E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > 2012 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

11-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #111
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
If it wasn't Button hold off Vettel several laps, the finger boy will be breathing down Alonso's neck!! Fresher Soft tires and a faster car.

Although a bit clumsy and a bit lack of patience when he going through the pack. Lost a bit of cool during the first safety car. It was a fantastic come back and salvage from a disaster Saturday. And keeping his championship lead of 10 points.

I'm not a Vettel or Alonso fan. But man, they drove a great season!!!
Alonso brought a piece of shit car to championship hunt, and Vettel had faith with the development and make the most when he got an advantage.

Hates gotta hate, but you just cannot ignore the fact that Alonso drove a great season, and Vettel did a fantastic recovery today.

Well said. Vettel was a bit clumsy in the beginning, but his recovery drive was brilliant. He exploited whatever bits of luck that came his way, and charged through the field.

At the same time, Alonso managed to wring every bit of performance out of that useless Ferrari to get himself on the podium, and even have a few attempts at Raikkonen.

Man, have I missed seeing Kimi on the top step. He never ceases to amaze or entertain, in his own unique way. Not sure why Vettel swore, though - seemed unnecessary and very unlike him; perhaps it was a bit of frustration coming through.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #112
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

Kimi delivered; I think he did a bit of it tongue in cheek (kind of like the Iceman giving away ice cream the other day when the race was delayed for a while), but hilarious non the less.

I won't quote or anything, but keeping in the Vettel comments: I think that what doesn't convince us is the fact that he is so young and sometimes looks immature. The same applies sometimes, or most of the time, to Hamilton. Speaking of which (can of worms: open up), I loved Hamilton's fake PR crap: Oh, I see debris, they should clean that up, someone could get a puncture!
He likes to come up with lines like that when he is behind the safety car.

Back to Vettel, it's things like pouring champagne on DC's head while he is trying to be super professional during the podium (first time he did this new thing, right?), or changing his freaking Helmet design every race (seriously, donate the cash to charity or something) that make such an impression on us. We see a boy that casually jumps into a car and goes really fast, when our minds want to hand out the super world champion title to a man.
Don't get me wrong, though, we all have favourites and things like this can be argued until the cows come home. That's just sports.
p.s. I'll be in Austin, turn 12.
p.p.s. I'm already in denial about the season being almost over, and more so about Schumacher retiring.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #113
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo M3 View Post
Well said. Vettel was a bit clumsy in the beginning, but his recovery drive was brilliant. He exploited whatever bits of luck that came his way, and charged through the field.

At the same time, Alonso managed to wring every bit of performance out of that useless Ferrari to get himself on the podium, and even have a few attempts at Raikkonen.

Man, have I missed seeing Kimi on the top step. He never ceases to amaze or entertain, in his own unique way. Not sure why Vettel swore, though - seemed unnecessary and very unlike him; perhaps it was a bit of frustration coming through.
I don't know. I think if anything it was more relief than frustration. To come away from a potentially disastrous weekend like that still in front of Alonso is a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post
Kimi delivered; I think he did a bit of it tongue in cheek (kind of like the Iceman giving away ice cream the other day when the race was delayed for a while), but hilarious non the less.

I won't quote or anything, but keeping in the Vettel comments: I think that what doesn't convince us is the fact that he is so young and sometimes looks immature. The same applies sometimes, or most of the time, to Hamilton. Speaking of which (can of worms: open up), I loved Hamilton's fake PR crap: Oh, I see debris, they should clean that up, someone could get a puncture!
He likes to come up with lines like that when he is behind the safety car.

Back to Vettel, it's things like pouring champagne on DC's head while he is trying to be super professional during the podium (first time he did this new thing, right?), or changing his freaking Helmet design every race (seriously, donate the cash to charity or something) that make such an impression on us. We see a boy that casually jumps into a car and goes really fast, when our minds want to hand out the super world champion title to a man.
Don't get me wrong, though, we all have favourites and things like this can be argued until the cows come home. That's just sports.
p.s. I'll be in Austin, turn 12.
p.p.s. I'm already in denial about the season being almost over, and more so about Schumacher retiring.
He poured champagne on Eddie Jordan before too. I don't think it's that big of a deal to be honest. An article I read once described him as the village idiot, which I think is pretty fitting. But I just don't see why many people seem to despise him so much. He may come off as cocky, but I'd never say he's a bad guy.

Everyone seems to forget that his first win was in a Toro Rosso... hardly a championship car.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 03:54 AM   #114
Nang Vann
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, R35 GT-R

10 points in it, can't wait till next race for sure. Mite have to visit this track on F1 2012 on Playstation 3
      11-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #115
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
Incredible race all around. Kimi's radio messages had me in tears along with him and Seb having a swearing contest on the podium. Seb's drive from the pitlane to 3rd was amazing as well.

Webber was driving like a dick, Maldonado 2.0 at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Everyone seems to forget that his first win was in a Toro Rosso... hardly a championship car.
The thing about that is the Toro Rosso that year was actually as good as, if not better than the Red Bull that year. They were essentially the same car designed by Newey, but the Ferrari engine was more reliable and better overall that year. After that they changed the rules so things like Newey overseeing the car on two teams couldn't happen anymore.
      11-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #116
Koop
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E34 M5

What a fantastic race that was. Wow.

I've been waiting for Kimi to win all year...finally he was able to pull it together.

Seb's drive was pretty incredible, regardless of his help from the Safety Cars.

The radio messages and podium were hilarious. DC was clearly seething when Seb poured the 'champagne' over his head. Good stuff.

On to Austin!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #117
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
If it was Alonso or Hamilton coming from the back of the race to get a podium, everyone will say how incredible they are. When it's SV, oh it was all car. Give me a break.

You don't win 2 (potentially 3) WC while completely dominating your teammate by just pure luck.

Having said that, I was really happy to see the Iceman win.

Who else is going to Austin in 2 weeks?
Where do you get completely dominating his teammate? Has out performed yes I agree
      11-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #118
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
Where do you get completely dominating his teammate? Has out performed yes I agree
Maybe that's a little harsh, this is not Alonso vs Massa, but at the end of the day, look who has more records, WC, pole, ect... over the past 3 years.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 07:15 AM   #119
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
New background on my phone:

11-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #120
Boostin FD
Bored all the time
United_States
Rep
Drives: Batmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
New background on my phone:

That's nice... Black background would have been better
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #121
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

I think that background is great.
      11-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #122
ChrisAW
Rear Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I think that background is great.
It would be really great for someone to upload it as just a background image so we could all use it!
      11-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #123
ChrisAW
Rear Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I'll correct my own ineptitude.

11-07-2012, 01:58 AM   #124
LeeNguyen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335 . E90 325

��
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #125
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep

are the ?? because it's a red bull (or so it seems?)
??
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #126
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep

got this by text today lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0