E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Lux Angel Eyes... Really Disappointed

03-29-2018, 11:10 AM   #67
jeddo45
Apprentice
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddo45 View Post
Not off hand but right now, my outer bulb is very very dim. It needs to be night time in order for you to see the light. In day time you gotta be up close to see the light.

The inner bulb is fine.

Maybe my light orientation is wrong?
Maybe.

How would anyone know without seeing what you're talking about? There are tons of pictures in the Exterior/Lighting section of the forum. If your lights don't look like those then something is probably wrong and you'll need to find out if it's the installation or the replacement bulbs.
Yeah I hear ya. Gonna definitely look into it because from what I understand my headlights could look way better.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 01:36 PM   #68
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

I like how so many people say that the rings will never look uniform.

I've seen more than enough proof in pictures that this is just not true. Sure, it may not be 100% uniform, but I've seen many pictures where the outer ring looks pretty damn bright, and in many cases, pretty damn close to the brightness of the inner ring.

So I'm not buying the whole "it's designed that way" when there are pictures that prove otherwise.

I've had my BMS angel eyes ($99 at the time) installed for several years...probably like 6 years honestly. It's not perfect but I've been happy with the brightness and obviously the life of them.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 03:16 PM   #69
dsjr2006
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 E39 540iA

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2001 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher22 View Post
I like how so many people say that the rings will never look uniform.

I've seen more than enough proof in pictures that this is just not true. Sure, it may not be 100% uniform, but I've seen many pictures where the outer ring looks pretty damn bright, and in many cases, pretty damn close to the brightness of the inner ring.

So I'm not buying the whole "it's designed that way" when there are pictures that prove otherwise.

I've had my BMS angel eyes ($99 at the time) installed for several years...probably like 6 years honestly. It's not perfect but I've been happy with the brightness and obviously the life of them.
"Sure, it may not be 100% uniform" <- so not uniform.. Also, not sure why this needs to be said, but pictures do not always show reality. Maybe the photos are only shown where the angel eyes and car look best?? Ever been to a McDonalds where the burger looks like the product in real life?

Nobody said they can't be pretty close, but they will not be uniform on E90/E91. That's the point! It is that way exactly because of the design, even the stock halogens do not produce uniform light. LED rings sometimes look worse on the E90/E91 because they are closer to the color temp of the sun and get washed out more easily due to the lack of contrast.

One E90/E91 headlights the inner ring is smaller and since the light is split between the two it appears brighter. There are sooo many threads about this and I kinda can't believe it's still being debated a decade after these cars came out. But then again people are still saying there earth is flat so...
      03-29-2018, 08:22 PM   #70
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite

with the LUX H8 angel eyes there is only 1 way for these to be installed, due to the 3 unique tabs on the bulb. The flat spot on the bulb also is the same direction as the connector on the stock bulb, so that can be used as reference point.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 08:23 PM   #71
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire335i View Post
I ordered a pair of the Lux H8 180 angel eyes. Supposedly they are suppose to be the best money can buy.

I want uniform light on both angel eyes. Not just the inner angel eyes. The outer ring hardly has any light. My headlights are restored and not foggy at all. This is just how they sit on my car. I also followed the install instructions.

Does anyone have any better recommendations for getting both rings to light up
I have a 2008 e90 pre lci 335xi and I can tell you stories about all the various AE's I went thru before finally trying out Lux AE's. I believe I got them back in maybe 2014 or so... but since then I have not needed to do anything to them and they have yet to fail. Prior to trying LUX I went thru like 5 sets of AE's between 2011 and 2014 LuxAngelEyes

My car shows it as very even on both rings and my car today has about 150k miles on it
Appreciate 1