E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > ***Official 757 Thread***

Closed Thread

09-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #243
pecophilly
Well officer, what had happened was...
Rep
Drives: Grocery Getter

Garage List
What time in the morning for the dyno? I miiight skip hockey to do this...
      09-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #244
eric86
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecophilly View Post
What time in the morning for the dyno? I miiight skip hockey to do this...
whos getting their car dynoed?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 06:07 PM   #245
snowman81
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I might get my car dynoed, usually showing up right when the open isn't the best since they get quite a line (well, they did at their old place) usually 9 or 10 isn't bad if people are interested in going that early. Then we can move the CIP up a little if philly is gonna skip hockey.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #246
MORIAL
Blue Line
Rep
Drives: e90

Garage List
2008 E90  [0.00]
MEET

So are we going to dyno first at 1 and then to cheeseburger, or to cheeseburger at 1. Somebody pm me the address to both places. I am coming out of Elizabeth City.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 07:19 AM   #247
gatoraviator
THE SWAMP '01
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Super Silver GTR

off topic

guys, two quick things:

first, be careful driving around today due to the rain, standing water, and winds.

second, on my way to work,i encountered standing water on the street about 20 yards long or so. i could not turn around which i would've done if i could. however, i had to drive through it. i was careful, but wondering if i need to be concerned. i made it through, drove to work which was another 15-20 minute drive. shut the car off...started it back up and it turned over like a champ. no abnormal indications on the dash or idrive. anything i need to be worried about or am i just stressing over nothing. thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 07:49 AM   #248
eric86
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is

yea lil creek was flooded also but i just turned around whenever i saw a puddle. I hate driving on these bases when it rains.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 07:56 AM   #249
gatoraviator
THE SWAMP '01
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric86 View Post
yea lil creek was flooded also but i just turned around whenever i saw a puddle. I hate driving on these bases when it rains.
that doesn't necessarily answer my question bud
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 08:56 AM   #250
snowman81
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatoraviator View Post
guys, two quick things:

first, be careful driving around today due to the rain, standing water, and winds.

second, on my way to work,i encountered standing water on the street about 20 yards long or so. i could not turn around which i would've done if i could. however, i had to drive through it. i was careful, but wondering if i need to be concerned. i made it through, drove to work which was another 15-20 minute drive. shut the car off...started it back up and it turned over like a champ. no abnormal indications on the dash or idrive. anything i need to be worried about or am i just stressing over nothing. thanks again.
I would say you're fine at this point. I've had many run-ins (2 is many for me) with my TL-S. It was lowered and had a cold air intake on it that was lower than my fog lights. Long story short, I almost f-ed up my engine twice and it was extremely apparent right away. If you got all the way to work and shut her down and back up again and there was no unusual indications, then I would say you're safe. Just my opinion though, I'm no mechanic. By the way, like the avatar...who is it?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 09:10 AM   #251
gatoraviator
THE SWAMP '01
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman81 View Post
I would say you're fine at this point. I've had many run-ins (2 is many for me) with my TL-S. It was lowered and had a cold air intake on it that was lower than my fog lights. Long story short, I almost f-ed up my engine twice and it was extremely apparent right away. If you got all the way to work and shut her down and back up again and there was no unusual indications, then I would say you're safe. Just my opinion though, I'm no mechanic. By the way, like the avatar...who is it?
thanks. after talking to my buddies at work, they tell me i'm sweating over nothing. i think they're right. the water wasn't going over my hood or coming in through the floorboards. at most i would guess it was halfway up on my rims and i'm not lowered.

as far as the chick, i met her at the high school car wash a week ago. she's a big Gators fan. JK. it's a pic i found online of a chick wearing a university of florida gators shirt. since i went to UF and the chick is hot, i figured why not. adds some pep to my profile. i need to meet her.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 09:24 AM   #252
pecophilly
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman81 View Post
I might get my car dynoed, usually showing up right when the open isn't the best since they get quite a line (well, they did at their old place) usually 9 or 10 isn't bad if people are interested in going that early. Then we can move the CIP up a little if philly is gonna skip hockey.
Skip hockey?! NEVVAAA!!! I might not be able to make it anyways...Don't wait around on lil ol me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORIAL View Post
So are we going to dyno first at 1 and then to cheeseburger, or to cheeseburger at 1. Somebody pm me the address to both places. I am coming out of Elizabeth City.
Looks like ppl are getting to the dyno palce a lil early to run their cars, then the rest of us will meet there at 1 and roll out to CIP.

Quote:
guys, two quick things:

I'd say you're good man. You'd know right away if you weren't. You worry about that car so much, might as well trade me for mine!
      09-30-2010, 09:38 AM   #253
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
guys, two quick things:

you're fine gator. if there was an issue, you'd of known right away. the biggest issue with floods would be sucking water into the engine via the intake tract. in your case this means the water level would have to be up near the daym hood. my intake filter sits right behind my fog light...so i have a little more to worry about. but unless the water level is over the bottom of my bumper, i'm not worrying about it. one thing to be concerned about though(happened to me in one of my other cars) is the other cars driving through the flood waters. they can create waves(like a boat in the water) that can wash up pretty high...so be careful of that.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2010, 06:35 PM   #254
pecophilly
Rep

Garage List
Fun meet today fellas. Nice to see some new faces.

Gator, Sorry I had to beat your m3.

Shorty, stay away from...well, everything haha.

Snowman, when your wife asks why you're spending on this money on your car, tell her it's just a mid-life crisis.

Eric, don't be mad when your headlights get stolen...

Nick,

THE END.
      10-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #255
gatoraviator
THE SWAMP '01
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecophilly View Post
Fun meet today fellas. Nice to see some new faces.

Gator, Sorry I had to beat your m3.

Shorty, stay away from...well, everything haha.

Snowman, when your wife asks why you're spending on this money on your car, tell her it's just a mid-life crisis.

Eric, don't be mad when your headlights get stolen...

Nick,

THE END.
you lil biatch. Started too high of a gear the first time and the second go was a clown show. However, I will say u wouldve beaten me either way. But knowing u still want my M is good enough for me, plus I'm stock. Anyway, great time and good laughs. Just talking to my roommate about u and ur Jamie Kennedy look a like. Anyway, good times with all u guys. Can't wait to do it again.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #256
sh0rtdyboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90 335i lci m-sport

reppin 757...

reppin 757 but for philly reppin 215 ..phillies sucks

good times today fellas. i know its prolly the wrong thread for the pictures but what the hell.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2010, 08:10 PM   #257
pecophilly
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
you lil biatch. Started too high of a gear the first time and the second go was a clown show. However, I will say u wouldve beaten me either way. But knowing u still want my M is good enough for me, plus I'm stock. Anyway, great time and good laughs. Just talking to my roommate about u and ur Jamie Kennedy look a like. Anyway, good times with all u guys. Can't wait to do it again.
LOL its all love maing! Can't wait to do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtdyboy View Post
reppin 757 but for philly reppin 215 ..phillies sucks

good times today fellas. i know its prolly the wrong thread for the pictures but what the hell.
Nice pics man!!! I missed out on the group shot. Guess I'll be on time next meet! LOL.
      10-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #258
pecophilly
Rep

Garage List
I like how it looks like we're all STOPPED at a GREEN light lmao. I think that's when me and Snowman went toe to toe...
      10-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #259
pecophilly
Rep

Garage List
Here's another one...

10-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #260
snowman81
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Eric...good pics man. We'll have to get you a passenger next time to get some good rolling shots.
philly, not sure that we really went toe to toe, but I tried. It's great to know there's that much more potential out of my car though.
Cool hanging out with you guys. Thanks for welcoming the newb...look forward to more meets before I go on cruise in Jan.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #261
Dub E
Love my Daughters
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2000 VW Cabby

Hopefully next time I can make it... What about next Sunday or Sat NIGHT!!?? BWW for football??

It is hard for me to make Saturday DAY meets... unless I bring the 9mo old, and she loves car rides, but, well you know... LoL
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2010, 08:06 AM   #262
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

ohh shit nice pics shorty...i didn't even know you were taking pics when i was on the dyno! its too bad it took me soo long to catch up with you guys...i would've been down for a few runs!;-)
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2010, 08:16 AM   #263
snowman81
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
ohh shit nice pics shorty...i didn't even know you were taking pics when i was on the dyno! its too bad it took me soo long to catch up with you guys...i would've been down for a few runs!;-)
Speaking of you being on the dyno...I did some reading again last night. I knew that one brand dyno was nicknamed the heartbreak dyno but couldn't remember which one. So, it's the dyno dynamics. They nickname it the heartbreak dyno because they say it doesn't use any type of estimation or inertia factors for correction, making it more accurate. Now I don't know if it makes it more accurate or not. The general rule of thumb is if you take your Dyno Dynamics numbers and muiltiply it by 1.18, it will give you a general idea of what your numbers would be on a Dynojet (which is what all aspects has). That's why I was saying yesterday, dyno's are really not a good comparison of car to car horsepower, unless everyone does it on the same day. But if you did yours on a dyno dynamics and i did mine on a dynojet, and we compared, we wouldn't be comparing apples to apples. I'll find a dyno and get a baseline on that dyno and keep going to the same one for any other dynos after I make mods and that will give me a better idea of how much I increased my horsepower. Not sure if any of that makes sense, so if it doesn't, I'll try to clarify.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2010, 08:31 AM   #264
snowman81
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Something I just noticed...the DC Metro area has ALOT of 325/330's. We should head up there for a meet someday and show them what real power is (and by we, I mean you guys...I'm just along for the ride with my stockness). I know it's a haul up there, but it's not to bad when you have a group. I did it a few times with the Acura crew. Just a thought.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread