E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Logic Motorsports prototype Cold Air Intake Dyno results!!

01-09-2008, 10:46 PM   #89
Rugs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Steve or Max...I read though the entire thread and didn't see it mentioned. Does your CAI use the stock diverter valves or a BOV? Any updates on your release?
Thanks
-rick
SMART-Top /One-Off Opaque Vinyl EYELIDS / 30% TINT / A.C.SCHNITZER Pedals / "M" Tri-Color Wheel w/Paddles / EIBACH Pro-Kit / AKEBONA F. & EBC RED-STUFF R.Dustless Pads / Drilled & Slotted ROTORS / MIRO M6 Reps / MICHELIN PS2's / U.R.Coated DP's / CYBA-QUAD Exhaust Tips / BMS-TUNED...
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 11:26 PM   #90
BoLaS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

bummmmppp pics? info? price?
      01-09-2008, 11:40 PM   #91
steve@logic
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi rick, Our intake system can be used with the stock diverter valves. We are Trying to have the intake's completed by Feb!

I had the pleasure to test drive a 6mt back to back with and without or intake in place. With the Logic intake the turbos spooled quicker causing a near immediate response in boost. It came on much quicker then the factory intake with BMC air filter. Power delivery was also noticeable from the butt dyno. BTW the sound is unmistakable. I am sure everyone will enjoy it. After wasting a half tank of gas on the highway and city streets, the car still felt just as responsive and powerful as the first time I nailed the throttle!!!

Our testing proves that our Intake systems power gains are exponential as boost in increased!!! Great news for the power hungry!!!

BTW guys No need to worry about sucking in water and hydro locking your motor, because that will not be an issue with our intake!!!

Best Regards,
Steve

Last edited by steve@logic; 01-10-2008 at 12:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 11:51 PM   #92
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve@logic View Post
Hi rick, Our intake system can be used with the stock diverter valves. We are Trying to have the intake's completed by Feb!

Best Regards,
Steve
does that mean you will build them and then sell from your inventory??
...nothing (that much) against gruop buys, but that would be great

maybe you can take modest deposits so the interested can get in line.
that could be good for all concerned.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2008, 12:12 AM   #93
steve@logic
United_States
Rep

We Build them and Stock them. We are going to sell the first 50 intakes to E90POST members at a discounted introductory price!!! Limit 1 per customer of course.

No need for group buys and filling up endless spots. If we decide to do group buys on this later on, it will be 5 sets or so. I also see no point in doing ridiculous quantity group buys... I feel that, If you don't have the capital to invest in your own product. You should not be pushing that on your customers. I as well as my boss see a huge moral issue in doing that. We conduct business with a high level of integrity. So you will never see us asking customers for initial "deposits", or "pre orders", or Group Buys on a product that does not even exist yet. We invest, build, test, and stock our intake systems all in house!

Best Regards,
Steve
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2008, 12:20 AM   #94
Gen_E92
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: slow

Garage List
2007 335i  [7.80]
Quote:
We Build them and Stock them. We are going to sell the first 50 intakes to E90POST members at a discounted introductory price!!! Limit 1 per customer of course.

No need for group buys and filling up endless spots. If we decide to do group buys on this later on, it will be 5 sets or so. I also see no point in doing ridiculous quantity group buys... I feel that, If you don't have the capital to invest in your own product. You should not be pushing that on your customers. I as well as my boss see a huge moral issue in doing that. We conduct business with a high level of integrity. So you will never see us asking customers for initial "deposits", or "pre orders", or Group Buys on a product that does not even exist yet. We invest, build, test, and stock our intake systems all in house!

Best Regards,
Steve
Mad props to doing things the right way
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2008, 12:29 AM   #95
BoLaS
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Best Regards,
Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_E92 View Post
Mad props to doing things the right way
+1000 just b/c of this post im in! now release it!
      01-10-2008, 01:30 PM   #96
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

Quote:
We Build them and Stock them. We are going to sell the first 50 intakes to E90POST members at a discounted introductory price!!! Limit 1 per customer of course......

Best Regards,
Steve
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2008, 02:13 PM   #97
steve@logic
United_States
Rep

Thanks for all the replies. And the friendly Pm's! We all appreciate the kind words guys!! All Pm's replied.

Best Regards,
Steve
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 05:35 AM   #98
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: speed demon

o-cha smoke a cigg or something.. or get some mary jane to smoke on.. Maybe you will be nicer.. Freaking a hole
quit posting for 5 days please..
Black Sapphire/Black Dakota/Bamboo/AnthraciteHeadliner/M-Tech Kit/Spoiler/Sports/Premium/Navi/HUD/Comfort/Rear Shades/ParkDistance/Ipod/Sports Auto w/Paddle/Logik7/30% Tint/Clear Bra/KW3/ Radenergie rs10 20"/Defi RedRacer Psi/Smoked front reflectors/ LED interior lights

Soon: Rpi Catback, GIAC or EVOtech flash, Dinan Rear Strut, OEM M5 Mirrors
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 11:58 AM   #99
Biturbo335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW/Coral E92 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2bling View Post
o-cha smoke a cigg or something.. or get some mary jane to smoke on.. Maybe you will be nicer.. Freaking a hole
Seriously... that guy has to take a hike...
2007 E92 335i - Alpine White, Coral, 6 Speed MT, Premium, Sport, Painted Reflectors, GT thunder Angel Eyes, M-Tec Fogs, Cyba CF Kidney Grills, Black OEM Lower Mesh, OEM Aero-Lip, 19" Staggered Matte Black VMR CSL Reps, General Exclaims - 235 Front and 265 Rear, Black Window Trim, BMS Dual Filter Intake, Britalman Catback Exhaust, CF Mirrors, CF M3 trunk lip, 5% Tint, Lamin-X Tinted Tails, Split Second Turbo Tuner.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 12:01 PM   #100
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biturbo335i View Post
Seriously... that guy has to take a hike...

although some of his posts are insulting to people, the man definately knows his stuff about cars....He just needs to be working on his P.R skills!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #101
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Interested in this product as well. Intake will most likely be my next upgrade. At this point I would really like to know the design of the intake. There are no pics at this point right?

Does it require an abrupt reverse in airflow similar to the VIP design for the front turbo intake?
      01-16-2008, 02:45 PM   #102
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2bling View Post

maybe he needs to rub one out...........I suggest "the stranger"
      01-16-2008, 05:59 PM   #103
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
Interested in this product as well. Intake will most likely be my next upgrade. At this point I would really like to know the design of the intake. There are no pics at this point right?

Does it require an abrupt reverse in airflow similar to the VIP design for the front turbo intake?
++2
whats the word steve??
at least you can post some pics....

i will take someone at least a few months to knock it off/copy it.
ASSUMING it is as good as you say it is:
by the time someone tries to copy your design, by then all of us would have already bought your unit and installed it.

give us a pic or two at least....u know i (and others, but especailly me) have been waiting patiently.

response??
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 11:04 PM   #104
steve@logic
United_States
Rep

Guys, our final prototype is with our materials supplier. We are trying to eliminate some extra welds and getting the intake mandrel bent. It costs us more but the finished product will be much nicer and a lot easier for us to do quality control.

We have the other intake on Jon's car. And it running great! I don't mind snapping a few pic's to show you guys. I don't think my boss will think its appropriate yet.

Best Regards,
Steve

Last edited by steve@logic; 01-17-2008 at 12:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 08:49 AM   #105
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

Quote:
Guys, our final prototype is with our materials supplier. We are trying to eliminate some extra welds and getting the intake mandrel bent. It costs us more but the finished product will be much nicer and a lot easier for us to do quality control.

We have the other intake on Jon's car. And it running great! I don't mind snapping a few pic's to show you guys. I don't think my boss will think its appropriate yet.

Best Regards,
Steve

....and therefore what is approx eta for product release if all goes well??

OBVIOUSLY, if there is a glitch later, we will not hold u to this eta. BUT JUST a bit more inf please.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 12:26 PM   #106
WAYNEBO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Amen!

Quote:

Best Regards,
Steve
      01-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #107
Park2670
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Tell me about the first 50. Im in on it!!
      01-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #108
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Still no pics or real details huh? :/
      01-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #109
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

whats the ballpark price going to be?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 01:57 AM   #110
steve@logic
United_States
Rep

park2670: You got it!

O-cha: No pics, I am not happy about this. Only details I am allowed to post are in this thread.

jcarlucci1: As soon as I am given our target price I will post it.

Considering the car has only been out for a year. I have seen more after market support for the 335 then many other performance cars in the past. I cant wait to see what happens when the 135i comes out.

Best Regards,
Steve
Appreciate 0