E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > 08 M3 + 19 year old = bad

Closed Thread

07-24-2008, 04:24 PM   #89
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneSkippy View Post
That, once again is a stereo type. I've seen plenty of adults who type like they're a 13 year old girl. I'm 19 and I consider myself fairly competent at the English Language. I'm not an English major or anything, however I know what's wrong/right.

The truth of the matter is, everyone is stupid. Everyone does stupid things, of all ages, races, religion, etc. Grouping people together doesn't work, you can't just lump everyone in to a preconcieved notion just because of their age. As I pointed out earlier I'm 19 and have only been involved in one accident, which wasn't my fault. The two cars infront of me had an accident, I stopped in time, and got rear ended. Was that because I'm a reckless teen driver?

This post wasn't meant to single you out Balls, your post was more of the stepping-stone for mine.
Completely correct, the insurance industry 'stereo types' drivers based on historical data to classify them all the time.

Let me ask you something..do you think a 21 year old is stastically a 'better' driver then a 16 year old? Do you think a 16 year old 'deserves' to drive a Lambo?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 04:44 PM   #90
jrc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Well at least I finally got something worthwhile from this thread -- a new siggie quote. Classic
      07-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #91
bigslick82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

Sorry to get in the middle of this but I think that both sides make good points.

The elders are simply stating that there really is no substitute for experience, and you got to admit that’s true. You improve in anything with practice. I don’t think that they were calling the young 1er's out (rather, I thought they were upset at the moron who thought he could play fast and the furious in a neighborhood with a brand new m3) and if they were, that’s wrong. Older people can act stupid too and drive like fools. We've all seen it. However, the statistics support the fact that young drivers are not the safest. I'm not saying the group here is not safe, but rather the entire 18-25 range.

As for the young drivers here, no one should be bashing you over having a nice car. If you make the payments work for you, then enjoy it. You seem like responsible people anyway. Just realize that no matter how good of a driver you are, there’s always somebody out there who’s worse. Always error on the side of caution, that’s all. The real issue should be that the people in the car were VERY LUCKY they did not get hurt or anyone else hurt. The driver of the m3 hopefully has learned a lesson.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 05:58 PM   #92
backtoreality15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls View Post
I don't need to look anything up...comes with the territory of being a commander...and having to deal with many young & stupids. I had two in front of me this week for a DUI and DWI. They entered my door with careers and left without them. Maybe one day you'll be standing tall in front of yours.
Uh oh, watch out everyone. We've got ourself an all-knowing military commander here.

More seriously, however, please don't pull rank here. It really does not make your argument any stronger.

07-24-2008, 08:13 PM   #93
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtoreality15 View Post
Uh oh, watch out everyone. We've got ourself an all-knowing military commander here.

More seriously, however, please don't pull rank here. It really does not make your argument any stronger.

Haha, thats epic. I have to agree that pulling rank like that makes you look like an insecure prick that is suffering from small man syndrome.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 08:23 PM   #94
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtoreality15 View Post

Wow. You guys should have a little more respect for the folks who provide the freedom you all take for granted. Amazing how the moderators will censor street racing posts but turn a blind eye to this kind of disrespect. Admin, please lock this thread before it gets worse.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 10:05 PM   #95
jbenington86
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 Tundra

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
2008 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Wow. You guys should have a little more respect for the folks who provide the freedom you all take for granted. Amazing how the moderators will censor street racing posts but turn a blind eye to this kind of disrespect. Admin, please lock this thread before it gets worse.
Now the first part of what they said I do not agree with... Now the second part of what they said is understandable... being in the military, your rank, and position should not should not be brought and posted into a fourm period.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2008, 01:54 AM   #96
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenington86 View Post
Now the first part of what they said I do not agree with... Now the second part of what they said is understandable... being in the military, your rank, and position should not should not be brought and posted into a fourm period.
Hey smart guy, show me where I stated my rank. I just used my position to qualify a point, which is that I'm one of the people that has to deal with this kind of stuff professionally, and far more often than I should have to. Therefore, I see it far more than most and my opinion should be credible. I also, like you, exist in a very youthful environment and one would have to be blind to not see the differences in exhibited maturity and behavior from people in their 20s vs. 30s vs. 40s. [Most] people mature as they age. Plus, I never advocated that ALL young people are stupid and immature. Ultimately there's a reason why younger drivers pay more for auto insurance. As for me, I'm in my 40s and still doing the same things I did in my 20s (like riding fast motorcycles), although I take my personal safety into far greater consideration than I used to. Some of you come across as if you have nothing to learn from your elders. You speak with great disrespect toward them. There are no guarantees in life. You cannot count on reaching my age. The choices you make can kill you long before you have an opportunity to get beyond the high(er) risk years. I see that often enough too. If I am to advocate anything at all it's to have respect for things. Think about the inherent dangers and plan/prepare accordingly. That applies to all ages. With that, I'm done...

Cheers!
      07-25-2008, 02:01 AM   #97
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
dude. . . You suck. I would love to make you look like an ass again, but you. . Suck. Ugh..

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2008, 05:55 AM   #98
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

^^We all know who looks like an ass after that comment. Keep up the good work!

I am done as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2008, 07:21 AM   #99
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

A few of you need to learn how to play better, and remember the saying about "opinions". It's true. :smile:

Locking the thread. It's lived well beyond it's intended lifespan.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread