E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > LCI M-Sport suspension question.

09-28-2017, 11:36 AM   #1
SnapCoupe
BMW Portland
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe/E90 335i

LCI M-Sport suspension question.

I have a 2011 RWD M-Sport sedan and I am looking at doing a quality spring setup. Considering the car is quite low from the factory, I don't want to lower the front more than 1.5in and the rear more than .5-1in. With this in mind I am looking at the Eibach, Swift, and Dinan springs. I am looking for a slightly stiffer setup with more mechanical feel and grip. I plan on using my stock shocks for the time being as they are still in great condition, so this will have to be accounted for.

Along with the springs I plan on doing 10mm front, and 12mm rear spacers along with Dinan or Eibach sways.

Does this sound like a decent setup? I am trying to get everything dialed in for under 1k. Also, is the Dinan ride quality kit something worth purchasing if I go with lowering springs instead of coilovers?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2017, 06:24 PM   #2
chris@strutmonkey
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

If you car has over 70K miles or so, your shocks are likely not in good condition. I would recommend doing a whole suspension refresh/upgrade at once. Do it once, and do it right. Once you do it yourself, or pay some to do it, you will wish you had. Here is OEM shocks with Dinan springs for example...

Name:  b4 dinan e90.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  497.5 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapCoupe View Post
I have a 2011 RWD M-Sport sedan and I am looking at doing a quality spring setup. Considering the car is quite low from the factory, I don't want to lower the front more than 1.5in and the rear more than .5-1in. With this in mind I am looking at the Eibach, Swift, and Dinan springs. I am looking for a slightly stiffer setup with more mechanical feel and grip. I plan on using my stock shocks for the time being as they are still in great condition, so this will have to be accounted for.

Along with the springs I plan on doing 10mm front, and 12mm rear spacers along with Dinan or Eibach sways.

Does this sound like a decent setup? I am trying to get everything dialed in for under 1k. Also, is the Dinan ride quality kit something worth purchasing if I go with lowering springs instead of coilovers?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0