E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > DEC 8 VQMotoring.com / Toys for Tots exotic run

11-05-2007, 08:31 PM   #23
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS

What school are you from E90?

Get a blank service hours form and get VQ to sign off for it. I am sure they won't mind
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2007, 07:57 AM   #24
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Hey did anyone receive their registration info yet?

I registered almost a month ago, and nothing has hit my email .

Mr. Cruz, would it be OK if i just came anyways and you could get me signed in if I do not receive registration information? I am planning on bringing lots of toys .
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2007, 08:21 AM   #25
thegeneral101
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Z06,'13 750Li,'11 Raptor

I haven't received mine yet either.
      11-11-2007, 10:03 AM   #26
VQMotoring
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335, F430, CLS63 350ZRTT, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideelement247 View Post
Hey did anyone receive their registration info yet?

I registered almost a month ago, and nothing has hit my email .

Mr. Cruz, would it be OK if i just came anyways and you could get me signed in if I do not receive registration information? I am planning on bringing lots of toys .
I don't see why that would be a problem. I have not received my registration info yet either. Did it say on the website they were supposed to send you something?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2007, 11:08 AM   #27
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VQMotoring View Post
I don't see why that would be a problem. I have not received my registration info yet either. Did it say on the website they were supposed to send you something?
Yea they were supposed to shoot you an email with all this confirmation stuff so that they can sign you in and line you up. I think they require you to register so that they know how much food to make, etc... not for anything like stickers on the cars for security like in other races/drives.

Let me know if you hear anything.

Could you sign a community service form for my school for doing this event Mr. Cruz?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2007, 11:11 AM   #28
E90 335i
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
What school are you from E90?

Get a blank service hours form and get VQ to sign off for it. I am sure they won't mind
I go to Pine Crest.

Shoot, I'll bring my SG E90 335i.....I think/hope by then I'll have my Helix Attache tuner...

I will talk to the school officials tomorrow about donating toys for this event and getting more participation. I would do this even if I didn't get community service hours...what a great cause. I am registering right now. We should have all the E90 post members get together sometime before for a meet and also I'd love to have the photos of the E90 guys posted up here....
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2007, 11:57 AM   #29
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I can meet with you if you live near pine crest. I live right next to westminster academy! We should get a meet going on somewhere and then drive up together.

What grade are you in @ PC? Do you know a girl named Rene? That's the only person I know @ that school, besides this girl Spencer who used to go there and transferred to westminster.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2007, 02:17 PM   #30
thegeneral101
Colonel
United_States
Rep

haha, i love how you guys are making this a "community service" event. not bad at all! sent them an email and asked if they will send us an email. So i will keep you guys up to date.
      11-11-2007, 03:20 PM   #31
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Awesome, thanks general!

Yea I am trying to make it a service event so that the girlfriend will go. Because, if I choose a car meet over her...well we all know what happens. But then again, we all know the girlfriends NEVER want to come along, unless theres an added bonus...i.e. shopping, etc.

Also, I am trying to involve my school, as Cardinal Gibbons goes all out on their service events. Especially when you can donate toys/food/magazine/etc and just get hours for it, the kids love it. It is always easier getting service hours for doing nothing, but at least they will donate for kids who need toys and will need it for Christmas.

I personally am excited to do this, especially since I am 18 just recently and wanna go andblow some $ at Hard Rock. But all-in-all I am excited for the cars and all the enthusiasts out there.

Oh, and BTW, for those horsepower junkies out there....my friend with his supercharged CTS-V with 520 whp is going to join and do it.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2007, 11:10 PM   #32
E90 335i
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I can meet with you if you live near pine crest. I live right next to westminster academy! We should get a meet going on somewhere and then drive up together.

What grade are you in @ PC? Do you know a girl named Rene? That's the only person I know @ that school, besides this girl Spencer who used to go there and transferred to westminster.
Spencer just came back to PC from Westminister.....yes, I know Rene, too....

Doesn't the event start down south and then drive up north? I'm a senior at PC. I can meet up with you and some other local guys if they want to so we can drive down to the other meeting spot and then to the event....I think it'd be pretty sweet if we can get 10 335s lined up driving in a row....intimidate those Lambo/Ferrari boys! Speaking of which....their representatives at the Auto Show in Miami are quite the eye candy!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 07:06 AM   #33
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

It starts at Donald Trump's club thing in West Palm - check the website. They give you breakfast there and then they drive down to Hard Rock.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 10:17 AM   #34
thegeneral101
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I talked to a guy with the rally, and he said a group email will go out after thanksgiving with more information. I replied asking if there will be specific registration confirmations, and he hasn't responded yet, so I will keep you guys up to date.
      11-12-2007, 06:21 PM   #35
thegeneral101
Colonel
United_States
Rep

ok, here is the email he sent me:

Yes, we have your registration. There's a tough issue hand hand though..........As much as we don't want to turn anyone away, unfortunately, this year we are limited to the number of cars in the event due to parking, food, logistics, etc, and we would like to make sure there is enough room for the high-end 'exotic' cars so that the event holds the mistique that entices sponsors and exotic car owners to participate.

For some reason, there have been multiple registrations lately for non-exotic cars - perhaps it's posted online somewhere? But, as we get closer to the event and it fills up with exotics, we may need to cut some of the other makes.

Like I said, this is a tough issue. It's not to hurt anyone's feelings (I love all cars, and some like the Honda S2000 is very exotic from the standpoint of numbers), but if things get too filled up with standard BMW's, Hondas, Nissans, etc., and we have to turn away exotics, it looses the luster of the general population's definition of exotic and dilutes the event.

You registered fairly early this year, so IF there are cuts it will be from those people who registered last. I will follow up as we get closer.

Thanks!

FB
      11-12-2007, 08:16 PM   #36
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

no es bueno

I guess we might get cut. That's just stupid.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 09:12 PM   #37
Hallandale E92
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Titanium Silver

guess if i want to go ill have to take the DB9.
RIP: Totaled 2007 335i Titanium Silver/ Coral Red : VIP Tuning Custom tune, VIP Tuning Intake, VIP Tuning charge pipes, VIP Tuning BOV, UR cat-less down pipes, OEM aero lip, OEM aero rear valence, 19" Iforged Daytonas
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2007, 06:28 AM   #38
E90 335i
Banned
United_States
Rep

Worst case....SL 550 on black 20's...

The thing is that we are not Nissans, Hondas, etc....we have a good amount of mods into our BMW's that make them into the "high end"....we will see...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2007, 07:02 AM   #39
thegeneral101
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 335i View Post
Worst case....SL 550 on black 20's...

The thing is that we are not Nissans, Hondas, etc....we have a good amount of mods into our BMW's that make them into the "high end"....we will see...
ya i agree, i think its just as cool seeing brand new modded BMW's rolling together as it is seeing stock ferraris.
      11-13-2007, 07:41 AM   #40
E90 335i
Banned
United_States
Rep

Besides, VQ is the sponsor and it'd be sweet to represent the BMW community/335i community with VQ as the sponsor...I registered a few days ago, hopefully it'll hold up...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2007, 03:26 PM   #41
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

yea, if vq is sponsoring, then why wouldnt they let in low end bmws, which is what vq specializes in?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2007, 05:00 PM   #42
E90 335i
Banned
United_States
Rep

Who knows....I am doing this to meet you guys, provide for a good cause, and do what I love (drive and meet people who like to do the same)....if they need money to help cover food, my poor BMW ass can pay for my own food. I understand that this is for Ferrari/Lambo and other 6 figure cars...that's fine, I can bring a 6 figure car that has a little lust to its looks, but I'd rather bring my car with ya'll to represent VQ's market and to make a little BMW group gathering to represent. After all, this is a good cause but I understand how they don't want the 'prestige' of the event going away.

Why don't we organize our own gathering and do this all ourselves if participating in this event isn't realistic? VQ...comments?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2007, 08:27 PM   #43
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I think if they don't let mein, I am at least going to go up there and donate the toys my school is going to collect. Let's see them turn down a school load of toys
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2007, 10:42 PM   #44
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Any updates? Are the 3 series allowed?
Appreciate 0