E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > 2010 3 series pricing released

09-16-2009, 12:05 AM   #89
sidekick96
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Thanks for the info, ill try and see what prices i get and update you guys.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 02:57 PM   #90
joo030879
Rep
Drives: 335i

good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekick96 View Post
Thanks for the info, ill try and see what prices i get and update you guys.
Good Luck
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #91
sidekick96
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joo030879 View Post
Why would you want to wait. Order right now. Haggle your local BMW dealer for a greate deal. If you can order one for $47K you cant beat that. You can specify all trims and detail the exact way you want. All you need to do is have patience for 90 days. Will beats 9 month I had to wait for my baby, LOL
i shot for invoice price and they wouldnt budge, kept spitting out 5-6% over invoice which was pretty darn high
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #92
NorCalBMW
Supporting Dealer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i CV & 08 SMRT CP

Garage List
2009 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekick96 View Post
i shot for invoice price and they wouldnt budge, kept spitting out 5-6% over invoice which was pretty darn high
Wow... Too bad you're not in Cali. I would give you a killer deal. If you're interested PM me what you're looking for plus timing and let me check into shipping. I just might be able to put something together for you.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2009, 10:36 PM   #93
MR_UCF_NURSE
Black Metallic/Coral Red w/gray poplar wood trim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 M-sport 335i Coupe

Any one familiar with leasing on BMW's? I ordered a MY 2010 335i last month and this is my first car lease...anything i should know? whatch out for? Thanks for ANY info/advice..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #94
NorCalBMW
Supporting Dealer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i CV & 08 SMRT CP

Garage List
2009 BMW  [0.00]
Since you ordered last month, there should be no program changes. Also, depending on your state and front lic plate rules, if you don't want them on and they have to be on, might be a good idea to let you CA know. Congrats on your purchase!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 06:22 AM   #95
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
Sounds like you want a stripper 3 series. That's not going to happen in the US where a BMW is considered a luxury car. Personally I don't understand a US 3 series without leather, power seats, auto-dimming mirrors, etc. You get these in a $20K Ford Focus these days.

Thanks, Mike.
Well, some of us buy a BMW for the way it drives, and things that don't improve the car's driving or safety characteristics don't, for us, add value. And just because a car has leather, auto-dimming mirrors, etc., still doesn't make it a good driving car nor do those features make the car a lux car. I'd loved to have been able to buy my 3er with red leatherette seats instead of the leather, but alas the only way to get the red was to buy leather. And I agree with the prior poster; I don't need powered, memory seats and navigation and most of those other convenience-oriented bells and whistles.

I really don't care about luxury in a 3er. I have a true luxury car for when I want/need to ride around in luxury. My 3er is for the fun of driving it as well as for the convenience -- it's a lot easier to drive/park around town than the luxo cruiser I have, it's also more on the DL than a luxury car, and finally, it's just a cooler car. Mostly, I want the chassis, engine, handling, and engineering, along with a swanky appearance.

Thankfully, BMW is pretty good about offering features a la carte, so you can pretty much get just the bits you want and not have to pay for the bits you don't. Much better than MB, for example, where everything is bundled into some package or other.

About the only thing that would be nice to see from BMW would be a bit more customizability in the interior appointments. I'd like to see a few more choices in the interior colors -- leather and/or leatherette -- and the option to choose the colors of the dashboards, rear interior deck, door trim, stitching and carpets...sort of like one can typically do when purchasing a luxury car.

One point on navigation systems:
I have found that when I am in a strange town and needing directions, I get much better information from the local folks whom I ask for assistanct than I have ever found available from a navigation system. The locals often share all manners of choice bits about both the route to take as well as other interesting things about their town, many of which are very specific to the date I am actually present in the town in question. I see navigation systems as just one more excuse to avoid interacting with other PEOPLE. I, however, feel that the people make the place interesting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 06:25 AM   #96
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargamon View Post
You dont get it? What about the engine? Shift box? Suspension? Fit and finish?

Still don't get it? How about the way it handles? The Smooth Motor, the usable torque in the 328i when you row your own?

This is the car I will drive to work. Maybe to my beach place 3 hours away when my teen age kids are not with us.

I might take the other approach and think why the hell would you order up a 33-36k base car and add up 50% of the cost on add on's and power most really don't use except on occasion? This is like getting the most expensive house in the neighborhood. Its not good value. Its like putting granite countertops in the kitchen and saying the house is better built. No, the counter in the kitchen is better, but it does not effect the engineering of the house! Power seats only help if you move your seat around alot. If you need to move it alot, get it. I understand. But It does not make the car better, just the convienence of the seat. It don't effect the transmission?

If I could get sport seats and wheel alone on a e92 (suspension is already sport) then I'd be happy as hell! I don't want performance tires on my daily driver!

Why not? The car drives very very well with the standard 17's. Sure bigger wheels are better, but sometimes very very well does the trick!

If I lease, the sunroof don't matter. MT don't matter. Leather don't matter. Your ass don't know the difference if its leatherette. 3 series leather don't really feel like leather. I'd rather have a sport seat in leatherette than a standard in just leather. My ass knows that difference.

I rented a camry recently and it FOR THE MONEY it drives very well. I can't stand when people put inexpensive cars down. $for $ the amount of engineering and performance in those cars are amazing! No wonder people don't like BMW drivers who think their shit don't stink.
I could not agree with you more!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 06:34 AM   #97
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
The truth is in America (as I said), BMW is a luxury car and the market wants luxury features.
Thanks, Mike.
That may well be the case, Mike, but BMW doesn't actually offer luxury features or the luxury car buyer's experience. To see what I mean, go visit an Aston or Bentley store. Some vehicles like Maser offer the luxury experience for far less cash, but BMW doesn't offer that experience at any price.

All I'm saying is that if one really wants luxury, than be not fooled by what BMW tries to push your way as luxury. It's really just bells and whistles that up the price of the car, but not its luxuriousness.

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 06:46 AM   #98
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
Part of the beauty of the BMW optioning system is freedom of choice. Other manufacturers bundle options into packages with fixed availability in regions....

With BMW we can all order our cars the way we want them. Almost. I would like some further options, like an expanded list of BMW Performance goodies installed at the factory at reduced cost. Manual cloth seats. LSD. Weight reduction.
Agree totally.

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 07:01 AM   #99
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc View Post
...Us in USA feel like we are 'getting less car for $40K USD' but they've been feeling that they are getting less Euros when BMW collects our $40K USD...
Want more bang for your USD, tell your Congresspersons that you want a strong dollar. The prices of your Japanese and German cars will effectively go down.

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #100
jeveryday
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i xDrive

Not having a moonroof stock is real wack.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #101
sidekick96
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joo030879 View Post
Why would you want to wait. Order right now. Haggle your local BMW dealer for a greate deal. If you can order one for $47K you cant beat that. You can specify all trims and detail the exact way you want. All you need to do is have patience for 90 days. Will beats 9 month I had to wait for my baby, LOL
Fellas i pulled the trigger on a 335i today, 2010. i dont know how some of u guys got it at $1500 under invoice but thats remarkable, i ended up getting it for $400 over. still a good deal imo.

2010 335i
SG
Auto
Sport
Nav
Heat
Comfort
Distance
Logic7

thanks all!

Special thanks to NorCal aka Jason for helping me out the best he can!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2009, 12:19 AM   #102
mcbing
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

When you guys are saying x dollar over invoice, this is before the holiday credits right?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 01:36 AM   #103
icyunv
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92,G63,CLS550,458,EVO X FE

just realized the 2010 335i coupe has the retro mirror
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #104
lawgone
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

I wish getting the premium package didn't automatically result in getting the moonroof. Adds weight, price and is rarely used by most people.
Appreciate 0