E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Some questions about my audio install: 50% Completed

07-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
zaheer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Some questions about my audio install: 50% Completed

Hey guys,

With all thanks to technic, which has helped me to get this far,

However I have a few questions and dont wanna keep bugging technic

Q1: I have connected my Alpine PDX amp to the battery power into the oem connector and ground to the car, but have not connected any speaker input or output wires yet or remote wire. turned on the car, but the amp did not turn on, no lights no nothing. Is this normal? I checked the connections all seemed fine. any suggestions?

Q2: im using the plaupunkt pnp harness to connect my amp to the my current speaker system. the harness will be going through Jl Cleansweep. The PNP harness has two yellow and black power and ground cables which come from the back of the headunit which normally power a blaupunkt pnp amp. As im using a alpine amp, I wont be using these. However since the cleansweep uses little power, can I just connect the harness power cable to the power cable input of the Cleansweep? rather then powering the cleansweep from the battery? the cleansweep power cable already has 1amp fuse.

Q3: Remote Wire: I can see the pin 13 on the Blaupunkt PNP adapter behind the OEM headunit but how to I tap into that and do I run a 5m remote wire alongside the pnp harness going to the boot and into the cleansweep? how do I split that remote wire to also go to the alpine amp?

Ive been taking pics of my install and once done, will be making a diy since theres not many out there for E93s.

Thanks
      07-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d XD M Sport

Q1 - Amp wont turn on without a remote signal otherwise your battery wouldn't last too long. As for the other questions I can't assist. Good luck
      07-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
zaheer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Thanks, that is goo to know. So will continue with my install 2mrw.

Btw had a look at your audio upgrade, amazing stuff also helped me educationally, might also be going with a centre channel but would I then need a ms8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B33M3R View Post
Q1 - Amp wont turn on without a remote signal otherwise your battery wouldn't last too long. As for the other questions I can't assist. Good luck
      07-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d XD M Sport

Hi and thanks, glad it's helped out!

Yeah unless you've already got a centre in yours as standard, Logic 7 system etc. you'd need an MS8 or another DSP like a Bit One to run one