E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Poor service from Duke Dynamics!

12-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #23
SpunkyXL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07' 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by styler View Post
Below is an email I received from duke dynamics. As I have said before they are more interested in this thread than satisfying the customer. I still have no replacement diffuser as I said I won't delete this thread until I received a product I'm happy with.

Me
What guarantee do I have that you will still send the diffuser? You've said you will be sending it for past month!

DD
"You and I know, we won't ship you the diffuser until you have deleted all your negatives comment on the BMW forums. See the attachment photo.

I had my promised I will send you the replacement, even though it not our fault. But you kept making things worst, and you didn't try to delete what we had asked you to do so.
Honestly, what other choice to do you have? Beside making all negative comments on our company. It's your choice, do you want the replacement or keep protesting on our company? it's your call.

Let me know.

Sean"
delete it and put it back up once shipped
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #24
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

Quote:
Below is an email I received from duke dynamics. As I have said before they are more interested in this thread than satisfying the customer. I still have no replacement diffuser as I said I won't delete this thread until I received a product I'm happy with.

Me
What guarantee do I have that you will still send the diffuser? You've said you will be sending it for past month!

DD
"You and I know, we won't ship you the diffuser until you have deleted all your negatives comment on the BMW forums. See the attachment photo.

I had my promised I will send you the replacement, even though it not our fault. But you kept making things worst, and you didn't try to delete what we had asked you to do so.
Honestly, what other choice to do you have? Beside making all negative comments on our company. It's your choice, do you want the replacement or keep protesting on our company? it's your call.

Let me know.

Sean"
Wow, duke dynamics are DOUCHE BAGS ^ (1000) (to the power of).

These guys have zero customer service experience and I hope they burn down in business.

Who the hell tells their customer to "modify" their free speech in order to ship out a working unit? If duke dynamics does not believe they were wrong, then forget the negative comments and let life go on.

You think Lindsay Lohan have it bad with bad PR ? People deal with it. Every company, car manufacturers have a billion bad reviews out there. Yet, they can still sell cars.

If Duke wants to make this right, they should voluntarily ship the replacement part, throw in an ice cream voucher, and then the OP will naturally write a praising post. That's how it generally works.

Why must there be threats ?

Somebody needs to go to business school 101.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #25
styler
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 & E90 LCI 330i

Tell me about it I promised to add a positive post to this thread if they sent me a diffuser i was happy with, but as you can see by their response that wasn't good enough.

I haven't even tried to test fit it yet - knowing my luck it will be for an e92 fitment rather than an e90!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukezero View Post

These guys have zero customer service experience and I hope they burn down in business.

Who the hell tells their customer to "modify" their free speech in order to ship out a working unit? If duke dynamics does not believe they were wrong, then forget the negative comments and let life go on.

You think Lindsay Lohan have it bad with bad PR ? People deal with it. Every company, car manufacturers have a billion bad reviews out there. Yet, they can still sell cars.

If Duke wants to make this right, they should voluntarily ship the replacement part, throw in an ice cream voucher, and then the OP will naturally write a praising post. That's how it generally works.

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 06:59 AM   #26
328B
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | E92 M3 | E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtamms View Post
I wanted to order a CSL trunk from DD but I've seen some bad reviews & complains. So, I just waited for a used one from one of the member here. Atleast, the seller guaranteed the item before I paid him. When I got the trunk, it was in excellent form & nothing I can complain about. Buy one from a middle man.
+1 SMART BUYER!!

DD has so many bad reviews! The only logic thing to do would be as the rbtamms did.
      01-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #27
cuiter23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2 6Spd

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [6.00]
I can't wait to see how all this turns out
[SOLD] 2007 E90 328i - Titanium Metallic l 19" VMR V710 l H&R Trak+ Spacers l M-Sport Rear Bumper l Mtech Rear Lip Spoiler l Hamann Front Lip l Eibach Sportline l AA N52 Signature Exhaust l OEM Blacklines l MTEC V3 AE l 6000K HID l Nokya 7000K Fogs l MTEC License Plate LED l Interior LED l 15% Tint l BlackVue DR380G-HD + PMP
2023 G87 M2 6Spd - HEA Package | OEM M Performance Carbon Wing
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #28
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an old person.

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.48]
Any update?
      01-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #29
fibonacci
Fancy Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Thank you OP for posting that, add that to my list of sellers (incluing umnitza) to avoid at all costs.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #30
Slow_335i
Daily Driven!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [7.02]
Wow what a shame my friend and I were both looking into their hood, trunk and diffuser from them. (E90 and e92) now I know damn well where I'm not getting them from. I'd rather buy from a company that's willing to fess up to their obvious mistake and give the customer the product they were looking for! Also ill make sure that nobody gets a recommendation for their products.
      01-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #31
styler
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Oldboy View Post
Any update?
no update from my last post. As soon as i disagreed with regards to removing my posts that's been the end of that radio silence from DD.

I will just have to paint my diffuser and get it fitted or maybe I can find someone to fix it some how. Anyway i'm tired of waiting and been wanting to get a custom quad exhuast fitted since I got the diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #32
cuiter23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2 6Spd

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [6.00]
Quote:
no update from my last post. As soon as i disagreed with regards to removing my posts that's been the end of that radio silence from DD.

I will just have to paint my diffuser and get it fitted or maybe I can find someone to fix it some how. Anyway i'm tired of waiting and been wanting to get a custom quad exhuast fitted since I got the diffuser.
Most effective way of getting their attention - take a video of you burning it and send it to them.
[SOLD] 2007 E90 328i - Titanium Metallic l 19" VMR V710 l H&R Trak+ Spacers l M-Sport Rear Bumper l Mtech Rear Lip Spoiler l Hamann Front Lip l Eibach Sportline l AA N52 Signature Exhaust l OEM Blacklines l MTEC V3 AE l 6000K HID l Nokya 7000K Fogs l MTEC License Plate LED l Interior LED l 15% Tint l BlackVue DR380G-HD + PMP
2023 G87 M2 6Spd - HEA Package | OEM M Performance Carbon Wing
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #33
boost4boobs
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3/E36 M3 S50/M3 S52/F15d

Cheap asses DD , they are far away from doing business , just go BMW PERFORMANCE CF and you are happy , never screw around with cheap company , saw a bmw owner here with DD Diffuser and look like bad fitment .
live and learn my friend , good luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #34
waski
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335i

Only DD makes E90 Performance Quad Diffuser ?

I want order this diffuser but Im afraid :/
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #35
Toyo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d Titanium Silver LCI E90

I hope everybody takes note, this company has no respect for its customers. I will never do bussiness with a company like that.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #36
Sean@dukedynamics
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkyXL View Post
delete it and put it back up once shipped
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92LuNaTiC View Post
Yikes! I've heard mixed reviews from DD... some good, some bad. Sorry to hear OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdas11 View Post
Damn, and I wanted to get a diffuser from them...Looks like I'll just wrap my M-sport bumber diffuser instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihsanshaik View Post
The OP is from the UK so its possible somehow it got lost in transit? It is their fault not yours.

I remember i bought rims from a fellow member and he made UPS package them and insure them and when they came the boxes had all the rims exposed. I contacted them and they told me it wasn't their fault and they didn't package them. I contacted the seller and he went to the UPS store and contacted corporate and made it right. At the end both parties were satisfied and I got to keep the damaged ( superficial) wheels.

This is from a member and if the company doesn't make it right contact BBB and file a complaint against them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tres View Post
thats messed up hope you get your money back i pretty much gave up on most aftermarket carbon fiber parts. Im only going with oem bmw or challenge. Ive heard a lot a bad things about DD dont know why they arent banned from the forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
Wow I have heard mostly bad things about Duke Dynamics and a few good things. Really makes me not want to give them any sort of business in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukezero View Post

Quote:
Tell me about it I promised to add a positive post to this thread if they sent me a diffuser i was happy with, but as you can see by their response that wasn't good enough.

I haven't even tried to test fit it yet - knowing my luck it will be for an e92 fitment rather than an e90!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Boston View Post
+1 SMART BUYER!!

DD has so many bad reviews! The only logic thing to do would be as the rbtamms did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuiter23 View Post
I can't wait to see how all this turns out
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Oldboy View Post
Any update?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Thank you OP for posting that, add that to my list of sellers (incluing umnitza) to avoid at all costs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_335i View Post
Wow what a shame my friend and I were both looking into their hood, trunk and diffuser from them. (E90 and e92) now I know damn well where I'm not getting them from. I'd rather buy from a company that's willing to fess up to their obvious mistake and give the customer the product they were looking for! Also ill make sure that nobody gets a recommendation for their products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuiter23 View Post
Most effective way of getting their attention - take a video of you burning it and send it to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost4boobs View Post
Cheap asses DD , they are far away from doing business , just go BMW PERFORMANCE CF and you are happy , never screw around with cheap company , saw a bmw owner here with DD Diffuser and look like bad fitment .
live and learn my friend , good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waski View Post
Only DD makes E90 Performance Quad Diffuser ?

I want order this diffuser but Im afraid :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyo View Post
I hope everybody takes note, this company has no respect for its customers. I will never do bussiness with a company like that.

[To the Forums Admin, hope you don’t mind we post it here. We just want to let the members know that we are not the company they think we are. There were few negative comments here and there. Since we are not the forums sponsors here, we have no other ways to protect our products or response to the member comments.

PS. we always want to return to E90Post and provide the service to the forums members and help them to create their wish list, hope you can reconsider it and let us back and sponsor the forums again, Thanks!]

Here is our position:

We shipped a diffuser to customer Hidesh [CarProductsDirect.co.uk] that he ordered. The product left our shop in perfect condition but suffered shipping damage. Upon being notified of the situation we offered to send him a replacement as soon we can produce one, which takes about two to three weeks. This is because we have to fill our customer orders in the order which they are received.

We asked customer Hidesh for cooperation to claim compensation from the carrier by filing a damage goods report. Customer Hidesh was in a hurry to attend car show was impatient. We informed him we cannot reasonably send him a replacement in time for the show. He was anxious and he started posting damaged product photos on the forums. He posted negative comments on our Facebook page. We asked him to be patient while we worked to replace the item and kindly remove his comments on e90post, but he refused. He continuous to unfairly criticize our products and customer service.

Posting negative comments public forums does not help resolve the matter.

Shipping damage is beyond our control but we do our best to minimize the risks.

We stand by our products and take customer service seriously. You can ask the e90post members who have bought diffusers from us, and ask them about their experience with our product replacement policy. Everyone got their replacements without any problem.

Not many people know that we have been manufacturing everything in-house since the beginning of 2009.

In the past we outsourced production to a third party manufacturer that we eventually determined did not meet our quality standards. That’s why we decided to make everything in house so we can control the quality on our products and deliver an excellent product to the customer.

In order for us to remain successful and continue to make high quality products we need your support.

If you have any questions or want to find out more about our currently design projects, feel free to contact us through our web site: www.dukedynamics.com or www.facebook.com/dukedynamics2

Last edited by Sean@dukedynamics; 02-08-2013 at 11:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #37
styler
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Sean, how can the customer claim damages from a courier? I told you the instant that I tried contacting the courier about this they instructed only the paying customer (duke dynamics) can claim compensation as you paid for the shipping. It doesn't make sense that me as a customer can claim compensation or put in a claim if I didn't pay for services of the courier in the first place.

Yes I needed diffuser ASAP and once the diffuser arrived (2 months later or more) with both cosmetic damage and manufacturing defects (see the pictures around exhaust section) I asked for a replacement to be sent and you said to claim compensation and also to send back the diffuser at my own cost which is ridiculous.

I was in contact with you for over 3-4 months asking when replacement will be sent and I just got excuses after excuses. It is no coincidence that by the time I received the original diffuser I was no longer able to claim a refund from PayPal as refund time had expired. It's been 6-7 months since i ordered the diffuser and still no replacement has arrive. So what do you expect a customer not to complain or post up pictures?

There is no marking on the diffuser to show if its for a e90 or e92 so how do I even know you have sent me a diffuser that will fit?

You service has been shocking in this instance. With you offering no resolution or even once offering a refund on the item. You customer service is the worst I have experienced and you have the audacity to post on here that this is my fault or I have not cooperated. It's a complete farce.

Forum members have the right to know about the poor level of service I have received. If you don't want negative posts written about your company then don't rip off customers and then ask for them to be taken down. Do something to fix the situation!! FFS!

Last edited by styler; 02-16-2013 at 09:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #38
waski
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335i

I just ordered new e90 FRP quad difuzor from duke dynamics i contact with them and i got message right back didnt have to wait long time , i talk to him and i got discount transaction went smooth so for now i like to do bussinses with them
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #39
leungsta
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: R8 V10 / Cayenne GTS / Model 3

Duke Dynamics....always wanted a diffuser from them but was always too scared of fitment issues.

Still am.

lol

In all honesty, if DD wants to keep their reputation in good standing, you got to send the unsatisfied customer a diffuser and let him keep the damaged one. You're better off losing $300-400 on a diffuser rather than losing many other customers from a negative experience like this one. After reading this, I don't think I'll ever order from DD...I'll stick with the middle man and find a used one.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #40
._.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

The diffuser I got from DD could not fit without major modifications from my body shop. They were at a point where the wanted to stop working on it because it was so bad. In the end they had to mold the diffuser to the bumper to make it work. So a week later and couple hundred dollars poorer and it's installed.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #41
marcus321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Acura NSX

DD is probably the biggest hit or miss on the forums. I got lucky and had 100% fitment my first purchase. I want to buy more from them but I am scared it wont all be 100%
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #42
styler
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 4 5 T 4 M 4 N View Post
The diffuser I got from DD could not fit without major modifications from my body shop. They were at a point where the wanted to stop working on it because it was so bad. In the end they had to mold the diffuser to the bumper to make it work. So a week later and couple hundred dollars poorer and it's installed.
It looks good on your car! Yours seem to be similar to mine, with the red DD lettering. I haven't seen many with the red lettering. I think i will have to get the body shop to test fit it before i get the quad exhaust done in case it wont fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus321 View Post
DD is probably the biggest hit or miss on the forums. I got lucky and had 100% fitment my first purchase. I want to buy more from them but I am scared it wont all be 100%
Well I'm sure they have had many satisfied customers but also many which have had issues. Its a shame as their products are really desirable and for the price you wouldn't except anything less than high quality and fitment every time.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #43
meezo
Private First Class
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Is this a hoax? Why would a staff from DD not be able to write an e-mail properly? I'm thinking of purchasing a diffuser but I am not sure if I should anymore
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #44
mammothboarderdc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i Sport

I really liked their LCI power vented hood...
Appreciate 0