid that was delivering the car to me that afternoon. They checked the car and now they find that not only the front spoiler is scratched but the right side skirt is also scratched and other multiple scratches underneath the car from the front all the way to the back and also the front right wheel is bent.

So I'm super pissed at this point, talked to the service manager and the guy is being a complete douche and at some point implying that I'm lying. In other words they are giving me a hard time accepting responsibility for the damage on the car. I'm completely sure that the car was fine when I dropped it off and that this happened at the dealer; not necessarily the kid that was driving it or someone else there, but it is very suspicious that he took the car to the back knowing that the car wash machine was broken and that he took so long. Service Manager said that he was going to further investigate what happened, but I think he really doesn't want to do anything for me.

What should I do? How should I handle this? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for reading my long and sad post.

EDIT: Dealer is Pembroke Pines BMW in FL

I would file a claim with BMW north America and see what happens. If the dealer still refuses to do anything about it tell them you are writing an extensive review on this forum and that you will be sending some of their business elsewhere.

And, since I am feeling particularly angry this evening, you should take a brick and ruin every single car in their lot

Legal disclaimer - none of my words are meant to be taken seriously, and at no point should you go to a dealer and purposely harm any of their property. Even if it would make you feel justice was served in some back handed way

Hope it all works out.