E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > World's best BMW dealership?

06-01-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

World's best BMW dealership?

OK, E90Post is littered with horror stories of how this and that dealer did something awful.

Here is one on the brighter side. Took my 335 in for an oil change, and a brake squeak check. Got a 328 loaner, went to work. Needed to make a call to my wife, couldn't find my iphone, figured I left it in my car. I am pretty spacey at the moment, just got back from a trip to Finland and I am seriously jet-lagged. Too much fun staying up late, what with it being light out until after midnight there.

Decide to drive over to dealer and give them the spark plugs that I had changed a month or so ago. Get there and ask about my phone. Turns out I left my phone and wallet on top of my car. Tech notices a thump when he takes it for a test drive, sees something fly off. Stops car, retrieves phone and wallet and everything that was in it, including a few U.S. Grants.

So I get my phone and wallet back. And the SA decides that because I'm within a month or so of scheduled oil change that it is free -- I change my oil every 7500 miles, so I usually have to pay for every other one, but not this time.

This is one of the primary reasons why I will always drive a BMW as long as I live in Columbia, MO. Some of the best techs in the USA, and the best Service Advisor. My car works perfectly, including the suspension install a year later. Very, very happy customer.

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Good stuff. We needed a thread like this. We love complaining, but rarely give credits.

Rasmussen BMW in Oregon always treated me right. Always looked into more things that I requested. I felt respected and appreciated everytime I went there. If I buy another BMW near future, it will be through them.

I guess I know which dealership to go to if I move to Columbia, MO.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Garage List
I've had good and bad with my dealership (BMW Northwest). When my hpfp died at 4,800 miles on a saturday morning...on my way to a BMWCCA tour, the dealership worked their asses off and got my car finished at a moments notice..the same day. Other times when i've went in or called with questions, it has seemed like I was burdening them...and they just wouldn't go out of their way one bit to help me out. Today I called parts with some very small questions and the guy on the other end spent 20 minutes with me...gladly running out to several cars to look at cars so he could help answer my questions.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
JSpira
Freude am Fahren
Austria
Rep
Drives: Fünfer, Dreier, +

I think it's a great idea to look at the positives at BMW Centers and Workshops, of which there truly are many.

I've been dealing with DiFeo BMW (now BMW of Tenafly after the BMW enforced name change to geographic location) for a long time because of my high satisfaction with the service and support I've received and continue to receive.

I've been really pleased with everything from purchasing my new 335d (how many cars I have gotten from Ricki, my CA, in the past 10+ years?) to dealing with my SA, Gem and my former SA, Joe.

Jonathan

E90 2006 330xi
E90 2006 325i
E39 2003 530i Sport*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired

Nominated: Most Contributing Member
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #5
bmrm396
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3cs

i hope the guys at BMW San Diego read this thread ... they need help haha
      06-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #6
Marcus-SanDiego
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5 4.8i (E70)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrm396 View Post
i hope the guys at BMW San Diego read this thread ... they need help haha
No doubt.
      06-01-2010, 06:47 PM   #7
Marcus-SanDiego
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5 4.8i (E70)

I can praise Camp BMW in Spokane, Washington.

In particular, Jared Herling made my last car purchase a total breeze. In addition, we turned our lease into Camp as well. Not sure what he did, but our inspection was a non event. We had a cracked windshield -- and were expecting to get tagged for about $600. Nope. Camp said that, since we bought our 335 from them, they were covering the windshield. Very nice touch, especially since I negotiated a deal that was a little over invoice.

Even though I am in San Diego, I'll have no problem ordering from Jared in the future.
      06-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #8
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Good to hear. I have nothing but good things to say about my dealer too - from CA to SA I'm a very happy customer. It's sometimes tough to believe what people post on these forums about horrible dealers, but I guess they can't all be good (though they should be).

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #9
cb1111
I ask the questions you're afraid to ask.
Rep
Drives: 335xi

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to report this thread to the mods. It does not conform to the required "I hate BMW and dealers because...."

Unfortunately, we may all have to move to MO to get really good customer service.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #10
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

So they dont steal your things and give you a free $100 oil change (not really free as the dealers normally do services that are within a month as to avoid the hassle of dealing with the person again soon).

I say: Big Deal, this is probably not even the best car dealer within 20mi if your expectations are so low.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #11
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
Decide to drive over to dealer and give them the spark plugs that I had changed a month or so ago.
Why did you give back the spark plugs to BMW? Is there a core deposit?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 09:46 PM   #12
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
So they dont steal your things and give you a free $100 oil change (not really free as the dealers normally do services that are within a month as to avoid the hassle of dealing with the person again soon).

I say: Big Deal, this is probably not even the best car dealer within 20mi if your expectations are so low.
in todays day and age who can you really trust? that tech was alone in the car and with no one around could have very easily grabbed the phone and wallet and say he didnt see anything.

i havnt had to go to my dealer much (competition BMW of smithtown) but when i do, everyone i come in contact with does nothing but make me feel like a customer. my car is the second BMW we've purchased from my CA, Vito. he always asks about my family and how we're all doing. he always asks how the car is doing and if theres anything he can help out with.
The SAs are second to none, not only car guys, but real BMW guys. i get into conversations with them all the time. Competition BMW FTMFW.
anyone else from LI agree?
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 10:09 PM   #13
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBananaz18 View Post
in todays day and age who can you really trust? that tech was alone in the car and with no one around could have very easily grabbed the phone and wallet and say he didnt see anything.
Fair point. But the phone can easily be tracked (notably for iPhone, MobileMe) and many of them probably know that. Isn't it a bit disappointing when someone says they they are happy the dealer hasn't stolen their belongings (Since the second one wasn't really complimentary, much less a favor)?

What has the world come to?

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 10:41 PM   #14
09Monaco335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco 335i xDrive

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
In Pittsburgh, I'd definitely recommend the Sewickley Car Store over the other BMW dealers in the area. After warranty, I recommend Auto Tech on route 8 for great service.
      06-01-2010, 11:12 PM   #15
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
Fair point. But the phone can easily be tracked (notably for iPhone, MobileMe) and many of them probably know that. Isn't it a bit disappointing when someone says they they are happy the dealer hasn't stolen their belongings (Since the second one wasn't really complimentary, much less a favor)?

What has the world come to?
lol fair point.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 01:04 AM   #16
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

You guys are missing the point about the phone and wallet. I should have been clearer. They flew off the top of the car from where I had stupidly left them. I was lucky the tech noticed the thump and saw something in the mirror. He had to find all the stuff in the highway. I don't expect anyone to steal from me, let alone a tech. I cherish my small-town midwest upbringing where we never locked our doors or were afraid of strangers. But having the consideration to notice something like that and do something about it? That was cool, and I am very thankful.

If this was an isolated incident, fine. But time after time of consistent beyond expectations (mine are pretty high) service? Some complex modification jobs done right (search my car's history if you are interested), at very reasonable cost?

The dealership here has some outstanding employees -- it is about the people.

Oh, and the plugs, that was just to have them take a look at the color, which in my opinion was a perfect tan, but I wanted a tech that has seen a lot of plugs with 40-50k to see them to know what is going on with my car. I will post a DIY for plug changing when I get the time.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 09:01 AM   #17
KCSchoey
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z435i

Baron BMW in Kansas City. Granted it's the only BMW dealership in KC, but their service is very good.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 09:58 AM   #18
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Erhard BMW of Farmington Hills has consistently been excellent. I took my car in for a bubble on one RFT (I thumped a curb) under the tire warranty. The warranty says they reimburse you for the replacement tire but Erhard replaced it no charge. In the process they saw a nail in another tire and replaced that one as well. So at 25,000 miles I had two brand new tires, no charge. Outstanding service.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #19
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
You guys are missing the point about the phone and wallet. I should have been clearer. They flew off the top of the car from where I had stupidly left them. I was lucky the tech noticed the thump and saw something in the mirror. He had to find all the stuff in the highway. I don't expect anyone to steal from me, let alone a tech. I cherish my small-town midwest upbringing where we never locked our doors or were afraid of strangers. But having the consideration to notice something like that and do something about it? That was cool, and I am very thankful.

If this was an isolated incident, fine. But time after time of consistent beyond expectations (mine are pretty high) service? Some complex modification jobs done right (search my car's history if you are interested), at very reasonable cost?

The dealership here has some outstanding employees -- it is about the people.

Oh, and the plugs, that was just to have them take a look at the color, which in my opinion was a perfect tan, but I wanted a tech that has seen a lot of plugs with 40-50k to see them to know what is going on with my car. I will post a DIY for plug changing when I get the time.
ohhhhhh my bad. i thought they were in the cabin somewhere. yeah thats pretty cool too.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 10:09 AM   #20
GT1281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 330e/F25 X3

E90post is also littered with bitchers and whiners
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #21
DenverJayhawk
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

very happy with the service department at Murray BMW in Denver

330i, Black Sapphire, 6MT, Sport, Active Steering, Flux Capacitor
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #22
atwell3993
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil335 View Post
E90post is also littered with bitchers and whiners
+1 that's why the hpfp problem looks so bad, nobody posts up threads saying their hpfp is working perfectly after 28000 miles like me...

08 335xi | Sport | Cold Weather | Black on black | KW V1 | 19" VMR VB3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
When even your heroes are criminals, what do you expect?
Appreciate 0