E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Preview: Lux Angel Eyes for LCI Halogen (They're back!!)

05-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #23
flynhi2008
Canada
Rep
Drives: E91XI Touring

Also anyone familiar with hid conversion kits for my halogen low beams. I'm looking between lex(not lux) hid technologies and litech brands. I want a good quality brand within the 6-6500k range.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #24
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynhi2008 View Post
Also anyone familiar with hid conversion kits for my halogen low beams. I'm looking between lex(not lux) hid technologies and litech brands. I want a good quality brand within the 6-6500k range.
Lci = BMW E90 (sedan) models that are 2009+ - LCI basically refers to the face-lifted. It has nothing to do with LED

You're going to get a lot of hate if you intend to put HID kit into halogen housing. Read on the website about a few people who asked about it and you'll get the idea. It's generally not recommended. If you want to go that route, best is to do a complete halogen to xenon conversion.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #25
flynhi2008
Canada
Rep
Drives: E91XI Touring

I read the posts with the guy from india...I don't want to just get light for the astetics but for what it is mean for. So what would my options be to go to a halogen xenon conversion? Do you have any suggestions. What would the cost be? I would be interested to see your light set up as you ha offered if you are available. I'm new to the forum and to this subject do could use all the feedback I can get. You've been a lot of help so far.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #26
2SMOOOV
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
So to clarify, the LCIs will work for me...I have a 2009 328i 4door sedan with Valero Halogen light...please confirm.
      10-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #27
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SMOOOV View Post
So to clarify, the LCIs will work for me...I have a 2009 328i 4door sedan with Valero Halogen light...please confirm.
Yes, the will work for you. I have the same ones.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #28
StevenMiami
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 Black Sapphire E93

Sorry if this is dumb but are they bright enough to use as DRLs?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #29
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenMiami View Post
Sorry if this is dumb but are they bright enough to use as DRLs?
I would not recommend these as DRL Lights still. They are much brighter then the stock angel eyes, but they would not meet legal requirements.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #30
bizdevreddy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90

Smile Halogen AE

Guys,

I have a 2009 E90 with the regular halogens i.e w/o xenon's. I do not want to convert to xenon's, I simply want to upgrade to Lux AE's from stock AE yellow ones I have now.

Does it matter who the headlight manufacturer is to have the Lux Halogen AE? Which one should I get?

Also, LUX... on the website I could not find the installation guide/video on DIY for the AE's.. Where can I find it, are there videos?

Thanks in advance guys
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #31
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizdevreddy View Post
Guys,

I have a 2009 E90 with the regular halogens i.e w/o xenon's. I do not want to convert to xenon's, I simply want to upgrade to Lux AE's from stock AE yellow ones I have now.

Does it matter who the headlight manufacturer is to have the Lux Halogen AE? Which one should I get?

Also, LUX... on the website I could not find the installation guide/video on DIY for the AE's.. Where can I find it, are there videos?

Thanks in advance guys

We have a full install guide listed there, just no video for it. Check again for these. If you are in the USA there is only 1 manufacturer for the lights and you can purchase the LUX E90 LCI Halogen lights. If for any reason there is an issue with them we can always get things corrected for you
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2016, 09:07 PM   #32
ryan328xi
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011328i xDrive, 2012 x5 35i

Talking Halos

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
UPDATE TO THE FIRST POST - Update: Feb 27 2012

After the initial installation of the passenger side, I kind of came to a stand still as I had no idea how to install the drivers side. There is absolutely no way to access the AE from the top. After doing a lot of reading and asking around, I realized the only option is to go through the wheel fender. Problems I ran into: Did not have the right jack! Or the 8mm and 10mm sockets that I needed. Hence I had to wait a full week to install them due to working 14 hours a day, every day!

Driver's side installation:

If you're doing it for the first time, it's not an easy task due to which I would give it a 9 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the hardest. For anyone who needs to know how this is done, here's what I did:

Tools required:
- 8mm and 10 mm socket
- 17 mm wrench

1) READ Lux Angel eye guide for pre-lci. Mark does a really good job in explaining how to open the wheel fender, with all the screws marked. I did note that I had to take 2 additional 8mm bolts out from the bottom, but you'll be able to find them easily.

2) I used a jack to lift the car up. Note: I first tried to take the wheel off but for some reason even after taking off all the lugs, the wheel just didn't want to come off, like it was frozen So I turned the wheel fully out, jacked it up and realized that there is more than enough space to access all the bolts. Just be careful with it. Have a proper and secure jack!

3) After loosening all the nuts, I started to pull on the fender to see how to take it off. Mark's guide again (for pre-lci) explains how to do it so make sure to read that. Take note of how you took it off so you can put it back on in the same manner. Use passenger side for reference.

4) Once the fender was out, the rest of the process was easy. I did use some help, as it was hard to see the stock AE screw on the inside. Just guide the person going through the fender while viewing it from the top.

5) Follow Mark's LCI Halogen guide for installing the unit itself which is fairly easy. Also both units are exactly the same so it doesn't matter which one you plug on which side.

Here are a few more pictures I took today:

Early evening, not facing the sun directly:

Attachment 650531

Attachment 650532

Attachment 650533

Facing the setting sun directly:

Attachment 650534

Night:

Attachment 650535

Attachment 650536

OVERALL CONCLUSION

LOVE the new look. I didn't change the yellow low beams to white and honestly, it doesn't look bad! During the day though, I like the white AEs!

How did you get just the halo lights on?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 10:51 PM   #33
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan328xi View Post
How did you get just the halo lights on?
Coding
Appreciate 0