E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Muffler Delete N55 (BEST MOD)

08-01-2015, 08:11 PM   #23
cdaniel525
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreMyWorld View Post
That does seem fairly excessive. That's 45 minutes worth of work at most and piping isn't expensive at all. Shouldn't be more than $150.

As for straight muffler delete, I personally didn't like it.

I went this route instead:

The shop I went to took an hour to do everything, which includes: painting the tips black (while I was there waiting), taking off the old exhaust, piping work, welding and ensuring it was perfectly sticking out straight and not crooked.

So just for a muffler delete, they're fairly slow if they took a whole hour.

What did you have done if not a muffler delete??

OP car sounds great btw!!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 09:21 PM   #24
M4 AJG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93Manny335 View Post
I haven't went to smog yet, I go in a few months it's due in November for me.. From what I was told it should be ok. I have my stock mufflers incase I fail due to it. I got it done in San Bruno, San Bruno Muffler... Was about 180.
Was that price with tips also. I'm in ssf and I'm planning on doing the same
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 04:59 AM   #25
E93Manny335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e93 N54 335i MHD TUNED

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastye90
Quote:
Originally Posted by E93Manny335 View Post
I haven't went to smog yet, I go in a few months it's due in November for me.. From what I was told it should be ok. I have my stock mufflers incase I fail due to it. I got it done in San Bruno, San Bruno Muffler... Was about 180.
Was that price with tips also. I'm in ssf and I'm planning on doing the same
Naw, no tips. When I initially did it I used the stock tips, but then went back to weld some 3.5 inch double walled slanted edge tip from eBay
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #26
BrianT335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW E90 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreMyWorld
That does seem fairly excessive. That's 45 minutes worth of work at most and piping isn't expensive at all. Shouldn't be more than $150.

The shop I went to took an hour to do everything, which includes: painting the tips black (while I was there waiting), taking off the old exhaust, piping work, welding and ensuring it was perfectly sticking out straight and not crooked.

What did you get done? Car sounds really nice! Just bought mine and trying to do my exhaust just don't know what yet!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 12:14 PM   #27
pnastyFL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ..

I know few guys around town that have muffler deletes on stock n55s, i think it sounds really good. But put a catless DP on there and its a whole different game, sounds like a civic with a fart cannon
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 01:12 PM   #28
n55e90
In it to win it
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavychevy69 View Post
I know few guys around town that have muffler deletes on stock n55s, i think it sounds really good. But put a catless DP on there and its a whole different game, sounds like a civic with a fart cannon
how does this sound like a civic with a fart cannon? lol

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 01:35 PM   #29
pnastyFL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by n55e90 View Post
how does this sound like a civic with a fart cannon? lol

Yeah, I'm sorry but that sounds awful to me... If i heard that driving down the street I would expect to see a slammed miata with a whistle tip coming at me
Appreciate 2
winjury17.00
      10-07-2015, 07:52 AM   #30
YouAreMyWorld
///Project Aura
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White ///M-Sport 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT335i View Post
What did you get done? Car sounds really nice! Just bought mine and trying to do my exhaust just don't know what yet!
Thank you, I appreciate it.

I asked for the following: Muffler delete to straight pipes, welded to dual "Elite Mufflers", then welded to custom tips & powder coated black.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 11:30 AM   #31
Andrewe92
enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 lci 335xi

Garage List
question.. I know you didn't want to buy a full exhaust which I understand, it's too much for little to no power gain. But why didn't you just get a catless dp instead? You would of had that extra power and a lot more in the sound department. That's just my 2 cents maybe I'm missing something
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 06:42 PM   #32
norsairius
Foodie and Gearhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreMyWorld View Post

Can you provide more detail? The video is great and all, and it sounds very good, but what was actually done? Any part #'s (if applicable)? Any drone? Thanks!
      10-10-2015, 04:33 AM   #33
YouAreMyWorld
///Project Aura
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White ///M-Sport 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by norsairius View Post
Can you provide more detail? The video is great and all, and it sounds very good, but what was actually done? Any part #'s (if applicable)? Any drone? Thanks!
Hi there! Thank you

What I asked for is the following: Muffler delete into straight pipes, welded to dual "Elite Mufflers", then welded to custom wider tips & then powder-coated black. I unfortunately do not have any part numbers, but I can give you the information for the shop where they might be able to provide you with such. PM me if interested.

As for drone, is there? If you're comparing to stock, yes. Is it obnoxious? No. Can an in-cabin conversation easily be had with or without windows down? Yes, of course. Will it get annoying after a while? Most certainly not!

It might not be for everyone, but honestly it's not a huge deal. A little adjustment is necessary when coming from completely stock, but the sound is simply intoxicating to me, and in my humble opinion, the way our vehicles should sound from the factory--these are 'sport' cars right? You will be heard and recognized, but you certainly won't be pissing off the neighbors or be 'that guy' roaring down the street for no reason.
Appreciate 1
      10-18-2015, 03:21 PM   #34
E92only
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i 6MT M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz311 View Post
Wonder how loud it would be with catless DP. Im looking to put mine back on soon, and I was trying to find a Remus Race exhaust second hand, but no one here has tried to sell theirs in the past half year or so.
My E92 had 4 inch catless downpipes with a muffler delete, and although it sounded like my friend's GTR, it had too much drone. Plus, the toxic fumes gave me a headache since my car is a DD.

2020 Porsche Macan S PASM
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2015, 10:51 AM   #35
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i

Could you get a video of you on the road and maybe do WOT? Camera outside of the car, kind of like a drive by!?

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0