E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > !!!NEED HELP!!! Procede

08-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
nkkenme
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 335i Sedan

!!!NEED HELP!!! Procede

Have the procede installed ran fine before hand but the car wouldn't start on the first push of the button. Would do it every time on Map 0 but not another time. I assumed it was the tune. checked all my sensors unplugged and re plugged them. Same problem. Then I checked the 12v same problem after making sure it was good. Went and did a firmware update and loaded the 11-08 maps available on the page. I have a 2.5 I loaded the 2.5 maps for 6AT it is an automatic. started the car perfectly great map 0 was good. Switched to map 1 and the car died. restarted the car started fine but I had a lot of sounds coming from under the hood clicking of actuators or something it wasn't actual engine noise at least not normal noise. I back out of the drive way and tried to accelerate and the car wouldn't do anything but jerk along. maybe 2% throttle and it would jerk forward and keeping doing it. I stopped came back downloaded everything reloaded everything and still no luck car is doing the exact same stuff. Map 0 will run but nothing else is doing anything. Please help if anyone has any idea please help. User software told me code 11352 not sure what that is but I am at a loss now.

Thanks,

Tommy
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkkenme
Have the procede installed ran fine before hand but the car wouldn't start on the first push of the button. Would do it every time on Map 0 but not another time. I assumed it was the tune. checked all my sensors unplugged and re plugged them. Same problem. Then I checked the 12v same problem after making sure it was good. Went and did a firmware update and loaded the 11-08 maps available on the page. I have a 2.5 I loaded the 2.5 maps for 6AT it is an automatic. started the car perfectly great map 0 was good. Switched to map 1 and the car died. restarted the car started fine but I had a lot of sounds coming from under the hood clicking of actuators or something it wasn't actual engine noise at least not normal noise. I back out of the drive way and tried to accelerate and the car wouldn't do anything but jerk along. maybe 2% throttle and it would jerk forward and keeping doing it. I stopped came back downloaded everything reloaded everything and still no luck car is doing the exact same stuff. Map 0 will run but nothing else is doing anything. Please help if anyone has any idea please help. User software told me code 11352 not sure what that is but I am at a loss now.

Thanks,

Tommy
You won't get much help on the procede here. You need to uninstall that puppy ASAP and check if the symptoms persist. Go from there.

Sounds like a sensor or wire got pulled out during install. If not then maybe an actual fault with the procede. I won't be playing around with this if I were you since it sounds like your car is borderline about to take a shit.

If you feel like playing around more though... You can try to reset all your adaptions including a ecu reset. In the command center try to start resetting from 12 down to 1.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
nkkenme
Private
Rep

Slops

Thanks for the response and sadly I tried any and everything that you listed. Everything was working perfectly fine before I updated firmware and the maps. I think that the update was the wrong one or the map was the wrong one. Either way I need it fixed. If you wouldnt mind could you shoot me a pm on the problems with the unit. I would greatly appreciate it. Again thanks for the response and I look forward to hearing from you.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
FrankiE90
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Krooked Sk8board

check the two can wires.
alot of times when u remove the plastic there's alot of sticky residue.
u need to clear as much of that off the wires - u need a clean connection to the Procede wire.

try that.
I'm sure that can be the problem.
-
      08-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep

If the only thing you did was to upgrade the firmware, then you must have done something wrong in the process. Did you follow the steps carefully? And after the update, please reset the adaptions again before you start her up.

Also, make sure you know what maps to load. Do you have rev 2 or 2.5/3?

How to Update the PROcedes Firmware:
○ Connect the PROcede to the user software by following the instructions
above
○ Click on “Comms”, then “Firmware update”
○ Locate and select the uncompressed firmware file (.bin)
○ Press “Start Update”
○ Once the update reaches 100%, the lower bar will turn red and
say “ECU resetting, please wait” Wait until this turns back to light blue
saying “Procede Connected”. You are now done.

Troubleshooting: if you have problems connecting or staying connected
please visit this link: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...64&postcount=1

○ Note: Make sure the engine is NOT running for Firmware updates.

● How to Recover from a failed firmware update
http://www.vishnutuningforum.com/vie...?f=11&t=12#p28
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep

Also, like Frankie said... check those CAN wires... because if they are loose then your car may not be resetting everything like it should or communicate with the car correctly.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #7
nkkenme
Private
Rep

I talked to Robert today and apparently the firmware map I had wasnt for my procede or something. He emailed me a new firmware and maps for the car and now it's running great on the new maps and firmware. Only thing that is messed up now is the car will stall/die out when I try and switch from map 0 to map 1 and it doesn't start on the first button push anymore. It takes two pushes of the button everytime. Frankie thanks for the recommendation on the can wires I'm going to clean those up tomorrow and see if that fixes the starting issue and again slops thanks for all the information and help as well. Either one of you have any idea why the hell it won't start on first press? I think it's a mapping issue because it works just fine on map 0.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #8
FrankiE90
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Krooked Sk8board

no clue-
sounds like fuel pump.
with start issues.

drive ur car a few days to let it adapt-
do a few good woot runs.

btw, what other performance mods do u have.
      08-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #9
nkkenme
Private
Rep

Frankie,

I have an AR design downpipe and the procede thats it. I dont believe it to be the fuel pump because it doesnt do it at all with out the procede installed or when in map zero. I dont know though I guess it is a possibility. I still need to check the CAN wires which I will do later today and check back in.
Appreciate 0