E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Jacking Block / Pad broken - clips and centre pin INSIDE body sill

03-06-2024, 02:53 AM   #1
braziers
Rep
Drives: 2015 F22 M235i, 2012 E91 335i

Jacking Block / Pad broken - clips and centre pin INSIDE body sill

I picked up my E91 LCI 335i a couple of weeks ago.
One of the only things I noticed on the car that I needed to address was that the front RH Jacking Block / Pad was missing.

The dealership ordered a replacement for me so I can install myself, which arrived yesterday.
However, upon inspection, it appears the old block / pad has been broken offat some point, rather than totally knocked off, and the clips and centre pin (the oval thing) are still INSIDE the bodywork sill, just sitting up there loose above the holes.

Other than spending hours trying to align these to the holes with tiny screw drivers and then attempting the yank them out with pliers or similar, is there an easier way to get at these?!
Should I even be worried about them being up? My OCD is telling me to get them out to avoid any rattles down the line.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 11:26 AM   #2
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Just leave the pieces in there.
Appreciate 0