E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CIC retrofit query

08-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
morski
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0D X Drive

Hi,
Im about to do a retrofit of cic sat nav in an X1 (same wiring as E90) with no pre nav or bluetooth etc. having removed the original pro radio there is no fibre optic MOST on the loom but the cic has one. Should i simply make a new fibre loop and fit it into the loom connector?

Also can someone post up or send or even direct me to where to tap into the JB for the controller CAN wires rather then from the back of the unit. Also the pin out wiring for the controller. I know its a simple 4 pin power/ground/ CAN H/ CAN L

Thanks in advance

Last edited by morski; 08-08-2012 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
voucher76
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 (G01), E92 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by morski View Post
Hi,
Im about to do a retrofit of cic sat nav in an X1 (same wiring as E90) with no pre nav or bluetooth etc. having removed the original pro radio there is no fibre optic MOST on the loom but the cic has one. Should i simply make a new fibre loop and fit it into the loom connector?

Also can someone post up or send or even direct me to where to tap into the JB for the controller CAN wires rather then from the back of the unit. Also the pin out wiring for the controller. I know its a simple 4 pin power/ground/ CAN H/ CAN L

Thanks in advance
The CIC unit does NOT have to be connected to a MOST loom. I changed my Radio Professional (without MOST) to a CIC unit and I did NOT add any MOST loom, everything works just fine.

see my retrofit thread for pinouts (assuming the X1 has same wiring as e90, I wouldn't know that )

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728890

Best regards
Appreciate 0