E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Helix Intercooler Install problem

06-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
dj128
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 335i E92

Helix Intercooler Install problem

Anyone else have trouble lining up the screw hole for the intercooler mount on the driver's side? I know the video says to use a pry bar to "gently" apply forward pressure, but I couldn't budge it for the life of me. I ended up installing without this screw in place. Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
E60orBust
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: "The Brothers //M-Sport" E90/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj128 View Post
Anyone else have trouble lining up the screw hole for the intercooler mount on the driver's side? I know the video says to use a pry bar to "gently" apply forward pressure, but I couldn't budge it for the life of me. I ended up installing without this screw in place. Any suggestions?
You mean the underside screw that holds the intercooler in place? I just used my floor jack to "lift" it in to position rather than trying to balance and screw at the same time. My griots garage jack has a nice rubber insert that kept the IC from sliding/being scratched.
      06-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #3
dj128
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by E60orBust View Post
You mean the underside screw that holds the intercooler in place? I just used my floor jack to "lift" it in to position rather than trying to balance and screw at the same time. My griots garage jack has a nice rubber insert that kept the IC from sliding/being scratched.
Yes, there are two of them, one on each side, and the kit includes a washer.
Appreciate 0