E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY: Steering Wheel Pistol Holster

04-12-2015, 11:16 PM   #45
inrev`
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 335i m sport

I would imagine a kydex holster may be a tad more beneficial on a draw. It may also be easier to manage when you reholster as nylon can collapse.

I'm curious as to why you chose to mount it in your cabin versus appendix carry though. If you appendix, you could probably draw just as fast (I guess that would fall on training) and go in/out of the vehicle without having to shift the weapon back and forth between holsters.

ooo...unless...that is your primary holster and you just clip and unclip.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 12:12 PM   #46
Kiba
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Thanks for the insight!

First off, you should only do this if...
1) It is legal in your state and local government.
2) You are properly trained in the safe and correct use of a firearm in and around vehicles.
3) Have and possess the proper license and or paperwork needed in your area required for legal carry in a vehicle.

Second, this is not to determine if it is right or wrong to want to be able to carry a firearm in a vehicle. This is a Diy. If you don't feel it's a necessity to carry a firearm, fine, however this is not the place to post those thoughts. Thank you.
I felt very inspired after reading the OP's DIY. I have a Blackhawk ambi nylon holster just like the one he used. However I wanted a more "solid" mounting option. I remember how he stated that he made it lefty because he was a righty. It just so happens that I'm a lefty and I was given a hard plastic Blackhawk holster for right hand. Up till now I didn't have a use for it. So this is my variation on his diy
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 12:22 PM   #47
Kiba
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Oh and the yellow circles are the things I "modded". The belt hooks I flipped in the opposite direction of how they are ment to be. This combined with the opposite center hook allows you to holster and unholster your firearm without pushing or pulling the holster out with the pistol. The other is a spacer I inserted with a matching thread size screw of a longer length. This allows me to insure a proper tight grip on the pistol. This holster has a internal spring clip that is used with a tension screw to allow for the adjustment of the holsters retention. It is tightened all the way and does not move.
Thanks again for posting this Diy, I don't know if I would have come up with this on my own.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 07:48 PM   #48
Cdutch513
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 BMW 328i

Garage List
2010 BMW 328I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIntoYou View Post
why carry a gun around like that? I could see you brandishing that gun when someone tries to cut you off/ just saying...
why do race cars have fire extinguishers in them?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 01:26 PM   #49
theMeeks
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdutch513 View Post
why do race cars have fire extinguishers in them?
Wait... You're seriously making that reference?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 04:47 PM   #50
tsm007
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i

Garage List
2016 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2008 BMW 328xi  [10.00]
2003 Honda CBR954RR  [0.00]
This is so bad ass.
      10-07-2016, 06:50 AM   #51
McPikie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 320d Msport

May as well just leave it on the top of the dash rather than conceal it. Least then people are aware you have the gun.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2016, 09:08 AM   #52
Cdutch513
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 BMW 328i

Garage List
2010 BMW 328I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by McPikie
May as well just leave it on the top of the dash rather than conceal it. Least then people are aware you have the gun.
Then someone smashes your window and steals your gun.
      10-12-2016, 08:19 AM   #53
Iwejun
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i coupe, 2009 Z4 3.0i

Love the anti gun crowd, never have been forcibly pushed to side of off ramp and screamed and threatened by a gap toothed drunk at 3 in the morning is my take. All safe and nestled in their warm beds. Not me OB/gyn, out at all times of the night serving three hospitals when on call. Had no idea why the guy was going off just knew if the threat escalated I had a backup. Btw, you can't just go around brandishing a gun to threaten a possible perp. You'll go to jail or at least a large fine. When Officer Friendly might pull me over he or she already knows that I am a carrier from the background check that was run before they get out of their cruiser. If my gun is visible to them in the car I'm in trouble already.
I don't feel comfortable carrying all the time and I get extended training in case of instances where perps go nuts.
FYI, my 82 yr old father got cut off and stopped by a drunk and his drunk other and proceeded to try and punch my dad who had colon surgery 6 weeks prior, hit him once in stomach before my dad got one off on him. I wish he had been carrying to wipe that dirt off the earth. He still has no idea why the guy did it just that he didn't move from red to green light fast enough for the guy. Chit happens. Thank goodness bystanders weren't afraid to intervene.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 05:31 PM   #54
McPikie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 320d Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwejun View Post
Love the anti gun crowd, never have been forcibly pushed to side of off ramp and screamed and threatened by a gap toothed drunk at 3 in the morning is my take. All safe and nestled in their warm beds. Not me OB/gyn, out at all times of the night serving three hospitals when on call. Had no idea why the guy was going off just knew if the threat escalated I had a backup. Btw, you can't just go around brandishing a gun to threaten a possible perp. You'll go to jail or at least a large fine. When Officer Friendly might pull me over he or she already knows that I am a carrier from the background check that was run before they get out of their cruiser. If my gun is visible to them in the car I'm in trouble already.
I don't feel comfortable carrying all the time and I get extended training in case of instances where perps go nuts.
FYI, my 82 yr old father got cut off and stopped by a drunk and his drunk other and proceeded to try and punch my dad who had colon surgery 6 weeks prior, hit him once in stomach before my dad got one off on him. I wish he had been carrying to wipe that dirt off the earth. He still has no idea why the guy did it just that he didn't move from red to green light fast enough for the guy. Chit happens. Thank goodness bystanders weren't afraid to intervene.
It's that kind of mentality that worries me. One punch and you'd have emptied a clip in him??

I had a bit of road rage a few years ago because some guy cut me up and I beeped at him. We both got out at a red, words were exchanged, and he threw a sneaky left punch which split my face open.

Would I have shot him? Hell no.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 03:54 PM   #55
Mashman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPikie View Post
It's that kind of mentality that worries me. One punch and you'd have emptied a clip in him??

I had a bit of road rage a few years ago because some guy cut me up and I beeped at him. We both got out at a red, words were exchanged, and he threw a sneaky left punch which split my face open.

In order to carry a gun in public, one should need a license. Only 8 states allow you to carry without a license - Alaska, Arizona, Kansas, Maine, Montana, Vermont, Wyoming, and West Virginia.

While every state should require a license to carry a firearm in public, it should also be reasonable, and not overly difficult to obtain.

Those with carry permits are the most law abiding persons in the country.
http://crimeresearch.org/wp-content/...nter-Final.pdf
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 05:58 PM   #56
TEC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashman View Post
In order to carry a gun in public, one should need a license. Only 8 states allow you to carry without a license - Alaska, Arizona, Kansas, Maine, Montana, Vermont, Wyoming, and West Virginia.

While every state should require a license to carry a firearm in public, it should also be reasonable, and not overly difficult to obtain.

Those with carry permits are the most law abiding persons in the country.
http://crimeresearch.org/wp-content/...nter-Final.pdf
Umm..actually you don't need a permit in a few other states as well.

I carry but I'm not for this method. This is too much incentive for a rookie or over zealous cop to decide to shoot first and ask questions later if they happen to see it. I keep mine in center console and I figure that is close enough for me to get to if needed and hidden enough to give me time to actually disclose the weapon and its location to an officer if pulled over. Be safe y'all.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 08:14 PM   #57
Nipplebro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 335 m sport n55

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPikie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwejun View Post

you can only shoot someone if you feel your life is in danger, in court they will look at ability, intent and opportunity. as a concealed carrier you should always try and de-escalate confrontations because when you pull that trigger they are going to try and prosecute you
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 08:02 AM   #58
OnlyDriveGerman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi Coupe 6MT

All these anti gun, liberal snowflakes are funny. I seriously hope that they are never in a situation 2 fists can't handle cause in the world we live in where people are getting murdered everyday by fellow members of their communities, bad cops, or plain scum bag people, they will wish they carried legally, like millions of other law abiding citizens do. Someone comes in my house and puts mine or my families life in danger, I'm ready to defend my life and the life of those I love as the 2nd amendment allows me to. Anyone with a problem with that doesn't think people should be able to own/carry guns, go F off!
Appreciate 0