E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > FS: 2006 BMW 325i - 38K Miles - Pickup Only / Los Angeles - $17,550

10-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #1
jeffersonkim
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

Original Title is ready to sign over & CarFax is clean.

Kelly Blue Book appraises this for $19,100 in good condition in a private party sale. I'm willing to sell for $16,000 obo.

Year: 2006
Make: BMW
Body: 325i Sedan 4 Door
Exterior: Sparkling Metallic Graphite
Interior: Black Leatherette
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual
Mileage: 38,435 miles

PICTURES
http://picasaweb.google.com/jeffersonkim/2006BMW325i#

CARFAX REPORT
http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0...Mjk1Y2E1&hl=en

WARRANTY
The original, BMW, full maintenance warranty ends November 14, 2009.

If you're interested in an extended warranty and want to get it through BMW directly rather than a third party, you can purchase the extended warranty while still under the original warranty for the costs that I got from April Garcia, Shelly BMW, Orange County, 714.249.2212, aprilg@shellybmw.com as of October 14, 2009

Powertrain Warranty, $50 Deductible:
3 Years Additional / Total 100K miles - $2,390
3 Years Additional / Total 70k miles - $1,880
2 Years Additional / Total 100k miles - $2,120

Full Maintenance Plan (Oil changes, break changes, inspections, etc.):
2 Years Additional / Total 100k miles - $2,095

COSTCO TIRE RECEIPTS
(I replaced the run flats on all four tires with regular tires with 60,000 mile warranties. BONUS: I have a half used run-flat tire if you want it for free!):
http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0...MTYwYWM3&hl=en
http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0...MjUyZmJl&hl=en
http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0...NTI3MzQ4&hl=en

REAR BRAKES REPLACED
Rear brakes were just replaced on October 14, 2009 and the front brakes were measured at 6.5mm.

BACKGROUND:
I bought the BMW in Germany around November 2005 through a special military program. The car was shipped to the US around July 2007 and registered in California in September 2007. The 6 speed stick shift, and flowing, country side, German roads were amazing. Now I'm married and my wife doesn't like it when I drive with passion :[ No passion = no fun. For me, I might as well get a Camry and let the true drivers who know how to drive a stick shift enjoy the ride :]

Everything is pretty much in great to excellent condition.

LEFT REAR DOOR:
A girl backed into my left, rear door in the parking lot and so the left rear side door was replaced. No frame damage occurred and a new door was installed through her insurance. A breakdown of the repair & receipt will be given on request.

VIEWING LOCATION
If you're ever interested in meeting to see the car, we'll meet at my hotel:

Red Roof Inn
7121 Beach Blvd
Buena Park, CA 90620

You can also reach me at 714.733.6777. My name's Jefferson.

Last edited by jeffersonkim; 11-23-2009 at 11:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

WOW, sad story of a great value that supposedly BMW keeps...
From your story, sounds like the Camry keeps its value MUCH better than the mighty BMW.

I think you're undervaluing your car, and should sell quickly.

GL with the sale!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Too bad about the accident. Records like that kill you at resale.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #4
itsmike
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
x2.

Any options/packages on the car?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #5
jeffersonkim
Private
Rep

No options except the paint.

A potential buyer was test driving the car, and he drove it like he was having fun. The look on his face reminded me the joy I once had while driving that car.

I tried to drive it more enthusiastically after remembering what it was like, but my wife was in the car, and she told me to slow down! I rarely drive unless my wife's in the car and I have a baby on the way, so this just reinforced the reality that unless I just go out on a joy ride, I might as well get a Camry. :[
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2009, 12:55 AM   #6
jeffersonkim
Private
Rep

Quote:
It's weird, but for some reason, the accident doesn't show up on the CarFax report.

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2009, 09:42 AM   #7
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersonkim View Post
It's weird, but for some reason, the accident doesn't show up on the CarFax report.

So, then, why would you even mention it???
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #8
jeffersonkim
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
So, then, why would you even mention it???
I feel ethically obligated to mention it.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2009, 10:01 PM   #9
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:

It seems that Autocheck has the record. Dont mean to be rude, just think you need to go into more detail as the Carmax appraisal makes it look like the entire side was repaired and repainted, not only the door.

Correct me if you know otherwise.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 12:33 AM   #10
jeffersonkim
Private
Rep

Quote:
It seems that Autocheck has the record. Dont mean to be rude, just think you need to go into more detail as the Carmax appraisal makes it look like the entire side was repaired and repainted, not only the door.

Correct me if you know otherwise.
I think that if anyone is truly interested in the car, they'll be inclined to do some independent verification outside of the reports I provided regardless of what I say.

The Carmax appraisal was a free item that is a general reassurance that I'm not trying to intentionally deceive anyone. It's not meant to be a detailed analysis of every pitfall to my car or to dissuade all Buyers' doubts. The Buyers will need to find an independent inspection to fulfill that role.

Would you be willing to post your Autocheck report to aid potential buyer's in their purchasing decision?

I'm confident that the Autocheck report will further reinforce the CarFax and CarMax reports that my car doesn't have any problems that will affect its short and long term performance.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #11
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
I think that if anyone is truly interested in the car, they'll be inclined to do some independent verification outside of the reports I provided regardless of what I say.

The Carmax appraisal was a free item that is a general reassurance that I'm not trying to intentionally deceive anyone. It's not meant to be a detailed analysis of every pitfall to my car or to dissuade all Buyers' doubts. The Buyers will need to find an independent inspection to fulfill that role.

Would you be willing to post your Autocheck report to aid potential buyer's in their purchasing decision?

I'm confident that the Autocheck report will further reinforce the CarFax and CarMax reports that my car doesn't have any problems that will affect its short and long term performance.
I dont know what you are saying at all. I know Autocheck has it on file because Carmax says it under the comments section of their appraisal. Plus, i don't doubt for a second that even an independent appraisal would tell you that it's had an accident before. Same news, different source.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 04:47 PM   #12
jeffersonkim
Private
Rep

Quote:
I dont know what you are saying at all. I know Autocheck has it on file because Carmax says it under the comments section of their appraisal. Plus, i don't doubt for a second that even an independent appraisal would tell you that it's had an accident before. Same new, different source.

You will notice that is says the door isn't original and the entire left side has been repainted?

That was what i was asking you about.
I got confused by your earlier comment.

I think there was some light touch up paint on the left front door from the impact of the left read door. The front door, as for as I understand it, is the original door.

And the "Prior Paintwork" comment may be referencing some touch up paint that Hi-Tech did on some scratches on the front left door as a courtesy when I brought the car in for the insurance work.

I think that's what they mean.

When they quoted me $13,000 I didn't even bother to ask Julio, the appraiser, for a detailed explanation of the "Conditions Assessed" section as the price they offered was so low, so I'm not 100% what they mean in all their words.

It's weird that they state on the appraisal that the value is "contingent on 2 keys and 1 remote" because the only thing I can think of as being the "1 remote" is my gate opener that I have from my apartment and has nothing to do with the car.

But for a "free" appraisal, I can't complain :]
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 11:14 PM   #13
jeffersonkim
Private
Rep

I updated my original posting to have more documentation that explains specifically what was repaired from the parking lot incident.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #14
jeffersonkim
Private
Rep

Price lowered to $16,000 obo.
Appreciate 0