E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Thanked my SA

12-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
MandMs335Msport
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i M-sport, '10, etc

Thanked my SA

Ever since my wife and I bought our preowned E92, the brakes just seemed off, particularly compared to our previous E46. Eventually a low speed vibration ensued, I knew this was at least partially due to warped rotors, and possibly other maladies. Well, after bringing in the car for service, I mentioned it to the SA and the tech at that time said it could be attributed to the front tires, which were getting down and which I was planning on replacing, so I thought to get the tires (switched to Pole Positions, non run-flats--love em), and take the car back for brakes if the problem persisted. (Which it did)

The SA had all new front rotors and pads, and even did the Thrust Arms, a job which would have cost somewhere around $1,400 or better under warranty, and or sub-50K maintenance. No charge. The car has about 40k on it.

After driving the car a few times, I was so impressed at how the car felt, handled, and braked so well, kept thinking how much I appreciated the service. So, my good xmas eve deed was to place a call, not to bitch, just to thank them. This really was odd for them, they admitted that this doesn't happen very often. The call was obviously well received. By the way, this is not the dealership we purchased the car from.

Perhaps this will ease the road in the future in case we have another problem to deal with, but that isn't why I did it. The SA did me a solid and I truly appreciated it.

Happy holidays to him, his family, and all!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

What a nice sappy Xmas story for all us BMW fans! All kidding aside more of us should do things like that we can possibly change the stereotype of BMW drivers.
OEM Black grill and Blackline tails - LCI halogens with Lux V2 coded as DRL - 3M Crystalline - BMS PBX - OEM Euro Airbox with K&N - Hardwired CTEK - Bilstein B6 w/OEM springs and SP perches - Conti DWS06 - HiFi-Helix DSP - JLAudio HD/XD-Morel - CD changer trim - AE optical out
Appreciate 0