E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > How much are people paying for the E92 Coupes?

07-07-2006, 12:36 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Lightbulb How much are people paying for the E92 Coupes?

Let's hear 'em!!
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 02:31 AM   #2
BenMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2007 330i coupe  [0.00]
2002 325ci  [0.00]
335i fully loaded... besides Active cruise and rear sunshade cause i have tints.

$750 off total MSRP... and my MSRP is near 51k! I'm starting to think I got a bad deal but the dealer is close and a great dealership. I used to think it was ok. the next closest dealer said 1k off msrp straight up.(found that out later). Down at the south carolina dealer with performance delivery they said $1500 off.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 07:54 AM   #3
Kalin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 328xi

335i + ZPP + ZSP + heated seats + PDC + metallic paint: $43,155
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 10:12 AM   #4
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

...I just spoke with my dealer.... he is saying in northeren NJ that the initial release of this car will go for MSRP, no deductions of any kind...

...makes me wonder about that.. hmmmm
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 10:44 AM   #5
Daneel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: It's very old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalin
335i + ZPP + ZSP + heated seats + PDC + metallic paint: $43,155
Military discount?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #6
toolfan
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty
...I just spoke with my dealer.... he is saying in northeren NJ that the initial release of this car will go for MSRP, no deductions of any kind...

...makes me wonder about that.. hmmmm
That is correct here is Chicago. MSRP... When the E90 came out, no one was discounting the car for a few months.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 12:22 PM   #7
vladinecko
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfan
That is correct here is Chicago. MSRP... When the E90 came out, no one was discounting the car for a few months.
that is a load of crap. my dealer tried to pull this one on me, i just went to a competitor who started negotiating right away.
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 01:00 PM   #8
Frosty
Colonel
Rep

...if anyone has an idea of a northern NJ dealer that will negotiate would be interesting to hear.

My car as configured (ZCW,ZSP,assist,shade,nav+idrive,access,metallic) is
MSRP : $50,053.20 (includes tax and destination)
Wholesale : $46,046.40 (includes tax and destination)

...so there is still a little wiggle room there with $4K 'profit'

I heard once that there is another 'dealer' price... a price below wholesale or possibly a volume unit 'rebate' given to a dealer... if anyone has some insight I would be interested to know. A silly person like me who is interested in getting hands on this car as soon as it is released I imagine my barganing room is limited to none (as told) but it would be nice to know what I am sacrificing to get the car before the NJ winter hits vs waiting for spring....

~Frost
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 01:09 PM   #9
335I talian Stallion NJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 3.0I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty
...if anyone has an idea of a northern NJ dealer that will negotiate would be interesting to hear.

My car as configured (ZCW,ZSP,assist,shade,nav+idrive,access,metallic) is
MSRP : $50,053.20 (includes tax and destination)
Wholesale : $46,046.40 (includes tax and destination)

...so there is still a little wiggle room there with $4K 'profit'

I heard once that there is another 'dealer' price... a price below wholesale or possibly a volume unit 'rebate' given to a dealer... if anyone has some insight I would be interested to know. A silly person like me who is interested in getting hands on this car as soon as it is released I imagine my barganing room is limited to none (as told) but it would be nice to know what I am sacrificing to get the car before the NJ winter hits vs waiting for spring....

~Frost
I hear you on that Frost... I wanted to enjoy this in September but now with the freakin NAVI delay, who knows.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 01:41 PM   #10
Frosty
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335I talian Stallion NJ
I hear you on that Frost... I wanted to enjoy this in September but now with the freakin NAVI delay, who knows.

Is that Navi delay a definate or rumor?... I was temptred to omit the navi... but I think if not just for the navi, but the prospect of integrating my iPod so nicely into the navi display when the cable is available...iDrive seems kind of fun too, albiet allegedly non-intuitive at first....

...decisions decisions.... I was really hoping that in September I would have the car.... seems odd to pay MSRP, even on options, and not be in the first allotment... lets see what Prestige NJ says to me in a day or two. in all seriousness being 'first' is not that big of a deal, its just taht I have been waiting on the E92 for so long, and LOVE the result of hte redesign...as least on paper and pictures.... I would imagine that a first time BMW buyer will not be displeased upon driving this car for the first time...

~Frost
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 04:24 PM   #11
toolfan
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladinecko
that is a load of crap. my dealer tried to pull this one on me, i just went to a competitor who started negotiating right away.
...and you live in PA and I live in IL. So there is a difference.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 06:05 PM   #12
bgreek22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i coupe

Chicago MSRP

I ordered mine back in June, and just last week picked all my options; I was told MSRP, and I checked a few dealers in the area and all said MSRP. I'm in the car business, and if we're still getting MSRP for Civics then I guess I can pay for a 335.
      07-07-2006, 10:56 PM   #13
unc879wins
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Lexus RC350 FSport

I certainly hope this isn't a newsflash to anyone; but for the love of pete, do not trade anything in when you buy new.

I reviewed about 10 BMW new car purchases in the past 12 months (I work at a bank) and even some 2006 325 and 330 buyers back in mid 2005 were getting $750 and $1000 over whlse pricing. The people that were upside down on their trade-ins were getting it in the shorts...paying full MSRP + the negative equity... ouch. Gotta quit buying GM products and trying to trade them in people....bad investment move.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 04:04 AM   #14
Kalin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneel
Military discount?
Yes.. waiting for the updated pricelist to come out. Sounds like the people doing the ED via SF are getting it for a few thousand less.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 08:43 AM   #15
BayAreaBMWFan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 328 2013

ED will save you $4-5K if US delivery is MSRP only

For those looking for discounts, please do ED. ED cars will not be coming out of the dealer allocation and the $1000-$1500 over ED invoice deals are starting to appear. Irv Robinson in Barrington, IL is known to give invoice + $1000 deals. Adrian at Nalley BMW in GA (Bimmerfest sponsor) has a $xyz over invoice special for many cars. A lot of California people are doing group buys at $1250 over ED invoice for the first week of October. So if your local dealer is MSRP only you can save $4-5K by doing ED.

FYI, a spreadsheet for doing the math with pricing and leases

DAMMIT MOD: Have some sense of ethics. If you do not like a link to bimmerfest (which is strange since the pricelist posted has bimmerfest watermarked all over) edit it out or add another line to the wonderful spreadsheet on e90post. But editing a post by a user to point to something he/she did not originally point to is unethical.

Go on the Autobahn. Tickets in October/November are going to be fairly inexpensive compared to peak summer.

Last edited by BayAreaBMWFan; 07-09-2006 at 03:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 09:18 AM   #16
toolfan
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc879wins
I certainly hope this isn't a newsflash to anyone; but for the love of pete, do not trade anything in when you buy new.

I reviewed about 10 BMW new car purchases in the past 12 months (I work at a bank) and even some 2006 325 and 330 buyers back in mid 2005 were getting $750 and $1000 over whlse pricing. The people that were upside down on their trade-ins were getting it in the shorts...paying full MSRP + the negative equity... ouch. Gotta quit buying GM products and trying to trade them in people....bad investment move.
Then you should also know, working for a bank, that it looks good on paper how they write up a deal to get approved. Banks will finance 110% of the value of the car because of negative equity. Sometimes cars have to be sold, on paper, for a little more and then a little more can be given for the trade in to make up for negative equity if the customer doesnt have much cash to put down.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 11:14 AM   #17
BayAreaBMWFan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 328 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfan
Then you should also know, working for a bank, that it looks good on paper how they write up a deal to get approved. Banks will finance 110% of the value of the car because of negative equity. Sometimes cars have to be sold, on paper, for a little more and then a little more can be given for the trade in to make up for negative equity if the customer doesnt have much cash to put down.
What!

If you increase the sale price by X and increase the trade-in value by the same amount X, you will get the same amount financed!! The dealer still needs to cut a check to payoff the current debt on the car being traded-in. Nothing changes by doing what you are suggesting, but for the fact that the customer ends up paying a higher sales tax in states where the trade-in value is not deducted from the purchase price (like CA).

It is just that the folks with negative equity are not smart decision makers in the first place. The dealers know that they can get away with anything with these customers, since their primary focus is monthly payments. Many of them are even worried whether they will qualify for the car and think that the dealer is doing them a favor by selling to them. Most of these customers are too poor in math to figure things out for themselves. So if the dealer asks for MSRP they will buy it at MSRP since if they knew better they would not be there in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 12:58 PM   #18
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

We're doing ED here in the Bay Area and are paying $1250 at most over ED invoice for the car. Once I get all the members together I'll be able to lower it to $1100 or so. hehehe I think it's a great deal since it would save us about $4k even after all the travelling expenses.

- Just a thought- FOr those that ordered the car and are not doing ED, what are you guys thinking???? You're not gonna be getting the car til at least September so why not wait another month (if that) and save yourself $4k???
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 06:44 PM   #19
mog_pj
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 97 Ford Mustang

I am contemplating the ED program myself and have a couple of questions:

Is that $4K an estimated savings figure or have you done the calculations?
I was figuring that with the trip expenses that amount would be closer to $1-2K but I could be wrong.

Also I've been reading that it takes about 6-8 weeks from when we take delivery of the car in Munich before it reaches the WestCoast, therefore from the early Oct delivery dates available I'd think we won't have the car until mid-end of November, is that right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90
We're doing ED here in the Bay Area and are paying $1250 at most over ED invoice for the car. Once I get all the members together I'll be able to lower it to $1100 or so. hehehe I think it's a great deal since it would save us about $4k even after all the travelling expenses.

- Just a thought- FOr those that ordered the car and are not doing ED, what are you guys thinking???? You're not gonna be getting the car til at least September so why not wait another month (if that) and save yourself $4k???
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 10:23 AM   #20
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Any more people strike up deals with their dealers yet?
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 07:10 PM   #21
MMakoto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: lookin'

i've scheduled to meet up w/ life quality in bay ridge tomorrow, and the appraiser as well. i'm gonna see what they can give me for my e90 330i w/ zpp, zsp, hs, 6mt, and lo jack early warning. car was purchased in mid january and it has 8200 miles on it.
i was told briefly by the dealer that they will sell the car at msrp for at least 6 months, and it seems kinda true after reading this thread.
i'll update this after my trip to the dealership tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 07:40 PM   #22
Pretender
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i, 07 328i, 16 X1, >17M2

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaBMWFan
For those looking for discounts, please do ED. ED cars will not be coming out of the dealer allocation and the $1000-$1500 over ED invoice deals are starting to appear. Irv Robinson in Barrington, IL is known to give invoice + $1000 deals. Adrian at Nalley BMW in GA (Bimmerfest sponsor) has a $xyz over invoice special for many cars. A lot of California people are doing group buys at $1250 over ED invoice for the first week of October. So if your local dealer is MSRP only you can save $4-5K by doing ED.

FYI, a spreadsheet for doing the math with pricing and leases

DAMMIT MOD: Have some sense of ethics. If you do not like a link to bimmerfest (which is strange since the pricelist posted has bimmerfest watermarked all over) edit it out or add another line to the wonderful spreadsheet on e90post. But editing a post by a user to point to something he/she did not originally point to is unethical.

Go on the Autobahn. Tickets in October/November are going to be fairly inexpensive compared to peak summer.
Group buy for $1250? My SA can give anyone in Bay Area for $1k over the ED invoice with configured options which were also at invoice price. I already posted the msg earlier. PM me if you guys live around Bay Area.
BTW, all dealers don't verbally give you any discount because the car is not even here yet. Just wait when the e92 hits the showroom, lower prices will be seen. Even though no dealer gives you discount on MSRP now, I can still easily get $1k below MSRP. Therefore, it won't be a surprise when you see $2k below the MSRP in Sept-Oct time frame.