E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Problem, Please Advise!

12-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
335(EX)(EYE)
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 n54 & n55 / e46 330ci DD

Problem, Please Advise!

Hello,

I drive a 2008 335XI sedan. I am getting the kw's soon but i have a problem.
I put 15mm wheel spacers on my stock 17" rims last week and i noticed that the rear right wheel the car looks slightly lower then the left rear right wheel. I keep getting different measurements from ground to the quarter panel so i dont know whats going on. I dont know if im just noticing it because the wheel spacers are bringing the wheels out and now im just noticing it maybe its been there for a while? I DONT KNOW! i want to get the kws installed but not with the rear right of the car apparently sitting a bit low! What could this be? any thoughts would be very much appreciated,

If i took it to the stealershipf or them to look at it should i remove the wheel spacers i just put on?

Thanks everybody,

Regards,
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
Hey Ant
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

BMW designed the passenger side to always be lower than the driver side, until you sit inside and drive, the ride height will almost balance out depending how fat you are.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #3
ibo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 BSM 335xi e90 LCI M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ant View Post
BMW designed the passenger side to always be lower than the driver side, until you sit inside and drive, the ride height will almost balance out depending how fat you are.
Not sure if serious... (seriously wondering)
COBB Stage 2+ | Alpina B3 TCU Flash | ER FMIC & CP | Tial Q | Injen CAI | VRSF DP | BMS OCC | KW V3 | M3 Rear SFB / Sway Bar / Susp Bits / Strut Brace | Megan Racing Toe Arms | HPA Swaybar Endlinks | Apex EC-7 | Michelin PSS | MH 75mm Stud Conv | OEM Perf Grills and Diffuser | Exotics Tuning Front Lip | LUX H8 | Luminics Krypton JDM Yellow | LLumar 35%
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
Hey Ant
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibo View Post
Not sure if serious... (seriously wondering)
I'm not sure either.

Last edited by Hey Ant; 12-16-2011 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #5
335(EX)(EYE)
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 n54 & n55 / e46 330ci DD

hahah, yeah right. I guess BMW in Deutschland really thinks all americans are in the category of (super obese) . I am getting my interior wrapped tuesday and then next wednesday my baby is going into the stealership to get a checkup on this issue. I have 15mm spacers on so im definitely taking those off. please even though im taking it in if anybody knows whats up chime in at anytime.

This dude i grew up with works at the stealership and i requested for him to look in my car due to a few mods. Hopefully our old (friendship) will put me on the good side of not getting flagged but you know how stealerships are its almost like they are a cult they brain wash there employees well most of them into being 8====> 's
note- i dont know if it will even help knowing him cuz the service manager and i got into a screaming arguement a few weeks ago about a promise that the stealership made to me and decided to take it back. long story short i got what i wanted but i know that MOTHER @#$%^ will try and get back at me somehow!
Appreciate 0