E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > NC folks - where are you?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-23-2014, 05:37 AM   #2135
EASTCOASTNINJA
WILL
EASTCOASTNINJA's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
463
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Alpine White 335i Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC

iTrader: (1)

I need a Cobb V3 anyone got one for sale or trade plus cash?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 02:05 PM   #2136
kevinbahnz
Lieutenant
kevinbahnz's Avatar
25
Rep
519
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ma-NC

iTrader: (1)

Does anyone have recommendations to a shop that does Walnut Blasting in or around Greensboro.
__________________
<img src=http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z164/kevinbahnz/08-23-2008030.jpg border=0 alt= />
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 08:14 AM   #2137
rohitsja
MUHAAHAA
rohitsja's Avatar
5
Rep
410
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NC

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbahnz View Post
Does anyone have recommendations to a shop that does Walnut Blasting in or around Greensboro.

I haven't been able to find one who does it and always get recommended to go visit a dealership !!!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 05:04 PM   #2138
kevinbahnz
Lieutenant
kevinbahnz's Avatar
25
Rep
519
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ma-NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitsja View Post
I haven't been able to find one who does it and always get recommended to go visit a dealership !!!
I've asked Crown and Korman and they don't do it . They only do the chemical clean.
__________________
<img src=http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z164/kevinbahnz/08-23-2008030.jpg border=0 alt= />
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 08:37 PM   #2139
jon_335
Private First Class
2
Rep
185
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (1)

Performance BMW in Chapel Hill does walnut blasting, I believe. Don't know how far you're willing to drive for it.
__________________

2007 BMW 335i | Garner, North Carolina
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2014, 08:12 AM   #2140
rohitsja
MUHAAHAA
rohitsja's Avatar
5
Rep
410
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NC

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_335
Performance BMW in Chapel Hill does walnut blasting, I believe. Don't know how far you're willing to drive for it.
they do and also ask for $650 !!!
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2014, 01:20 PM   #2141
MikeE90NC
Private First Class
1
Rep
198
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere, NC

iTrader: (1)

So, apparently there is a new system/process going around now of cleaning the buildup on our valves that does not require walnut blasting that is just as effective and cheaper to do. One of the shops here was telling me about it and said they used to do walnut blasting but now use this and only charge $150-200 to do it! The shop I usually will take my car was getting acquainted with this system either last week or this week. Just a heads up for anyone looking for walnut blasting. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of what it was called. If anyone knows what I am talking about chime in, otherwise I will try to find out more shortly.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 09:11 PM   #2142
jon_335
Private First Class
2
Rep
185
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitsja View Post
they do and also ask for $650 !!!
Holy crap! Didn't realize it was that pricey. I had mine done there 2 years ago and it was $400. Might have been part of a group buy, though.
__________________

2007 BMW 335i | Garner, North Carolina
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 08:45 AM   #2143
MMMCOOKIES335...
Lieutenant
MMMCOOKIES335...'s Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
521
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i M-sport Lemans
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Apex, NC

iTrader: (1)

Hmm, I had mine done 6ish months ago at Performance BMW for $400 as well? Is it getting more popular maybe...
__________________
**2009 335i M-sport--G5 ISO--AR 3" ******* DP's--BMS DCI--VRSF 7" FMIC--BMS Charge pipe--Spec 2+/SMFW--Whiteline.au Subframe Bushings--Hawk HPS pads/Stoptech Slotted rotors--Eibach Pro/Koni yellow--M3 arms all around--BMW SSK--LUX V3--Michelin PSS**
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 11:30 AM   #2144
MMMCOOKIES335...
Lieutenant
MMMCOOKIES335...'s Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
521
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i M-sport Lemans
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Apex, NC

iTrader: (1)

anyone want to trade 12mm BMS Spacers for 10mm spacers? Let me know please!
__________________
**2009 335i M-sport--G5 ISO--AR 3" ******* DP's--BMS DCI--VRSF 7" FMIC--BMS Charge pipe--Spec 2+/SMFW--Whiteline.au Subframe Bushings--Hawk HPS pads/Stoptech Slotted rotors--Eibach Pro/Koni yellow--M3 arms all around--BMW SSK--LUX V3--Michelin PSS**
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2014, 04:04 PM   #2145
TheSt1g
New Member
TheSt1g's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
13
Posts

 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NC, USA

iTrader: (0)

You know you can buy your own walnut blasting kit from Bavauto.com for only 230.00

Part Number Description Price Qty.
B1100001
Media blaster kit - For purchase - Includes media blaster, walnut shell media and Genuine BMW heavy duty aluminum vacuum adapter

$ 229.95
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #2146
kevinbahnz
Lieutenant
kevinbahnz's Avatar
25
Rep
519
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ma-NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeE90NC View Post
So, apparently there is a new system/process going around now of cleaning the buildup on our valves that does not require walnut blasting that is just as effective and cheaper to do. One of the shops here was telling me about it and said they used to do walnut blasting but now use this and only charge $150-200 to do it! The shop I usually will take my car was getting acquainted with this system either last week or this week. Just a heads up for anyone looking for walnut blasting. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of what it was called. If anyone knows what I am talking about chime in, otherwise I will try to find out more shortly.
I was at a MR. Tire and they offered me a chemical service that would clean up the buildup for around the same price. It's a 3 step process and I can't remember what they called it. I think Korman is doing the same thing now too and also at Crown BMW.
__________________
<img src=http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z164/kevinbahnz/08-23-2008030.jpg border=0 alt= />
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #2147
MikeE90NC
Private First Class
1
Rep
198
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere, NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbahnz View Post
I was at a MR. Tire and they offered me a chemical service that would clean up the buildup for around the same price. It's a 3 step process and I can't remember what they called it. I think Korman is doing the same thing now too and also at Crown BMW.
Yea, that is probably it. The guy assured me that it actually worked. Im glad that there is a cheaper alternative going around. Bavarian Auto does it and Carr Industries should be doing it by now too.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #2148
kevinbahnz
Lieutenant
kevinbahnz's Avatar
25
Rep
519
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ma-NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeE90NC View Post
Yea, that is probably it. The guy assured me that it actually worked. Im glad that there is a cheaper alternative going around. Bavarian Auto does it and Carr Industries should be doing it by now too.
Let us know how it works out
__________________
<img src=http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z164/kevinbahnz/08-23-2008030.jpg border=0 alt= />
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST