E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Problem: SOS / Audio System Malfunction

07-15-2008, 08:11 AM   #1
amazzzin
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Problem: SOS / Audio System Malfunction

Car is in for service now, awaiting word to hear what has to be done.

Pretty much. I was driving home, car has about 10,6xx miles on it... I had music playing my normal level, when out of no where the audio just stops. The song (cd) continues counting the mins... away but no audio. I stopped pulled over..... turn of car/turn back on..... still no good.

I get SOS: Malfunction. I try fcking around with the SOS button nutting. I continue to drive home... half way home knocks back in and sound works again... (!) is gone.

I haven't had the error since yesterday... sound worked this morning when dropping it off, but I wanted to get the problem checked out. I saw a few forum threads on this, so I will report back with a answer... hopefully. '

As of now, I miss my car!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 06:08 AM   #2
amazzzin
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Day 2!

So yesterday..... I dropped it off at 7AM. I had no problem waiting or waiting for an update when I was told... I would get one. Just pure bullshit lies. I had to physically go down there and find my SA and get an update. It's not the usual guy I use so....

He told.. "We are currently waiting for a head to plug into the car....... I was like really you had the car all day in the bay as you stated and you couldn't find a head to plug into the car.......? Did you guys get any work done because my car was dropped here at 7AM.

Now I'll call at around 11-12 for an update.

I miss my car.

As of now: The problem is unknown and they are trying to link the malfunction to either my hardwire of V1 or boost guage and trying to deny warranty work, but after I went down there, he said it probably will be under warranty. So lets sit tight and wait.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
amazzzin
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Day 2!

Picked up!!!!!

Under warranty.

Tipping ftw!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 12:43 PM   #4
GBX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997.1 GT3

what dealer bro? Glad to hear they finally covered it!
Appreciate 0