E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > I got banned from BMW Authohaus Thornhill for trying to book an appointment.

06-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #67
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

I would copy the e-mail to the media to be honest. In business, the last thing you want is bad publicity. You'll be doing all of us a favor actually...
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #68
maf330xi
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330xi

Thanks for the info - I will no longer be going to Autohaus Thornhill for my parts/ service.

Blacklines | 19" Morr VS8.2 | Gloss Black Grilles | PE | M-Tech | KW V1 | Euro Spec Headlights
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #69
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Right now, BMW Toronto and TC are the only dealers I am cosidering.
I have a couple friends that works at T&C. I can give you their contact info if you want? Really nice guys.

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #70
335isGuy
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Bmw 340xi Msport

Garage List
If newmarket is not to far for you. I work at Serpa Bmw (formely Open Road). If you have any issues. I will try my best to help you out. Let me know.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 01:27 AM   #71
One128i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 128i (sold), 06' MX-5

This dealership sounds like a joke.

Getting banned for shopping around?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 03:36 AM   #72
335ifanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: Revuelto, Urus Performante, X5

Wow, unbelievable story. Getting banned for trying to have a problem fixed and banned for shopping around?? And I'm more shocked that BMW Canada can't do anything about it.

If I were you, I would post this on every BMW/Car forum and on FB so this post and others like it come up when people google this dealership. Some of these idiot dealers don't understand the power of the internet and social media, one bad experience like this spreads like wildfire and can cost a business tons of money in lost sales.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 05:41 AM   #73
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

I have already setup an appointment with Sean Chaundry next Friday to hammer out the final portion of the deal. The trade in is already agreed & negotiated last month, it's just the new car price that I have to negotiate for next week.

I appreciate your offer of assitance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mandy View Post
I have a couple friends that works at T&C. I can give you their contact info if you want? Really nice guys.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 05:45 AM   #74
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I called Serpa already. The sticky point of the deal was the trade in. They could not give me a fair figure.

At least I am not banned from there !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335isGuy View Post
If newmarket is not to far for you. I work at Serpa Bmw (formely Open Road). If you have any issues. I will try my best to help you out. Let me know.

Last edited by bobblehead; 06-22-2012 at 06:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 03:15 PM   #75
bucket328
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [10.00]
What retards, I have never heard such bs in my life. Over a month for an appointment? pshhhh screw them!!!
Anyway your car, it will have blown the 15amp fuse for the door locks. it needs the 20 amp and possibly some acctuators replacing!
      06-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #76
superdrive320
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ifanatic View Post
Wow, unbelievable story. Getting banned for trying to have a problem fixed and banned for shopping around?? And I'm more shocked that BMW Canada can't do anything about it.

If I were you, I would post this on every BMW/Car forum and on FB so this post and others like it come up when people google this dealership. Some of these idiot dealers don't understand the power of the internet and social media, one bad experience like this spreads like wildfire and can cost a business tons of money in lost sales.
for sureee
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #77
Macro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI

As said before today I got the service from Parkview after calling them yesterday. I came in, and they quickly started service with the car. Apparently there was moisture in the locks that messed up the actuators. Got a shuttle back close to my house even though they don't go that far. Service was finished in 3 hours and they gave me a free car wash. I told the guys the story and they know about Autohaus' bad practices, but they get their customers because of that so it is great for you and them. They also said in emergency cases you can just come in and likely get service immediately. Parkview is amazing and I urge everyone to go there for your needs... you will be taken good care of.

PS don't wait a long time like me get your stuff fixed as soon as possible.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #78
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Great news! Chalk another one up for the Quinn Auto Group.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #79
shipill
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Macan S

I also had several bad experiences with their sales and service staff , I will NEVER go there again and will discourage anyone I know from ever going there.

you guys should write your review about this garbage dealership here :

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/bmw-autohaus-thornhill
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #80
3coupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe 07

Here is my story:

In my sig you see a 07 black 335 coupe. For the ones that know me I have an 08 335 convertible. I will tell you why:

Back in early 2007, I purchased a cpo 07 black 335 with just 2000 Kim's on it. I put in an intake and a blow off valve to start and some better tires. FYI this was 5 yrs ago and I was about 22, lesson learnt I guess. Anyways, about 6 months into my ownership of this car, my vehicle would throw limp mode constantly and would shut down from time to time. It started after racing some guy on the highway. My knowledge at that time was limited with turbo engines. I took it to autohaus, and one of the SA saw my car, made eye contact with me and signaled me to follow him. We then had a "secret" discussion that he can help me get my car fixed, so I went along with it. I left him my car, and no paper work done btw. So no paper trail.

2 months passed by, I called a few times and he gave me no updates and at times wouldn't call me back. But I thought he was doing me a favor. Anyways, he sat me down and told me that there was something very wrong with my car. He said they took out the turbos and the inside was blue. I didn't know what to believe, cause I knew there is no reason why turbos would turn blue. He said my car is not under warranty cause I chipped it. But I did not chip the car at this time and he said the rep from BMW inspected it and said it has been chipped before. There was argument for a couple of weeks and I decided to give in. So I asked him, how much to fix it. He writes a number on a piece of paper and it read "12,750".

At this point he said I already worked out a really good deal for you with our used car dept. there is a 2008 335 convertible downstairs. It wasnt a deal cause I was desperate for a car. Basically I took a hit of 12750 on my 07 and plus depreciation. And bought the white one at non discounted price.

I was an idiot I know. You are thinking, what a moron i was. I was just a young kid that was taken by experienced sharks. But a lesson learned nonetheless.

So after I purchased the car, I said I needed to get some stuff from my old car. They let me go see it and I realized that it was outside and hasn't been touched, cause there is a massive layer of snow on it, and i know that the last time it snowed, it was 2 to 3 weeks ago so this car didnt go in the shop for diagnosis. Also realized that this car was chipped from the previous owner, and i think the previous owner was probably one of the guys working at autohaus. So at this point it's when I got suspicious, but its too late.

So a couple of years later, my 08 convertible had the exact same symptoms. I took it to BMW toronto and they just said, your inter cooler piping just came off so we tightened it. Wow, that's all that it was. Inter cooler piping.

That's my story. I lost 25k on that transaction. I was only 22. I was making really good money for a kid out of school. I have another story about my 08 335 where BMW Toronto has given me a new engine under warranty as well as new turbos, hpfp, new tranny, injectors, etc., they were wonderful to deal with, even that I bought the car fom autohaus. Yes autohaus sold me a lemon. But with the new engine and tranny, the car has driven 40k without a single problem. But the first 80k i was constantly visiting BMW Toronto.

There are other events that mhas happened but this is the jist of it.
      06-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #81
Macro
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3coupe View Post
Here is my story:

In my sig you see a 07 black 335 coupe. For the ones that know me I have an 08 335 convertible. I will tell you why:

Back in early 2007, I purchased a cpo 07 black 335 with just 2000 Kim's on it. I put in an intake and a blow off valve to start and some better tires. FYI this was 5 yrs ago and I was about 22, lesson learnt I guess. Anyways, about 6 months into my ownership of this car, my vehicle would throw limp mode constantly and would shut down from time to time. It started after racing some guy on the highway. My knowledge at that time was limited with turbo engines. I took it to autohaus, and one of the SA saw my car, made eye contact with me and signaled me to follow him. We then had a "secret" discussion that he can help me get my car fixed, so I went along with it. I left him my car, and no paper work done btw. So no paper trail.

2 months passed by, I called a few times and he gave me no updates and at times wouldn't call me back. But I thought he was doing me a favor. Anyways, he sat me down and told me that there was something very wrong with my car. He said they took out the turbos and the inside was blue. I didn't know what to believe, cause I knew there is no reason why turbos would turn blue. He said my car is not under warranty cause I chipped it. But I did not chip the car at this time and he said the rep from BMW inspected it and said it has been chipped before. There was argument for a couple of weeks and I decided to give in. So I asked him, how much to fix it. He writes a number on a piece of paper and it read "12,750".

At this point he said I already worked out a really good deal for you with our used car dept. there is a 2008 335 convertible downstairs. It wasnt a deal cause I was desperate for a car. Basically I took a hit of 12750 on my 07 and plus depreciation. And bought the white one at non discounted price.

I was an idiot I know. You are thinking, what a moron i was. I was just a young kid that was taken by experienced sharks. But a lesson learned nonetheless.

So after I purchased the car, I said I needed to get some stuff from my old car. They let me go see it and I realized that it was outside and hasn't been touched, cause there is a massive layer of snow on it, and i know that the last time it snowed, it was 2 to 3 weeks ago so this car didnt go in the shop for diagnosis. Also realized that this car was chipped from the previous owner, and i think the previous owner was probably one of the guys working at autohaus. So at this point it's when I got suspicious, but its too late.

So a couple of years later, my 08 convertible had the exact same symptoms. I took it to BMW toronto and they just said, your inter cooler piping just came off so we tightened it. Wow, that's all that it was. Inter cooler piping.

That's my story. I lost 25k on that transaction. I was only 22. I was making really good money for a kid out of school. I have another story about my 08 335 where BMW Toronto has given me a new engine under warranty as well as new turbos, hpfp, new tranny, injectors, etc., they were wonderful to deal with, even that I bought the car fom autohaus. Yes autohaus sold me a lemon. But with the new engine and tranny, the car has driven 40k without a single problem. But the first 80k i was constantly visiting BMW Toronto.

Doesn't installing intakes and valves risk your warranty? And you did remove those before taking it in right? It's kind of odd that someone would chip a car and not reverse it before they sell it (unless it was irreversible).
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #82
3coupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macro
Quote:
Here is my story:

Doesn't installing intakes and valves risk your warranty? And you did remove those before taking it in right? It's kind of odd that someone would chip a car and not reverse it before they sell it (unless it was irreversible).
That's not the point. The point is, what the SA told me was blown turbos. The actual problem was loose piping with the inter cooler. I was willing to pay for repairs as I just wanted my car back. I should of paid a few hundred at most to tighten the couplers, but instead I took a hit for turbo replacement. that's not unethical to you?

On top of that, I put an intake with a bov. Neither could have cause the problem that they were insinuating?
      06-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #83
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

"3 coupe", really sorry to hear your experience.

So happened last month, I ran into a former Service Advisor of Autohaus who now works for BMW cross rival brand. Our conversation struck up and the reason he left was mainly due to not making enough commissions on selling unnecessary parts & services to clients. I was a bit surprised of his disclosure and now his earnings are based on straight salary, no need to upsell unnecessary parts & services. He preferred this for ethical reason & personal belief. Overall, he felt very stressed @ Autohaus because he needed to sell certain amount every month just to make a decent living.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #84
Macro
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
That's not the point. The point is, what the SA told me was blown turbos. The actual problem was loose piping with the inter cooler. I was willing to pay for repairs as I just wanted my car back. I should of paid a few hundred at most to tighten the couplers, but instead I took a hit for turbo replacement. that's not unethical to you?

On top of that, I put an intake with a bov. Neither could have cause the problem that they were insinuating?
I'm not saying they were right, it is probably illegal, but when you have any mods on a car it gives them more leverage to deny you warranty and since you were young they may have taken advantage of it. Of course the only place I can think of that would do that is Autohaus.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #85
Macro
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
"3 coupe", really sorry to hear your experience.

So happened last month, I ran into a former Service Advisor of Autohaus who now works for BMW cross rival brand. Our conversation struck up and the reason he left was mainly due to not making enough commissions on selling unnecessary parts & services to clients. I was a bit surprised of his disclosure and now his earnings are based on straight salary, no need to upsell unnecessary parts & services. He preferred this for ethical reason & personal belief. Overall, he felt very stressed @ Autohaus because he needed to sell certain amount every month just to make a decent living.
Wait service advisers make commission if they can convince clients to get useless expensive service?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #86
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

That's what I was told during our conversation. He felt pressured to sell something that in most cases are not necessary.

I guess if the client comes in (without any warranty) and they can sense the clients are not very knowledgable of the problems, the SA can sell this or that to suggest they will solve the repair problem.

Not 100% shock but somewhat. In the car repair business, nothing is so shocking anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macro View Post
Wait service advisers make commission if they can convince clients to get useless expensive service?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #87
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

For example, a squeak in the front brakes ... the service advisor will write out the issue and you leave your car to be checked by the tech guy. Later, the service advisor called you to say your rotor needs to be replaced because it's warped. The rotor cannot and will not be machined, therefore, you go in for brake checking/adjustment, you come out with $400 lighter in your wallet.

Lots of people have experienced this.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #88
nitehawk
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Garage List
@3coupe - we all make mistakes. It's okay provided that we learn from them. Whenever buying a preowned vehicle, always ask for a full service/warranty history. If they make BS excuses and don't disclose, walk away. Plain and simple. It's also good to get a second opinion from another shop/dealer when you are shopping for a car or while trying to diagnose an issue. Again, if the dealer does not allow you to take the car for an independent inspection before buying; walk away.

I bought my car pre-owned too, and was ready to walk away when the non-BMW dealer told me they do not have a copy of the service/warranty history. As soon as I did this, they bent over backwards to get me that information. History was clean as ever with basic maintenance work. Few years later, I'm still very happy with my car as I have had very minor issues.

Last edited by nitehawk; 06-23-2012 at 06:12 PM..
Appreciate 0